main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Lost] It Wasn't Supposed to Happen This Way - Charlie/Claire Vig

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Miana Kenobi, Mar 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Fandom: LOST
    Title: It Wasn't Supposed to Happen This Way
    Timeframe: End of Season 3, during "Greatest Hits"
    Characters: Charlie, Desmond
    Genre: Sadness
    Summary: Before Charlie dives to the Hydra station, he reflects on how life should have been.
    Disclaimer: LOST may have eaten my soul, but I still don't own it.
    Notes: Thanks to the fantabulous qwi_xux for the beta!! *HUGS*

It wasn?t supposed to happen this way.

The plane crashing ? that was supposed to happen. As strange as it sounds to think that, I now know that it really was fate that brought Oceanic 815 down. At first I thought it would be the worst thing imaginable to ever happen to me. And after being chased by a polar bear, nearly eaten by a smoke monster, and hanging by my neck to die, it was. But landing here on this bloody island was also the best thing that ever happened to me.

I became clean. I kicked my addictions and started a new life. I became a new man; a better man.

I met you. I fell in love with you. We found each other.

I cried in happiness as I watched Aaron brought into this world. He was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen, apart from his mother. I know biologically he may not be mine, but he is. I love him like he is.

We had our trials ? like the stupid git I am, I lost your trust, and because of my idiocy, you got hurt. It was a long and hard road to win back your approval, but we became closer and stronger because of it. You allowed me back into your life, and for once in my life, I felt whole.

But our story should have gone on from there and continued to be a perfect fairy tale. It wasn?t supposed to happen like this.

Desmond Hume was never going to tell me that I was going to die. He was never going to have to keep saving my life from lightning or trip wires or stupid bloody birds. We were going to be rescued. Be it a passing ship, or a plane, or a helicopter, hell Martians for all I care, somehow we were going to get off this island. Together.

There was no underground station; there was no button that had to be pushed. There was no drowning and leaving you alone. This freighter could have been the one to simply show up and take us home.

Home.

We would move back to Australia. You would be near your mother and I would be near Liam. I would never leave your side, and we certainly would never fly anywhere ever again. The press would hound us for a while, but I?m used to it and would protect you from most of it. Eventually they would get bored and leave us to live out our lives in peace.

You would ask what would happened next, unsure if I would return to my career and to my life back in London. Your fear of me abandoning you would break my heart and I would tell you exactly what was going to happen next.

I was going to marry you.

It would have been perfect. I would have stood there with Hurley and Liam at my side, anxiously waiting for you to appear and calm my turbulent nerves. Kate would be there, as would everyone else ? well, maybe not Sawyer, but everyone who mattered. They would all brave an airplane again just to be with us for this day. My stomach would be doing flips and I would fear for the worst possible scenario. And then you would appear looking like an angel and nothing else would have mattered. I would promise to love you for all time, slip a ring onto your finger, and finally be complete.

That night would be the happiest of my life; lying beside you, my beautiful wife, and becoming whole with you for the first time. Though it would not be our first for either of us, it would be so much better. Our pasts wouldn?t matter; all that would matter is the feel of your skin under mine, the soft curls of your hair as my fingers caress your hair, and the sweet taste of your mouth as I whisper how much I love you in the dark.

We would buy a house together. It would be nowhere near the beach, and I?d keep peanut butter in stock on the shelves so we would never run out. It would be smal

2. mrjop2

mrjop2 Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 6, 2007
    Not much of a Lost fan, but this was very well written.

3. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    That was lovely!

It really should have happened like Charlie described for him and Claire. I think I cried when Charlie died on the series.

Beautiful =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.