main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Many Partings. Leia and Han Viggie. Author I.R's up.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Mirax-Jade, Jan 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mirax-Jade

Mirax-Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2003
    Title: Many Partings

Characters: Han and Leia

Summary: Leia needs to say goodbye to those who have died. Han helps her in an interesting way.

Rating: PG

Genre: General really...maybe it's a bit underlying romance. It's sad. To me. At least.

If not to you...pretend. :p

And...er...OMG!COVERART! Woot.

CoverArt

This was for the Inspiration: Lord of the Rings Chapter Titles challenge at Fic_Inspiration

We had to use a Lord of the Rings chapter title, and I got "Many Partings"...so here is my Many Partings fic. :)

And Reviews are like CANDAH!

Anyway. Here we go.

Many Partings

Leia Organa shivered in the cold of space. She wrapped the blanket around her tighter, but she figured the cold was actually coming from somewhere inside, not the space she blamed.

She looked down and scuffed the ground with her shoe. Han and Luke had made sure she was comfortable before rushing off to send the ship into hyperspace. They didn?t stick around long, and Leia didn?t blame them, if she were them, she wouldn?t know what to do with a blubbering princess either.

Not that Leia was blubbering. She would never show emotion unless she absolutely had to. She had to hold it together.

For the Rebellion.

For the organization her father loved so much.

For the people who inevitably were the reason her father died. They wouldn?t let him off Alderaan. ?Too suspicious? they said.

Leia shook her head. It didn?t do any good for her to blame anyone. Anyone except the Empire that is.

Han appeared in the doorway. ?Hey Princess. You okay??

Leia?s head snapped up startled. She hadn?t expected anyone to come and check on her for a while. ?Yeah. I?m fine.?

It was a knee-jerk explanation and Han knew it. He grimaced at her, and moved forward. ?Come on Princess. It doesn?t hurt to talk.?

It startled Leia the sincerity radiating from him. He was a smuggler, the guy who was rescuing her ?for the money, sweetheart.? She looked him in the eye. ?It?s hard.?

Han nodded. ?I bet.? He sat on the floor in front of her. ?Cold, Princess??

Leia shook her head, but Han immediately knew she was lying as a shiver coursed through her. He smiled knowingly and stood up and went to a closet where he pulled out another blanket. He wrapped it around her shoulder?s and sat back down.

?You know?when I was younger, I lost a lot of friends. My?caretaker you could say, used to help me get through it by burning pieces of paper. She had a book of paper, very valuable, you know.?

Leia nodded. It was almost impossible to get paper nowadays. Han continued.

?We?d cut little figures out of this precious paper, then burn it, making ashes. Then we?d throw the ashes out of an airlock. Sounds silly now, but used to help somehow?just made it easier to understand that they were dead.

Leia smiled softly. ?It?s not silly. I used to do that when a pet would die. And say sad, depressing eulogies.?

Han grinned up at her, and then leapt up. He went to the closet again, and rummaged there for a moment, coming back out, grinning triumphantly at the package of paper and ancient pair of scissors he found.

?Before she died, my caretaker gave me these. She knew how important our paper-burning was to me.? Han smiled wistfully, thinking of Dewlanna.

Han carefully cut out the shape of a person, and pulled a lighter out and set it on fire. They watched it burn to ashes.

Leia took the paper and scissors from him. The alternated cutting, and spent at least an hour on cutting each person out.

Han handed her the first one and the lighter. ?Say goodbye.?

Leia took it, and flicked on the lighter. ?Goodbye Father. I miss you.? Leia blinked tears back and set the paper on fire.

She said goodbye to her aunts, her childhood friends, the servants she knew and adored, her adoptive mother, even her enemies. Her teachers, her in

2. AnakinsHeir

AnakinsHeir Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2004
    Nice work! :D

3. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Awwwww that was sad.... but very well done -- nice Han/Leia moment :)

4. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    Very sweet and sad. :) :(

5. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    beautiful imagery. I really liked the insight to Han's past and Leia's emotions. The cover art is fantastic as well.

6. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Well, you had me bawling like a baby. This was beautiful, so sad and so emotional. A wonderful, tender moment between Han and Leia that showed the more vulnerable side of both characters, and I loved the quote at the end. Very fitting!

Loved the cover art as well.

7. Mirax-Jade

Mar 7, 2003
    AnakinsHeir: Nice Work!

Thanks! :D

Layren: Awwwww that was sad.... but very well done -- nice Han/Leia moment

Yay! Someone thinks it's sad. That's what I was trying for...but didn't think I had it...but according to these comments, guess I did pretty good. :D Thanks for the review!

GreatOne: Very sweet and sad.

I'm glad you thought it was both. :) Some slight happiness in there.

Hananiah: beautiful imagery.

Thanks! I love trying to make it seen in your mind's eye. I'm glad it worked for you! :D

I really liked the insight to Han's past and Leia's emotions.

Thank you. I like to think that for all of Han's horrid past, he had some good times too. And Leia of course is brimming with unseen emotions...it's so fun to toy with the ones that make her sad. :p

The cover art is fantastic as well.

Thank you!! Took me forever. ::Facepalm:: Because I'm a stupid PSPer.

Gina: Well, you had me bawling like a baby. This was beautiful, so sad and so emotional.

Thank you! And mwahaha I made someone bawl. :p

A wonderful, tender moment between Han and Leia that showed the more vulnerable side of both characters, and I loved the quote at the end. Very fitting!

I love the vulernable sides of people. :) And I'm glad someone else liked the quote.

Loved the cover art as well.

Thank you! :D

8. KnightedRogue

KnightedRogue Jedi Master star 3

Aug 11, 2004
    Beautifully done! Very unique idea, to me at least, and fantastic connection to the challenge/inspiration/thingie. Wonderful!

*KR*

9. Mirax-Jade

Mar 7, 2003
    KnightedRogue:

Thank you! I have no idea what made me think "hmmm burning little paper people will help them get over the deaths..." I guess I just wanted to symbolise something.

And it worked. :p

Thank you for reading!! :D

10. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    That was wonderful! :D You certainly write Han and Leia very well!

11. starwarsfan68

starwarsfan68 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2003
    Sad, but a great way to say a tearful good-bye!

12. misskenobiwan

misskenobiwan Jedi Youngling

Oct 8, 2004
    That was lovely. :)

13. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Awww! Han is such a sweetie inside, isn't he? He gets to the heart of the matter and always seems to be there to help Leia out. That's how I see him, anyway.

Great Viggie! Really "in the moment."

14. __Sunrider__

__Sunrider__ Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 23, 2003
    that was sad but very well done =D=

15. cleveland1000

cleveland1000 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 15, 2004
    very nicly done

16. princess_meg

princess_meg Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 22, 2004
    That was very sweet and sad. I loved the H/L interaction.

17. Laura_Anu

Laura_Anu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    Oh, I never even thought about paper being rare for them! Although this was terribly sad, I must say that Han is awful sweet. I need to find me a man like Han...

18. Mirax-Jade

Mar 7, 2003
    VaderLVR64: Thank you! You have no idea how happy that makes me. :D

starwarsfan68: Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it! :)

misskenobiwan: Thank you!

dm1: Oh thank you so much! Han is a sweetie. ::snuggles Han::

Hmmm...I should slow down when I type, I just typed "Han is a sweatie." Hmm... :p

__Sunrider__: Thank you! Wow. Even clapping! ::bows::

cleveland1000: Thank you!

princess_meg: Thank you for reading! I'm glad you enjoyed! :D

Laura_Anu: Thank you! I want a man like Han too!! :p. Actually, don't we all? :D

19. Mirax-Jade

Mar 7, 2003
    ::kicks up::

Because I'm pathetic. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.