main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Metroid prime.....

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Macewindu77815, Dec 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Macewindu77815

Macewindu77815 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2002
    I know there is already a thread about this game somewheres but I just wanted to say how addicting this game is...I have just recovered all the artifacts and faced Meta Ridley once...but the game is so awesome...even the little details(which make games great) are perfect.

I just want to give this game its place on the first page.

2. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Rabid_Balding_Ewok Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2000
    I bought into the hype on this game. Overall I found it to be rather mediocre. I played up untill the snow level and then just got fed up with it. It's been collecting dust on my shelf since January. It was just a tedious slow placed ordeal. Granted the game does have it's upside, like the grappeling hook and rolling around as a ball. But the controls, respawning monsters and backtracking through areas killed the fun for me. The overall gameplay experaince was not very challenging at all. And I'm not going to suffer through the game just so I can unlock the hard mode.

-----signature-----
    "Rabid Balding Ewok, you make me sick.
    If there was an enemies list, you'd be on mine."
    [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh]

:::*::(^^) :(^^) :::::::
    ::::::/::::^^:::::\ ::*::
    :::::/###-^^-##I :::::
    : *:.l##/(*)# (*)\\:::::
    :::/##(###.00#)#I ::::
    ::(___/#*#(XXX)/__) ::
    ::/000{{{{www}}}}\:: Ewoks Will Eat You!

3. Whizkid

Whizkid Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2003

I really enjoyed Metroid Prime. I loved the graphics (imo the best graphics on the GCN) and the cool bosses. However, I did not like to fight the same respawning monsters over and over again.

4. Z-95

Z-95 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 24, 2000
    i got back into this game almost a month ago. i still not have beaten it. i do find it slow somewhat but i like it. the respawning pirates are a hassle.

5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Great game, though I got stuck in the Phazon Mines (shockingly, I apparently didn't have enough energy tanks, despite my scouring the other levels for them), and I haven't gotten around to finsihing it since hen...my time was apparently bad (again, a shock to me, as I'm usually pretty good at getting the best time for a Metroid game), so I might start over eventually...but I'll probably try to forge ahead first.

6. obi_wan_kanathan

obi_wan_kanathan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2001
    I loved it. There really wasn't anything that I didn't like, and plenty of things that I thought were great. And all the little details put in the game were pretty cool.

I didn't see anything wrong with the backtracking, but I'm used to the old Metroid games, so maybe that's why. ;)

7. Macewindu77815

May 13, 2002
    If you need help on finding stuff just go to codes.ign.com...then go to metroid...then go to game faqs and they have all the info on artifacts, missle expansions, and such. :)

8. Antilles2001

Antilles2001 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 20, 2001
    It doesn't matter how fast you complete the game. You are only rewarded if you have a high percent. I finished the game with 89%.

9. ForceMaster101

ForceMaster101 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 30, 2003
    This game has been on my shelf unplayed since June.

Money doesn't grow on trees, it grows on my trees ;)

10. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    If it came out on the PC I'd get it. But I'm not buying a $2-350 GC console, plus another hundred for the game when I already have a comp and Jedi Outcast saber fights!

11. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    Rabid_Balding_Ewok it's the opposite with me. I wasn't really looking forward to playing it but after a while I really start to enjoy this game and I've finished it three times. (it took me 19 hours for the first time)

Although I admit this game isn't for everyone, but it does deserve it's third position on gamerankings.com overall best game (or fourth if you go by average of all sites).

12. Macewindu77815

May 13, 2002
    Uh GC costs 1oo$ and the game is now 30$ so you would be paying around 150$ for the system game and memory card.....

13. JONJEDI

JONJEDI Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 11, 2002
    I love Metroid Prime! I have never played a Metroid game before and it was perfect, a cracking FPS, stunning graphics and perfect bosses. I love it. It's my favourite GC game. :D

14. Macewindu77815

May 13, 2002
    I almost beat the last boss(Metroid Prime)but I died...next time it dies!!! :p

15. son_of_the_tear

son_of_the_tear Jedi Master star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    That's what Metroid has always been.

It's not a shooter. It's an exploration/adventure game.

Backtracking and respawning enemies are what makes Metroid.... Metroid.

Always has been.

16. Antilles2001

Oct 20, 2001
    Omega Pirate was a major pain. But it was really satisfying to fire that one last Super Missile to take him out.

That, and it was hilarious to watch his corpse fall on Samus. [face_laugh]

17. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    Oh, the prices I quoted were Aust prices.

18. obi_wan_kanathan

obi_wan_kanathan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2001
    Omega Pirate was strangly easy for me when I first fought him. I beat him without dieing once.

However, it was a different story when I fought him on hard. I was about ready to throw the Gamecube out of a window trying to beat him.

19. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    ::as Omega Pirate closes in on Samus, a hurled GCN console falls from above and clonks him on the head::

::Samus looks around, confused, as the Omega Pirate collpases::

Samus: "I wonder why *I* don't have that weapon upgrade..."

20. Macewindu77815

May 13, 2002
    LOL! [face_laugh]

Omega pirate, easy!....took me the most tries out of any to beat him....

21. Antilles2001

Oct 20, 2001
    I gotta say, fighting a floating pile o' rocks was pretty fun.

22. TIE1138

TIE1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2002
    I just started playing the game in hard mode again. Def one of my fav games.

23. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    I am stuck. I really love that game though.

24. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    I was wondering how many of you have actually beaten the game without using the hint system on their first time?

I didn't but it took me a whopping 19 hours to beat the game ;)

25. TIE1138

TIE1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2002
    I had the hint system on my first time around until the I got down to Tallon. That's about the time I figured out how to turn it off.

Now, my first time around [hardmode], I just leave the hint system on since I've done it all before. It's more of a reminder system now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.