main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Love, Qui-Gon--a story of friendship in letters-- New post 10/25

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarthIshtar, Mar 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WyoJedi

WyoJedi Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 7, 2005
    Such a great update. Leave it to the tabloids...

I especially loved this line:

Dear Qui-Gon,

Your Padawan has some cheek! She suggested that because I didn't win by kissing babies last time, I should try kissing Jedi Masters.

Love,
    Noela

I can certainly imagine Lien doing that [face_laugh] Great stuff!

Cheers,
    Wyo

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Dear Noela,

It was a kiss on the cheek. And it was good for your image. I would yield to the temptation to ask if it was good for you, but I think you would break my nose again.

Sincerely,
    Qui-Gon

Dear Qui-Gon,

I just might. And yes, it was "good" for me. I might not have minded it if you hadn't done it just to provoke those idiot holoshills! Next time, please restrain yourself until we're in a more private setting.

Grudgingly,
    Noela

Dear Noela,

What makes you think there will be a next time?

Smirkingly,
    Qui-Gon

Dear Qui-Gon,

I know you too well.

Smugly,
    Noela

Dear Noela,

Yes, but you also know that I don't like to hide things. Yes, I might do that again someday, but I won't take to hiding. I'm not ashamed of my Attachment to you.

Sincerely,
    Qui-Gon

Dear Qui-Gon,

I don't know why that was so touching, but thank you for not being ashamed of me. Now, shall we get back to business?

Love,
    Noela

Dear Noela,

What was our business?

Sincerely,
    Qui-Gon

Dear Qui-Gon,

The election? The rally tonight? Our upcoming trip to Alderaan?

Love,
    Noela

Dear Noela,

Oh, right. I'd forgotten there was an election on.

Sincerely,
    Qui-Gon

Dear Qui-Gon,

Are you looking to reposition your nose again or were you not in earnest?

Love,
    Noela

Dear Noela,

Not to worry. I am fully aware of the reason why I have been protecting you for the last four weeks.

Sincerely,
    Qui-Gon

Dear Qui-Gon,

Lien looks more grown up every time I see her. Is it wrong that I'm starting to feel old?

Love,
    Noela

Dear Noela,

Absolutely. You're younger than me, she's still a young woman who is growing up too fast for my tastes and you'll never be old. She does look in her element right now, however. It makes me proud.

Sincerely,
    Qui-Gon

Dear Qui-Gon,

Me, too. I don't think her candidate will win, though.

Love,
    Noela

Dear Noela,

That's not the point. She is learning another valuable duty that she performs for the Republic.

Sincerely,
    Qui-Gon

Dear Qui-Gon,

I completely missed what the Ambassador was saying. When are we going to stop passing notes in class?

Love,
    Noela

Dear Noela,

When one of us exercises some self-restraint. Or when you refuse to speak to me. Or when I die.

Sincerely,
    Qui-Gon

Dear Qui-Gon,

I hate this. I had just opened that message when it happened. You were joking, I thought, about those options. It's your way. Now, I'm sitting in a medcenter's waiting room, writing to a man who probably won't be reading this for several days. If I ever get around to sending it. If anyone's watching me, they probably think that I don't care about you just because I'm writing you a letter instead of pacing a hole in the floor.

I won't say I wish you hadn't done this for me. You probably won't ever know how much it means that you would put yourself between me and a blaster rifle. I suppose I've always known that you'd do that for me. I certainly would do it for you. I just wanted it to be one of those unspoken agreements between us.

Moreover, of course, the reason why the Jedi were assigned to the Senatorial candidates was precisely because this sort of thing does happen. It hasn't happened in nine years, but...

