main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Lost in a Good Fic -- The Well of Lost Plots Social Thread

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by NYCitygurl, May 31, 2010.

1. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Yes and no. I want to see it, but given how part one was rather disappointing...

2. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    I already have my tickets. No midnight showing for us. We are going Friday night.

3. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I'm revved up because it's the last one. I don't know about going opening night, but that woud be fun :D

4. Master_Jaina1011

May 20, 2002
    Oh for the movies I wanna see, I see opening night. For DH2, I would have gone to a midnight showing but... it was sold out.

But I am very excited for it!

5. Ubersue

Ubersue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 1, 2008
    I have still yet to see a single Harry Potter movie or read any of the books. I really have to get on that this summer. :)

So I was at the Canada Day parade in Vancouver this evening and what did I see? Stormtroopers! That was pretty awesome, especially when my friend started heckling them by cheering for the Rebel Alliance.

6. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Sweet :D

You haven't read/seen HP? You totally should!! They're so good.

7. mrjop2

mrjop2 Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 6, 2007
    Well, after a month hiatius, I'm finally back and continuing my two stories. Man, with loosing my DSL modem in a lightning storm, and a shedule change, it's great to be back!

8. Ubersue

Sep 1, 2008
    Will do, then. :)

I'm glad things are going better, mrjop2! Getting back into the writing habit again is such a great feeling.

9. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Welcome back, jop!!

[face_laugh] The Census and Games social thread once collectively bagdered Tyi-Maet_Nefer into reading them and he loved them :D Read them now so you can join the next JC House Cup game this fall!

10. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    The books are well worth reading, even if you're not a teenager. The stories are well crafted and compelling, rich in details and amazingly planned. The characters are very real.

11. Ubersue

Sep 1, 2008
    I shall definitely seek HP out, then. :)

I'll be looking for a copy in the local thrift stores, though, because I blew my entire spending budget at Ikea. To buy more bookshelves. [face_laugh]

12. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] Oh, the irony :p

13. Master_Jaina1011

May 20, 2002
    IKEA is a bad place to go if you have money. Very very bad place.

I am growing my DVD collection and soon I gonna have to get another bookshelf for that.

JM77 and I are seeing Part 1 at 9pm tomorrow and Part 2 at midnight and then I am seeing it again Friday night with my roommate.

:D

14. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    That sounds like fun!! (As does going with another JCer!)

15. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    My brother got us tickets for a back to back showing, as well. Which is just as well, since I haven't seen the first half yet.

16. Master_Jaina1011

May 20, 2002
    My co workers are now looking at me surprised when I use Potterisms. hehe... I seriously cannot wait.

17. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Did you purposely wait to see the first part, Lilith?

I love a good Potterism :D

18. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
  19. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I think that's really cute!!

20. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    [face_laugh]

Thanks, Nat. :)

I'm about to head back to school today. It's pretty exciting - courses at the Stratford Festival, and a whole bunch of Shakespeare. :D Unfortunately, I have limited internet access in the residence there, so I guess I won't even be lurking on the JC for the next three weeks. :p If you see me at all, it will be a very rare sight.

Have fun, guys - whatever you get up to. If you're Harry Potter-ing this week, it's an awesome film and y'all better dress up for it, if you haven't already. :p

21. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Have fun!! [:D]

22. mrjop2

mrjop2 Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 6, 2007
    Personally, I'm glad that this is the last HP film. I never understood the hype for this series. I've seen the movies, and it's been barely good enough to watch the remaining movies to see what happens next. This new movie was a dissapointment in that since it's the last movie, it should have had a much more dramatic ending. It felt like the movie intentionally tried to spoil the dramatic ending every chance it got. I couldn't help but get angry at several points of the movie, because they just continued to blow oportunity after oportunity to do something very dramatic, only have a bucket of water poured over my head. I think I will stay with Lord of the Rings as being the greatest film series of all time!

Sorry, didn't mean to be pour cold water on anyone's head, but that's my opinion. Truthfully, I found this Summer to be horrible when it comes to movies. Transformers 3 was even somewhat a let down. I think the surprise of the Summer for me was Pirates of the Carrabean 4.

23. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    LOTR is pretty fabulous. I enjoyed the last few HP movies. They weren't the best things ever, but I liked the last one. LOTR is definitely my favorite adaption, though.

24. Master_Jaina1011

May 20, 2002
    I honestly think they adapted Deathly Hallows pretty well. The other movies left out a lot.

I heard from several people that Transformers 3 was awesome. I thought Thor and X-Men First Class were really good too.

So my summer movie season has been awesome so far.

25. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Yeah, Deathly Hallows was done well. And I enjoyed the 6th one, though I know many others didn't.

I haven't seen any of those :( Mr. Popper's Penguins was pretty cute, though :D