main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Marvel (2015+) Comic Chronology

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Whaleyland, Nov 14, 2015.

1. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    Is there a link on Wookkiepedia that has this information on an ongoing basis?

2. Whaleyland

Whaleyland Jedi Master

Jul 23, 2009
    There doesn't appear to be, although Wookiepedia is somewhat locked right now with more established editors attempting to play catch-up with all the Canon material, it seems. They don't really have a good reporting of the new comics except listing the issues. Release dates are regularly wrong, there is only one page that acts as a switchboard for all the comics (which includes the pre-1992 comics with the newer ones), and there's nothing about chronology in there. Each series is pretty much treated separately, from what I've seen, although I could be wrong. The site has been seeing a lot of changes recently. Regardless, there's certainly no timeline as detailed as on this thread.

Maythe14thBeWithYou likes this.
  3. vstarvan

vstarvan Jedi Master star 2

Aug 11, 2013
    I got the impression that the Star Wars Annual is much closer to ANH than the ongoing series, but really it can be anywhere. I've been hearing that the Vader Annual is a springboard for the next arc, so we'll likely see where that goes after Vader Down concludes.

4. vstarvan

Aug 11, 2013
    Since some of you guys were interested in an updated calendar here it is:[​IMG]

Gorefiend likes this.
  5. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Last time I saw something like that was when I did my two weeks practical in the insane asylum before being able to switch to the much more pleasant place of working in drug rehab.;)

vstarvan likes this.
  6. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    During the latest issue of Star Wars, Chewie is off doing something else. If he doesn't show up in the arc, perhaps it might be intended that this is where his miniseries takes place.

spicer and vstarvan like this.
  7. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015

Very possible. Most of the fan made timelines I have seen have it taking place before these comic series even start but that is definitely open for debate. Anything that happens within the same year we could probably weave around as we personally see fit.

8. Whaleyland

Whaleyland Jedi Master

Jul 23, 2009
    Any new update? Now that they've announced the ending of Darth Vader, we can come close to completing this chronology. They also appear to have confirmed the placement of Darth Vader Annual 1. It takes place right after Shadows and Secrets arc (DV12) and right before Vader Down.

9. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    im kinda been interested where the Lando Chewbacca and Han Solo series took place on the timeline as well. I mean the permanent one we can be sure of is that Princess Leia took place right after ANH

10. vstarvan

Aug 11, 2013
    Is there a source for the placement of the Vader Annual? I'd like to be sure it's confirmed before moving anything around.

As for the calendar, I was waiting for the next few issues of Vader and Star Wars to update the comic part of it. I want to see how things play out with Aphra to better understand how everything fits together. If you're ever curious on its progress, I've opened up the Google Sheets file for anyone to view and comment on.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-yi4vYekyhTTs-vLIJKsRzwYw9SY0M2dvrPbN-NF3Es/edit?usp=sharing

Of the bottom four tabs, click on "0 BBY/ABY", and scroll down to weeks 9-13, and you should be able to see the latest progress at any time:)

11. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    I remember they said the Darth Vader Annual would take place during Shadows and Secrets, not after. Vader had to go on official missions in Darth Vader #7 and #8, and Jordan D. White or Gillen said that the Shu-Torun mission happened during that time. My current guess is that it takes place during #7. On the last pages of that issue, Aphra summons the bounty hunters and there is no sign of the murderbots - possibly because they were with Vader on Shu-Torun.

vstarvan likes this.
  12. vstarvan

Aug 11, 2013

I agree completely- the droids not being with Aphra is why I've placed the annual concurrently with Vader #007. That's where it has been since it's release, but I've color coded it orange in case that's not official placement.

Darth_Voider likes this.
  13. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    I kind of wish the Han Solo story would be the one that's concurrent with Heir to the Jedi so we can get that one out of the way. But if it's not, then hey, still good :)

14. Whaleyland

Whaleyland Jedi Master

Jul 23, 2009
    Any updates with Darth Vader heading towards its wrap-up and Han Solo just starting? I feel Han Solo may take place immediately after Princess Leia and concurrent with Heir to the Jedi, but with only one comic out so far, it's hard to tell. Also, it seems like the Star Wars Annual is still open for debate regarding its placement. Same with Chewbacca.

I'm putting all the Obi-Wan stories together with the first taking place right after the Boba Fett fight. I know some will want to place those chronologically, but the bookend after the first Obi-Wan comic sticks them solidly together in this chronology with Luke simply reading the stories all. So far, there are only two Obi-Wan stories with the second being a two-parter and Luke says at the end of the first that he has time for another story, hence the second (two-parter).

15. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    Jordan D. White made a suggestion about the timeline placement of these minis. He said that, until the exact placement is officially announced, he would assume that Chewbacca takes place between Showdown on the Smugglers Moon and Vader Down, while Han Solo takes place between Rebel Jail and The Last Flight of Harbinger.

Gesendet von meinem GT-P3110 mit Tapatalk

16. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    It seems odd that the Chewbacca mini wouldn't take place during Rebel jail since Chewie ain't anywhere in it and Han was stuck herding nerfs with Luke.

17. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015

I know and that is why it is still open to interpretation. If you feel like it fits better there you can put it there even if TPTB say it belongs somewhere else. It's not like it is a huge deal anyways. My feeling is as long as we get it in the correct year there is a lot of wiggle room to stuff that isn't explicity mentioned when it takes place.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  18. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I kinda feel like there's a more obvious break between #10 & #11, or rougly overlapping there. Not sure we'll ever get a precise placement.

Darth_Voider likes this.