I'm making no sense. I don't even know what I'm saying. I suppose I'm trying to pass the time until we know that you'll be all right. I've been trying to get a hold of your Padawan and have now sent all of my aides off looking for her. She's not where the schedule claimed she'd be and half of me expects that to be linked to you, somehow, but most likely, they're stuck in traffic. I don't know how to explain this to her. I'm still trying to figure it out myself. I remember the blaster. I remember the whine of the shot, the flash of light that made it impossible to see when you were hit. I remember that you weren't the only one who was hit, but I lost Niana. I can't begin to deal with that right now. I need to focus on the fact that you are st

3. Noelie

Noelie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 11, 2005
    HE TAKES BLASTER FIRE FOR HER??????????? Good heavens!

I loved the moment that she was upset because he was the one person that would have come storming into the women's 'fresher, and he is too hurt to come.

I hate emergency rooms. I hate that word stabilize too.

I loved her worries that he was hurting, ect.

Just a great, but very sad installment.:_|

4. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Dear Qui-Gon,

I pulled some strings, paid too much money, but finally got them to let Lien stay tonight. Well, all right, it wasn't too much money in terms of actually spending money on her happiness, but they shouldn't have made me pay at all for letting your 'daughter' visit you. So what if she's still a minor?

They're saying that you're responding well to the treatment and should be awakening tomorrow or the next day, depending on how dependent you were on the sedatives. You're not staying under just to torment me, are you? I mean, I know I can be obnoxious and possibly even harsh with you at times, but couldn't you wake up and tell me about it instead of staying motionless, pale and unconscious?

Love,
    Noela

TakenJedi: Just finished reading your letters. You thought I was doing it on purpose?
    YodaIsMyAttachment2: I don't know, Qui. I had been up for forty hours. Your Padawan was still recovering from the shock and in such a state that if you were doing it on purpose, I wouldn't have forgiven you.
    TakenJedi: I'm glad I had the tenacity to come back, but no, I was not doing it on purpose. I wouldn't have forgiven me if I were. Thank you for keeping Lien in one piece while I was convalescing.
    YodaIsMyAttachment2: I would say it was my pleasure, but it was traumatizing for both of us when I tried to do her hair one of the days and she started bawling over the hair clips.
    TakenJedi: Oh, no, she didn't.
    YodaIsMyAttachment2: She most certainly did. That girl is almost as hopelessly Attached to you as I am. I'm just getting too old to burst into tears.
    TakenJedi: Would the women's 'fresher agree?
    YodaIsMyAttachment2: That was sobbing uncontrollably in a fetal position. There is a bit of a difference.
    TakenJedi: I'm sorry for causing the both of you distress. It was for a good cause, however.
    YodaIsMyAttachment2: It was. I am glad to see you're well enough to make fun of me again.
    TakenJedi: Are you sure it's not the drugs speaking?
    YodaIsMyAttachment2: That's no excuse.
    TakenJedi: I ordered Lien back to her candidate. How are you faring with Yoda?
    YodaIsMyAttachment2: We're getting on as famously as ever.
    TakenJedi: I was wondering about your screen name. Are you in love or trying to make me jealous?
    YodaIsMyAttachment2: Trying to keep you in good spirits with a bit of humor. Is it working?
    TakenJedi: Yes.

5. Noelie

Jul 11, 2005
    Jealous Qui is cute :)

I have a temptation to say 'Awwwww', but then you would hate that.

Instead I might go out and see if I can at least drag Araxie in to read it!

6. Araxie

Araxie Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2006
    I actually found the update on my own this time. :)

I Love YodaIsMyAttachment2

That is so great, and then Qui-Gon taking the blaster fire, yikes! That will be something else for Noela's diary!

These two updates were perfect to read together!

7. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    Just found this.
    I am speechless.
    I do understand that much of it is meant to be humorous, and it certainly is.
    But there is so much of every aspect of human emotion in it as well.
    Friendships, teacher-student, parent-child (in a sense, Qui-gon and Noela are Lien's parents ... having raised a daughter now Lien's age, I SO identify..)
    I just keep getting teary as I read.

And, of course, the Attachment ...

"Through the years as the fire starts to mellow
    Burning lines in the book of our lives
    Though the binding cracks and the pages start to yellow"

(lyrics from Dan Fogelberg: "Longer")

8. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Dear Qui-Gon,

I hear you're coming back to me tomorrow. Can you verify that?

