main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

More Meaning to ESB....add one little thing.

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Detective_Storey, Oct 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Detective_Storey

Detective_Storey Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 17, 2003
    Got this great idea.

Outside the Hoth System, Admiral Piett goes into Vader's chamber to report on the hunt for the Falcon.

He looks cautiously around the edge of the dome to see the back of Vader's head as the helmet comes down.

Vader turns around and questions him.

What needs to be added to make the scene more powerful?

A hologram of Padme.

Piett glances around, sees Vader unhelmeted looking a a holo of Padme.
    The holo winks out, the helmet comes down, Vader turns.

"What is it, Admiral?"

~manual sig clue~
    chiss_man has a bandaged hand

2. Master Salty

Master Salty Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 18, 1999
    Intriguing, but so far there will be no Padme in the CT.

3. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    I never have and never will like the idea of Padme in the OT. It is VADER in that scene. He is trying to block out his past. Having a holo of Padme would contradict all of that.

4. Master Salty

Master Salty Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 18, 1999
  5. Detective_Storey

Detective_Storey Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 17, 2003
    He is trying to block out his past. Having a holo of Padme would contradict all of that.

So did showing mercy to Piett at the end, the Jedi starting come back into play.

6. jedi_john_33

jedi_john_33 Jedi Master star 7

Sep 26, 2003
    padme made him go to the dark side

shes all like "Obi-Wan wont let you develop, but the Emperor will. We need the credits to feed these kids"

I dont care if Jedi were freedom fighters, still they had to have money.

7. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    Rather, I would add some space fighting between the Imperial Starfleet and Rebel forces in the Hoth system before the Rebels flee into hyperspace for the rendezvous. Just to give some closure to their escape.
    I wonder if Denis Lawson could be made to look that young again?

8. Zethlin_Maximus

Zethlin_Maximus Jedi Youngling star 4

May 31, 2003
    What's the point in bringing Dennis Lawson back? He's an old man now. I should know, I watch him every week on BBC1!

9. Gaeri

Gaeri Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 12, 2003
    He is trying to block out his past. Having a holo of Padme would contradict all of that.

The idea would be sweet, but I'm not sure I like it. I'm not that big on changing stuff in the OT. But I don't think the idea of Vader thinking about Padme is a huge contradiction. I think something started changing inside Vader when his son wouldn't come to his side in Cloud City, but chose rather to plummet. I mean, harsh! It seems only natural that Vader would wonder, "Gee, what was that all about? Why didn't he join me?"

I may be completely wrong, but I think Luke's ability to stand up to Vader, to have Luke in control and Vader only being able to react to Luke's actions, would have been a big shock to the powerful Lord of the Sith, and it might have just shaken him enough to start thinking about Luke personally and about Luke's mother. Who knows?

When Vader comes back to the light at the end of ROTJ, do you think it was just a snap decision? Bad for decades, then boing! look I'm good again! I think it was a process, his coming back to the light side, just like it was a slow process that brought him to the dark side. Maybe the catalyst isn't the ESB lightsaber duel like I suggest, but I definitely think Vader is capable of hovering between the light and the dark without ceasing to be Vader.

10. Darth-Vengence

Darth-Vengence Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    That would be awesome to add. Vader nervously shuts off the hologram. But, I don't think this scene would be appropriate for ESB. In ESB, Vader is at the pinnacle of his evilness. It should be in ROTJ somewhere when he's starting to turn back slowly to the good side.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.