main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mandolorian Helmets

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by DarthCemeroX, Jun 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthCemeroX

DarthCemeroX Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2007
    So I'm looking for a place to buy a jango fett helmet to prime over and repaint for a custom Mandolorian costume... Problem is, I know rubies' helmets are essentially crap and in my searching the only results I get are rubies, and crappy halloween costume ones.

Prices wise, nothing about 150 for now, since I need to save money for pvc fabric and other supplies.
    So does anybody know where I can get a good Jango Fett helmet to use.

2. TaunTaunHerder

TaunTaunHerder Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 26, 2007
  3. AramysStrael

AramysStrael Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2004
    You want a Jango 2-piece Helmet. You can find them anywhere, really. They typically go for about $35 dollars, plus the shipping. A simple google search will yield a lot of hits for it.

Here is the link to the one that I got ($32.99):
    http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=RU4116

I just picked one up for $41 (shipping included) from Entertainment Earth (I think that was the company), and I have to say that I am enjoying this build - rebuilding a new helmet for a buddy of mine.

I am in the process of taking a lot of pics so that I can write up a good tutorial for the build. If this is the route you are going, and you need any tips, shoot me a PM and I will give you some tips.

In the meantime, here is a really good tutorial for the 2-piece, on the Mandalorian Mercs website:
    http://mercs.firespray.net/forum/index.php?topic=24080.0

Although, I would use small sintra shims to reinforce the helmet, but that is just me. When I get to that stage, I will take pics and put up a tutorial for what I mean.

- Bill

4. DarthCemeroX

DarthCemeroX Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2007
    My only real concern is size. Because I've heard both good and bad things about the rubie's helmets.
    How well do they fit average sized heads.

5. AramysStrael

AramysStrael Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2004
    I wear a hat size of 7-1/4... or 7-3/8. I can't remember which, but the Jango 2-piece that I am working on for my buddy fits my head just fine. Of course I am 5'10" and 250 lbs, so the helmet looks proportionate to the rest of my body size.

I don't know if that helps you, any.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.