Love,
    Noela

Dear Noela,

If my Padawan will stop hugging me to death every time she sees me conscious, I'll make it out of the door and to your Consulate by the appointed hour. Otherwise, you might just have to come visit us. I'm staying with her at the Temple tonight by the Council's request. Possibly the rest of the week as well, since they want me to be well-rested before I resume my full duties. Until then, Yoda will be covering the night shift and they have a Master Adren Schilian helping out with the Chandrilans for Lien. I think they're spoiling us for once.

Sincerely,
    Qui-Gon

Dear Qui-Gon,

In other words, you would have found a way to do just that with or without their blessings and they cut you some proverbial slack.

Love,
    Noela

Dear Noela,

You know me too well. I salute you for your insight and do not deny it.

Sincerely,
    Qui-Gon

Dear Qui-Gon,

I don' think I caught that. Did you just agree with me?

Love,
    Noela

Dear Noela,

It was the drugs talking.

Sincerely,
    Qui-Gon

Dear Qui-Gon,

That only worked when you were actually taking them. How is Lien?

Love,
    Noela

Dear Noela,

Doing better now that I bought her a few new hair clips and did braids. I've noticed she's taken to wearing cosmetics. Is that your fault?

Sincerely,
    Qui-Gon

Dear Qui-Gon,

Possibly. All of those holocams wash her out terribly and between myself and her candidate's wife, we remedied the situation. Besides, the lipstick suits her.

Love,
    Noela

Dear Noela,

She is far too young for that. As soon as the elections are over, it's coming off, whether it suits her or not. I never thought I'd be counting the days until I couldn't see you again, but with your remedies on hand, it's inevitable.

Sincerely,
    Qui-Gon

Dear Qui-Gon,

You do realize that she is considered a legal adult by 93% of the Republic's registered systems, right? And I'd like to see you try and stop her.

Love,
    Noela

Dear Noela,

She may be of age to be an adult, but I'm not letting her grow up that easily.

Sincerely,
    Qui-Gon

Dear Qui-Gon,

I feel as if we have this conversation every other week. Can't we put on an unbroken audiodisc?

Love,
    Noela

Dear Noela,

Fine. New subject. Why are we back to the old-fashioned method of communication when there is a marvelous messaging system at our disposal?

Sincerely,
    Qui-Gon

Dear Qui-Gon,

Call me old-fashioned, but I have always liked the familiarity and formality of these letters. Besides which, I keep wondering who exactly has Taken you, sir.

Love,
    Noela

Dear Noela,

My seventeen-year-old Padawan, if you must know. And, on occasion, my Attachment. Just don't let either of them know, all right?

Sincerely,
    Qui-Gon

Dear Qui-Gon,

I'll see you in the morning for more details.

Love,
    Noela

Dear Noela,

And when shall we revert to the new messaging system?

Sincerely,
    Qui-Gon

Dear Qui-Gon,

For special occasions.

Love,
    Noela

Dear Noela,

Meaning when we are passing notes during your own campaign rallies?

Sincerely,
    Qui-Gon

Dear Qui-Gon,

Precisely.

Love,
    Noela

Dear Noela,

Congratulations on your sudden surge in popularity. I would ask the reason for it, but I think I know why.

Sincerely,
    Qui-Gon

Dear Qui-Gon,

If you're about to take credit for it, forget it.

Love,
    Noela

Dear Noela,

I wasn't going to. Your recent activities were finally noticed by the conscientious citizens of Alderaan. I knew that taking a few days off to improve the refugee camps would be appropriate, even if you thought of it as a vacation.

Sincerely,
    Qui-Gon

Dear Qui-Gon,

I think the fact that I sincerely do think of that sort of thing as a vacation is part of what made me popular recently. Let's hope that it holds.

Love,
    Noela

Dear Noela,

It won't have to hold for much longer. I thought that this part of the campaign process was supposed to drag on f

9. Noelie

Jul 11, 2005
    Dear Noela,

She may be of age to be an adult, but I'm not letting her grow up that easily.

