main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Luke and the Jedi Order - is it credible to think...

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by star wars geek, Aug 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. star wars geek

star wars geek Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 20, 2014
    If this post should be put in another thread, Mr Admin, please put it there. Thanks.

Given the alleged plot claims by Making Star Wars...

It is credible to think no-one from the Empire (some renegade group that does not recognize the rise of The First Order), The First Order itself, the underworld, or other groups, would't have tried to take out Luke Skywalker. If he is the last Jedi alive - rumored to be established fact at the start of TFA - you could assert the view he would be a prize target for every criminal in the galaxy. And given the long time period between episodes 6 and 7 - over thirty years - is it credible to believe no-one has tried to capture or kill Luke?

From my understanding of the rumored plot, Luke is going to be a recluse, fearful of his increased Jedi powers. I don't know how much of the 30 years backstory wil be mentioned but given how Han Solo was hunted down and captured by Jabba the Hutt, it would seem highly likely Luke has battled many enemies trying to capture or kill him - be it for reward money or the glory of taking out the last Jedi.

I don't get any sense this sort of backstory will be mentioned in TFA. I'm not sure how credible it is for Abrams/Kasdan to give us a Luke living a solitary life with little or no consequences. If TFA doesn't have a subplot about TFA trying to apprehend Luke for his crimes, it would be nice if Luke had some dialogue where he says to Rey and Finn:

"Many enemies have tried to kill me after the fall of the Empire. But I'm still here!"

It would be nice to know Luke battled The First Order or underworlders to stay alive, to preserve his Jedi status. I don't have any sense such a sentiment will be mentioned in TFA and I wonder if this isn't a credible approach amd lessens overall continuity between episode 6 and 7.

arjank likes this.
  2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    This is a discussion happening in the Luke thread and the Jedi Order thread. Take your pick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.