main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

mas amedda: in on it all along?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Darthdias, Jun 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darthdias

Darthdias Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 12, 2004
    Did Amedda know about Palpatine's master plan? I'd like to think that he does and that Amedda was actually an important part of Palps plans in TPM. At this time he was Vice Chancellor to Valorum.

Now once palps is nominated it was not hard to be elected because of sympathy for the Naboo crisis. But he needed to be nominated first and having thousands of senators to chose from, it couldn't be certain that Palpatine would be picked. This is where I think Mas comes into the picture. Once Valorum was voted out, Mas would temporarily take his place and probably have an important part of deciding who should be nominated.

And in AotC he is the one to mention that emergency powers should be given to the Chancellor. So I think he and Palpatine were in on it together, only Mas never realized that his place as head of the goverment and second in command would eventually be given to Sate Pestage. But even thou he was played by Palpatine I don't think he's innocent, he too wanted power and wealth.

what do you think?

2. The-D

The-D Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2005
    Sounds good to me, Bravo.

3. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    I definately think Mas Amedda was working for Palpatine all along. At least since we saw him in TPM.

4. YoungAngus

YoungAngus Jedi Master star 5

May 7, 2005
    Yea you could tell becuase in ATOC when him and palps maniputlate JAr JAr into thinking padme wants an army.

wonder what happend to him between ep 3 and 4.

5. kingthlayer

kingthlayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 7, 2003
    Hopefully he was backstabbed by Palpatine or taken out by the Rebels. Perhaps he will be in the TV series.

6. Lord_Maul_the_Sith

Lord_Maul_the_Sith Jedi Youngling star 3

May 31, 2005
    I was wondering why Amedda was so close to him in the prequels and is not seen at all in the originals. In fact, I see in ROTS his entourage is primarily alien, whereas in ROTJ we see his entourage is all human (and almost as ugly as he is, I might add). I know that Palpatine is xenophobic, but why would he put up with all those species constantly around him all the time during the prequels?

My theory? Jar Jar left a bad taste in his mouth regarding nonhumans. And frankly I don't blame him all that much.

7. Mr Bungle

Mr Bungle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 1999
  8. Darthdias

Darthdias Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 12, 2004
    I think they were taken care of, so to speak. It's kina funny they though they were advancing their powers not realizing that Palpatine was gonna get rid of them eventually. That just adds to the long list of people who wanted power withou knowing that Palpatine/Sidious was gonna dispose of them once their services were no longer required. The ones I've seen so far are Count Dooku, Mas Amedda, Sly Moore, Nute Gunray, General Grievious, and the rest of the seperatist council.

9. Grilled-Sarlacc

Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 19, 2001
    I definitely think Mas was aware of everything Palps was up to. "If only... senator Amidala was here...", giving a nod to Palps.

"We can only hope Obi-Wan has remained loyal to the Chancellor." - Anakin

It may be that anyone who remains loyal to Palps is allowed to live. At least those not used as pawns which later needed to be removed for security and cover. (Gunray, Dooku, etc).

I guess Sly Moore was also in on it and allowed to remain.

I guess Mas and Sly simply die natural deaths over the next 20 years. In ROTJ we see Palps still retains a small entourage of loyalists at his side, even then.

10. kingthlayer

kingthlayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 7, 2003
    He may have been out of a job once the Senate was dissolved.

11. darthmohican

darthmohican Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    i was hoping in ep 3 that Anakin would get jealous of him and chop his big'ole head off....that guy annoys me..erg

12. darthmohican

darthmohican Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    i was hopin Anakin would kill this dude because he has a big'ole head and seems overconfident to me..KIL MAS AMEDDA!!!!!

13. Ki-Adi-Mundi_fan

Ki-Adi-Mundi_fan Jedi Master star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    Amedda was part of it the whole time. Sly Moore was also, and I think Moore was telepathic. Correct me if I'm wrong.

If the two were not supporting Palpy, and suspected something, Palpy would have killed them.

14. severian28

severian28 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 1, 2004
    I think he's just a weak minded fool as is the rest of Palps' entourage.

15. Death-Vader

Death-Vader Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2002
    I believe the ROTS visual dictionary says Mas and Sly knew Palps' plan all along, if I'm not mistaken.

16. Go-Mer-Tonic

Go-Mer-Tonic Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 22, 1999
    No, you are not mistaken. That's what's in the visual dictionary about this.

17. Cereal_Killa

Cereal_Killa Jedi Youngling

Mar 4, 2005
    Now this screams plot hole. Remember in TPM when Qui-gon said this?

QUI-GON: No... I sense an unusual amount of fear for something as trivial as this trade dispute.

So Qui-gon had never even met Nute, Rune or Dofine yet he could sense that they were emitting fear. Now I still think that being close to Palpatine and the Jedi should be able to sense him. Now it is one thing not to sense a Sith Lord right in front of them for 13 years. However for some regular dude (that has no force powers) the Jedi should just like the Neimodians whom they have never even met they should be able to sense something off of Mas Amedda.

So this is a screaming plot hole.

18. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    I agree that Mas was in on everything. One thing that really gave him away was this:

Valorum: "The point!"

Mas: "Excuse me Supreme Chancellor. (whispers something to him)

Valorum: The point is conceded (sp?). Will you defer a motion to send a commission to investigate these claims?"

Valorum was about to side with Padme I think,until Mas stepped in and made him seem weak.

P.S-Cloak of Deption also goes into this a little bit. It hints in there that Mas is with Palpatine. :)

19. hawk

hawk Jedi Knight star 5

May 3, 2000
    Funny how he just dissapears from the saga all together since he was in on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.