Sincerely,
    Qui-Gon

Dear Qui-Gon,

I feel as if we have this conversation every other week. Can't we put on an unbroken audiodisc?

Love,
    Noela

You know, the subject of makeup goes like this so often between parents in the household, with "dad" kicking and screaming against the fact that the 'little girl' is indeed growing up.

Cute.. and this election is about over. It was darling that Lien wouldn't quit hugging him once he was well.

10. Noelie

Jul 11, 2005
    A shameless bump... :)

11. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    a shamelesser request for more letters

12. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Dear Qui-Gon,

All right, so theoretically, I'm supposed to be sitting here and looking...Senatorial? Isn't there anywhere I can go to Senatorially pace a hole in the floor?

Love,
    Noela

Dear Noela,

I hear the 'freshers on this floor are quite spacious. I think they're mostly objecting to the idea that you want to be hiding near a sink when you find out that you've won.

Sincerely,
    Qui-Gon

Dear Qui-Gon,

Well, I'd rather that than the inevitable million holos of me losing.

Love,
    Noela

Dear Noela,

You're not losing. Alderaanians have more sense than that.

Sincerely,
    Qui-Gon

Dear Qui-Gon,

Funny, that's just what Lien said.

Love,
    Noela

Dear Noela,

I have her well-trained. Well, I've trained her to speak the truth that is. I apparently haven't trained her to check in as requested tonight. She's apparently spoken to everyone, including Master Yoda, except for me. Could you ask her to do so?

Sincerely,
    Qui-Gon

Dear Qui-Gon,

She said that by writing me, she DID check in with you. Does that make sense at all?

Love,
    Noela

Dear Noela,

Sadly, yes. Just threaten to make her wear hair clips for the next month if she doesn't comm me within the next fifteen minutes.

Sincerely,
    Qui-Gon

Dear Qui-Gon,

She says that's a low blow, that the entire campaign team is going to shave their heads if their candidate wins and that she'll comm you in five minutes.

Love,
    Noela

Dear Noela,

Her candidate just won and she has not yet promised me that she was joking about shaving her head. Would you mind if I went over and intervened? They're only three floors down.

Sincerely,
    Qui-Gon

Dear Qui-Gon,

Yes! They're tallying the final counts from the precincts and the electoral votes from the Council of Thanes. We should know in about five minutes and how would it look for my best friend to be absent when I win?

Love,
    Noela

Dear Noela,

Oh, so now you believe you're going to win? What brought you to your senses?

Sincerely,
    Qui-Gon

Dear Qui-Gon,

Your Padawan promised not to shave her head if I won. I'm going to will this to happen.

Love,
    Noela

Dear Noela,

Thank you for putting an old man's mind at rest.

Sincerely,
    Qui-Gon

Dear Qui-Gon,

Honestly, just because we're both going to be thirty this year...

Love,
    Noela

Dear Noela,

It's not so much that as seeing my Padawan hit her eighteenth birthday. Do you realize I'll be nearly forty by the time she's Knighted?

Sincerely,
    Qui-Gon

Dear Qui-Gon,

Hardly. I bet she'll be Knighted early just to get her away from troublemakers like ourselves. Are you trying to distract me?

Love,
    Noela

Dear Noela,

Perhaps. Is it working?

Sincerely,
    Qui-Gon

Dear Qui-Gon,

Shhh. It's unseemly for the only noises in the room to be the announcement of the winner and your clacking keys.

Love,
    Noela

Dear Noela,

Sorry.

Sin

Dear Qui-Gon,

Okay, I'm not sure what hurts more--my jaw muscles from smiling so much or my spine from having it practically snapped by my overenthusiastic Attachment when I won. Can you send over some celebratory corephem while you're at it?

Love,
    Noela

Dear Senator Ovorp,

Sorry about that. I didn't mean to be happy for you. It won't happen again. Have you stopped smiling yet?

