main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gd Rapids, MI MI-Grand Rapids - Griffins Hockey - March 31st

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by TX0338, Feb 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaareth

Jaareth Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2004
    D-man how much are the tickets then, as ill need to get both my mom and brother tickets...or at least admission.

2. Count_Scoobith

Count_Scoobith Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 11, 2004
    It depends on where you want to set. ;)

Check them out here .... $25 down to $5
    http://www.griffinshockey.com/ticketsschedule/singlegame/

12 days !!! [face_dancing]

3. Jaareth

Jaareth Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2004
    Can you pay at door?

4. Count_Scoobith

Feb 11, 2004
    You should be able to, you'll just have to stand in line. I bet with us being there we could get them before anybody else could.
    You should be able call and have them hold some tickets for you. ;)

Edit:

From that link...

"Once they go on sale in late September, tickets for all 2006-07 Grand Rapids Griffins regular season games at Van Andel Arena may also be purchased:
    in person at Star Tickets Plus outlets, West Michigan Meijer locations and at The ZONE store on the west side of Van Andel Arena;
    or by phone through Star Tickets Plus at (616) 222-4000 or (800) 585-3737."

5. TX0338

TX0338 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 18, 2005
    You should also be able to go to the Arena on an off day and buy tickets. Scott, if you are for sure bringing your mom and brother make sure to get them seats. I don't think that the helpers/costumers will actually have seats in the arena.

6. jabba974

jabba974 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 17, 2004
    Do you know what time we should be there?

7. StarscreamPrime

StarscreamPrime Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2006
    As the date nears, I also ponder this question, as well.

8. stiger1

stiger1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 6, 2007
    I believe 10am on Saturday for set up. If you can't make that, 3pm for meeting and lunch. I hope this is right but will wait for confirmation from TX0338.

9. Count_Scoobith

Feb 11, 2004
    I was thinking the same thing. I'll should be there about 11am if that's ok.
    I also was thinking about picking up some ink for the printer to help out some with that. ;)
    TX0338, is there a good place to pick up some HP Vivera 02 ink?

Edit:
    Just noticed on the Griffin's home page, it has Star Wars night march 31st up! :cool: Jiri Fischer will also be there signing autographs, perhps I'll bring my red wings jersey. ;)

EDIT EDIT : 11 days !!!

10. TX0338

Jan 18, 2005
    Hey All...

10am is when we plan to start setting up. Get there when you can. We will be returning to the arena by 3pm for lunch and a meeting with Kevin from the Griffins. We will be starting the pictures around 6:30pm

More information to come...

Donavon

11. TX0338

Jan 18, 2005
    Attendance list up... Let me know if you are not on it...

12. Count_Scoobith

Feb 11, 2004
    Very Cool D-man :D

Jaareth don't miss this thread:
    http://boards.theforce.net/grand_rapids_mi/b10607/26402577/p1/?1

"The second intermission will feature all the Star Wars characters on the ice and a skating storm trooper helping host a special Jedi Knight vs. Tie-Fighter Pilot Go-Kart Race on the ice."

I LOLed at that. :D Who's doing that?

Edit:
    10 DAYS !! [face_dancing]

13. TX0338

Jan 18, 2005
    STAR WARS NIGHT with the
    GRAND RAPIDS GRIFFINS
    Featuring the Detroit Red Wings Jiri Fischer
    Saturday, March 31 @ 7:00 PM - Van Andel Arena

The Grand Rapids Griffins hockey team (primary affiliate to the NHL's Detroit Red Wings) would like to offer all West Michigan Star Wars fans with an exclusive opportunity to purchase tickets online for their special STAR WARS themed game celebrating the 30th Anniversary of the first film.

LOWER BOWL tickets ARE ONLY $10 when purchased through this exclusive online offer, a SAVINGS OF $7 OFF THE BOX OFFICE PRICE!

The Griffins will be featuring between 25-30 costumers, including Darth Vader taking part in our ceremonial puck drop with the Red Wings Jiri Fischer. Also joining us will be Storm Troopers, Tie-Fighter Pilots, X-Wing Pilots, Sand People, and Jedi Knights. The second intermission will feature all the Star Wars characters on the ice and a skating storm trooper helping host a special Jedi Knight vs. Tie-Fighter Pilot Go-Kart Race on the ice.

TO PURCHASE TICKETS
    * Log on to "http://www.griffinshockey.com/themenights"
    * Enter USERNAME: starwarsnight07
    * Enter PASSWORD: dagobah

14. TX0338

Jan 18, 2005
    Just to let everyone know... Parking will be free and there is already a location for us to park. I will post morre about this next week... or sooner.

If anyone is interested in getting together this Saturday afternoon let me know. I would like to do a test run of our photo system. If you have a costume and want a good picture of it we can take pictures then.

-Donavon

15. Count_Scoobith

Feb 11, 2004
    ^^
    Very Good to know. :D
    I need a picture done so I can try to join the midwest garrison, but I'm VERY BUSY this weekend. I'll have to wait and try to get one sometime during the griffins event. :D

8 more days!!! [face_dancing] =D=

16. TX0338

Jan 18, 2005
    I wont have the hardware this weekend to do our test run so it looks like things are canceled. That will give me some time to put together the PDF that will explain most of what will be expected of everyone next weekend. The PDF should have enough info so that way we know what to expect for the day.

Later,
    Donavon

17. jabba974

jabba974 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 17, 2004
    Ok, I just did my part for attendance... I just bought 11 tickets for my family and friends.
    I hope some of them pay me back!!

I talked with my boss and it looks like I'll be able to get out of work @ 2:30pm, so I should be able to get there by 3:00.

18. StarscreamPrime

StarscreamPrime Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2006
    This current flood of information is quite pleasing. :) In the words of Vasquez from "Aliens", LET'S ROCK!!!

(Meaning, of course, I'm still fully on to do my part!)

19. TX0338

Jan 18, 2005
    I am putting together at PDF of all the information you will need to know for next weekend. When I get it done does anyone have a place to host the file for download?

Let me know,
    Donavon

20. lavagrrrl

lavagrrrl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    D, I'm sure Rome would let you put it on the MWG for downloading. If not, I have lots of room on BlastyLava.com and we could even put it on R2-Detroit.com. :)

Ohh, an Aliens quote! That movie is in my top five favorite films (I just lump SW together to make room for others). :D

21. TX0338

Jan 18, 2005
    Thanks for the info Susie. Once I get the file done I will see what I can do.

**** NOTE ****

List update!!! Added costume types. Check it out!

22. Count_Scoobith

Feb 11, 2004
    HOLY COW !!!! What a GREAT LIST !!!! :eek: :cool:

[face_dancing] =D= [face_dancing] 5 DAYS!!!!! [face_dancing] =D= [face_dancing]

23. TX0338

Jan 18, 2005
    The PDF with the info you need is being uploaded. Once I get the link I will post that tonight. If there is anything missing from that PDF please let me know and I will change it.

Thanks,
    Donavon

24. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    Wow! This sounds so exciting and fun. I hope you all have a wonderful time. :D

**wishing for something like this in St. Louis :(

25. TX0338

Jan 18, 2005
    PDF information posted. Please download and let me know what more information I should add to the file.

Thanks,
    Donavon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.