Sincerely,
    Qui-Gon

Dear Qui-Gon,

No. I think my mother was right when she told me that if I kept doing it, it would become permanent. I rather like it.

Love,
    Noela

Dear Noela,

Better that than the alternative. Now, it's 0400 and you haven't slept in about, what, three days? You can rest now!

Sincerely,
    Qui-Gon

Dear Qui-Gon,

I think I will. See you when I wake up for Lien's Knighting.

Love,
    Noela

Dear Noela,

Oh, no you don't. Who would I drag on our yearly 'excursion'?

Sincerely,
    Qui-Gon

Dear Qui-Gon,

All right, all right. Sure, use the threat of The Other (hypothetical) Woman to keep me in line. Thanks so much for making me survive this whole mess.

Love,
    Noela

13. Noelie

Jul 11, 2005
    The fun part of that is that they were having this ridiculous, almost teenager like conversation themselves and then would revert to the 'parents' worrying about Lien.

Now the question is, did Qui-Gon pick Noela up much like he did Anakin after he won?

=D= For the update!

14. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
  15. Araxie

Mar 6, 2006
    I loved Noela willing the win, to save a shaved head. Very, Very cute!

16. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Dear Qui-Gon,

What's going on? I haven't heard from you in a week, Yoda's out of the system, your Master hasn't heard from you either and when I even contacted Tahl, she didn't know what was going on. Please comm me.

Love,
    Noela

Dear Noela,

We're at the Senate District Medical Center. Could you come sometime tonight? Lien could use another friendly face.

Sincerely,
    Qui-Gon

Dear Qui-Gon,

I'll be over as soon as I dismiss my staff in two minutes flat. What have you done to our Lien that requires the SDMC? Or was this a by-product of her nineteenth birthday party? I told you that we shouldn't have given her those tickets to the revival concert of Ewok Genocide.

Love,
    Noela

Dear Noela,

Please. Just come. I can't put this in words.

Sincerely,
    Qui-Gon

Dear Qui-Gon,

I have no words for this. You told me to go home and rest and I can't seem to wrap my mind around this. I think I have been mentally speechless since the moment the admitting nurse referred me to the oncology ward.

She will make it through this. They caught it early. She's young. Medicine has never been so advanced. The will of the Force will not let her

I can't believe I've spent all these years writing speeches and I can't write a simple, three-letter word. Maybe if I write it, I will be less afraid of it.

Die

Die

Die

Die die die die die

I hope that wasn't heartlessly blunt, but now that we have brought up the subject, she is not going to die. There is no acceptable alternative.

Love,
    Noela

Dear Noela,

If it were up to me, we would never consider the possibility of her being anything less than immortal, sixteen and still willing to put up with my ridiculous theories on how to raise a female human teenager.

If it were up to me, she would never have heard of the word lymphoma. She would not be consulting with her instructors to have time off for chemotherapy. She would not be studying her hair in the mirror every time she thinks I'm not watching and even when she notices that I am.

They started letting me ask questions, but there are too many to count. I'm trying to take this one step at a time, as will she.

She asked me not to talk to her about six months from now. I don't know if that's for my sake or hers, but I'm not sure any of us can think past those first treatments. She was telling me about how she will be stuck in the Temple and how she hopes she won't miss her yearly evaluations.

Again, I'm wondering if she's saying these things to ignore the fact that she'll be stuck in the Temple because her system will be too weak to fight off xeno-based viruses, or that she'll miss her evaluations because she is undergoing another round of treatments.

I remember reading ancient Alderaanian legends about a parent taking a pain or an illness onto themselves to spare their only child. I wish those things were something more than bedtime stories. The Force can do so much to ease pain, but I am not perfect in the Force. For the first time, I honestly wonder if I should have been more obedient over the years.

Will you be coming over tonight?

Sincerely,
    Qui-Gon

Dear Qui-Gon,

I will. Next week, I'll be on Alderaan, but I'm not leaving until we've seen her through the first treatment.

Love,
    Noela

Dear Noela,

Thank you for the we. I keep expecting one of the Council members to veto your ability to visit, but it seems that they are recognizing that you will probably not let that stop you.

Sincerely,
    Qui-Gon

Dear Qui-Gon,

Taia herself couldn't stop me right now. Did I tell you about the hairclip conversation last night?

Love,
    Noela

Dear Noela,

No, you did not. What conversation was this?

Sincerely,
    Qui-Gon

Dear Qui-Gon,

We were packing for her treatment this morning and she found her stash of hairclips. She set them aside until she was packed, and then went to put them back in her top drawer. She then turned to me and asked what I thought she should do with them. I told her to wear them as always, just to hu

17. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
  18. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Thanks, ratna. :) At least, I hope that warranted a thanks.
    Dear Qui-Gon,

It's my first day, well, official day, in office and I'm already counting the hours until I can get out of here. That has half to do with how utterly boring the Chancellor's speech is and half to do with wanting to come visit the both of you. She sent me a holo yesterday that we had taken after the elections. It was, of course, rather adorable. What do you want for your birthday next week?

Love,
    Noela

Dear Noela,

Could I start with a healthy Padawan?

Sincerely,
    Qui-Gon

Dear Qui-Gon,

I'll get right on it. When's her next treatment?

Love,
    Noela

Dear Noela,

Not until after my birthday. She's taking advantage of the small amount of energy she has to try and be devious about my birthday.

Sincerely,
    Qui-Gon

Dear Qui-Gon,

Indulge her. It's her last chance to handle your birthday like a teenager. Besides, it's the one thing she's had all month to look forward to.

Love,
    Noela

Dear Noela,

She claims that I need a cheering up and so she's going to go 'all out.' Is this the Jedi equivalent of 'all out' or are you involved?

Sincerely,
    Qui-Gon

Dear Qui-Gon,

Now, that would be cheating. I'll just say, yes, I helped some. She was looking better when I last talked to her. You've been taking good care of her.

Love,
    Noela

Dear Noela,

Just wait until you see what I'm going to do in her honor for my birthday. Master Yoda will be quite pleased.

Sincerely,
    Qui-Gon

Dear Qui-Gon,

Frankly, my dear, I momentarily thought you were that ghastly Mace Windu. After all, he's the only one whose head I can usually use as a reflecting surface. Master Yoda certainly was quite pleased, though I couldn't tell if Lien was crying because she was laughing so hard or laughing so hard in spite of crying. I don't think she ever expected you to shave your head to have 'matching' hairstyles.

Love,
    Noela

Dear Noela,

What can I say? I think she looks beautiful in all her bald, brave glory or maybe I'm just sentimental. I'm wagering on the former.

Sincerely,
    Qui-Gon

Dear Qui-Gon,

I agree with you and if I hadn't promised to make good use of those hairclips, I might be tempted to join the both of you. I hope you enjoyed yourself last night.

Love,
    Noela

Dear Noela,

Of course I did. I had good friends there, my Padawan was feeling well enough to enjoy the bit of madness that she orchestrated and no one even mentioned the word cancer. I hate that tomorrow won't be as easy. It takes longer each time for her to recuperate and it's so hard on her. She's bearing up well under it, at least, which is probably more than I would have managed. You remember how I was with the Kukretan Fever. I'm not sure I could be as brave as Lien.

Sincerely,
    Qui-Gon

Dear Qui-Gon,

You know quite well that you're being just as brave now. There are too many kinds of bravery to exclude you from all of them at any point.

Love,
    Noela

Dear Noela,

Please comm me. I wasn't feeling well this morning, so I stopped in at the medics' to get it under control. Instead, I'm on orders to stay out of my apartment until I'm no longer contagious. Lien's still at the SDMC and Yoda's taking a shift with her today, but I don't know what they'll do with her for ten days. Is there any way you could argue that the SDMC is much closer to the Alderaanian Consulate than the Temple?

Sincerely,
    Qui-Gon

Dear Qui-Gon,

I've got her settled into my own suite. I knew it was a good idea to reserve one with an extra bedroom. Lien will be well taken care of until you're over that blasted infection. She's still sleeping when she's not vomiting, but if she feels up to it tonight, I'll tell her some horror stories about you. Those seem to cheer her up.

Love,
    Noela

Dear Noela,

I hope you do. As long as you warn me what material you've given her for blackmail.

Sincerely,
    Qui-Gon

Dear Qui-Gon,

Now that would take the fun out of the blackmail itself. How many more

19. Noelie

Jul 11, 2005
    Lien being ill is very hard.

On the other hand, Noela and Qui-Gon seem to be keeping their friendship solid.

20. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    sigh

@};- i am so glad that you are posting again

@};- this story stays close to the heart

@};-love the way Noela and Qui-Gon are being there for Lien and each other

Attachment is not a dirty word.

21. Araxie

Mar 6, 2006
    The long and short of that all is that I have decided to wear one of those clips somewhere in my hair every day until she is in remission. Every time you two see one of those goshawful things holding back my hair, you'll remember how many people want to fight this cancer back for her. I hope that helps the both of you.

When I first read that I thought it was Qui-Gon that was going to wear the clips in his hair. [face_laugh] I thought how sweet! Still it is just as wonderful for Noela to do it.

This is so sad and so touching at the same time.

22. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    This will be the last post for a while. I need a break from this for some personal reasons. I hope you enjoy this and I'll let y'all know when it's updated again. It may be weeks, it may be months. Thanks so much for reading.
    Dear Noela,

Well, the day is finally here and as soon as she's feeling up to it, you're welcome to come over to celebrate the end of the treatments. Of course I hope they will make some kind of a difference, but we'll have to wait and see.

Sincerely,
    Qui-Gon

Dear Qui-Gon,

Fine, we'll wait and see, but the point is, she's done with chemotherapy. I'm not going to think about 'next time' because, with any luck, there won't be the next time.

Love,
    Noela

Dear Noela,

You're a bad influence on me. Jedi aren't supposed to believe in luck and instead, I'm siding with you. Ah, well, she's tucked into bed at last and I'm on hand with all the proper supplies. I'll let you know when she's ready for visitors.

Sincerely.
    Qui-Gon

Dear Qui-Gon,

What's this about a mission? She finished treatments a week ago, was on her feet again three days later and they're trying to make her keel over from exhaustion already?

Love,
    Noela

Dear Noela,

No, it's one of the 'vacations' that I rather enjoy. The Chandrilan governor asked the Council to send two Jedi to help organize some humanitarian efforts. Mostly, we'll be either sitting around in conferences or out doing good. Lien's determined to not enjoy it 'unduly.' I think I should have never introduced her to my old Master. Don't worry. We'll be home in time for our dates. I have a sneaking suspicion that I know who her 'assignment' will be.

Sincerely,
    Qui-Gon

Dear Qui-Gon,

Enjoy yourselves, then. Enjoy yourselves unduly and Sith take your grouchy old Master for having no sense of humor. Is her suspected 'assignment' that young man we met at the medcenter?

Love,
    Noela

Dear Noela,

Indeed. He seems to be the son of an influential financier on Raltiir, so it wouldn't be out of the question for him to be considered. We leave in a few minutes for Chandrila. I hope you take care of yourself until we return.

Sincerely,
    Qui-Gon

Dear Qui-Gon,

I'll try. See you at the event.

Love,
    Noela

23. C1-J2

C1-J2 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2007
    I've been watching this one for awhile and just noticed that I failed to reply. [face_blush]

This is a really cool idea for a story and I love the banter between Noela and Qui-Gon! I'm glad to see that Lien is apparently going to be just fine. :)

Thanks for a great read!

Best of luck to you!

C1

24. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    nice place to leave off.

Enjoy your break UNDULY! u dzerv it:p

25. nickenobi-nz

nickenobi-nz Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 14, 2005
    Lovely place to pause @};-