main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mortal Kombat - Shaolin Monks (Disscusion Thread)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by DarkSithDrew, Jul 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maulfly

Maulfly Moderator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    There should still be the demos (both for PS2 and Xbox) on newstands and wherever you normally get your gaming magazines. Seems it was with this month's issues that it was shipped with. So if you don't mind shelling out the money for that sort of thing, you can take an early look yourself and see if it's something you'd like to take a closer look at later. ;)

2. Dart-Dragon

Dart-Dragon Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 6, 2005

Hmm...Dont really buy PS2 magasines.If I whant to know something about a game I genaraly youst check the internet...But thanks for the tip!

3. Ogmios22188

Ogmios22188 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 12, 2004
    Scorpion has always been dead. He's the Netherrealm, ghostly form of Hanzo Hasashi; a ninja who was killed by the elder Sub-Zero in Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub-Zero. He came back as Scorpion in Mortal Kombat to kill Sub-Zero. He's appeared in this form ever since. It doesn't seem possible to actually "kill" Scorpion. But, we'll see.

4. Dart-Dragon

Aug 6, 2005

I thought the original Scorpion was a real Scorpion brought back frome the Neterrealms
    by Tsang-sung to poison a man so that Scorpion was unleashd upon the world to kill
    Kung Lao!...Also I thought that Scorpion and his family were killed,and that Scorpion belived Sub-Zero was the culprit! but he later realised that Sub-Zero was inocent of that crime...But what do I know! I only saw some of the Kung Lao movies...

5. dragonsith13

dragonsith13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2005
    MK Deception was a great game... I played it all the way through Quest mode... but I do not know if I will get this one Shaolin Monks I will have to see!

6. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    That was from the TV series Konquest, which, as it turns out when watching the series finale, never really happened in the continuity as in the end, Kitana, Kung Lao, and the rest of the heroes in addition to Shang Tsung, Quan Chi, and even Raiden are all killed by Kahn as he completes his takeover of EarthRealm.

7. Dart-Dragon

Aug 6, 2005

WHAT!?...I missed all that!Damn...Oh well!while playing MK games I tend toget confused
    as to whats the real ending?How does this fitt with the movies...And so on...
    (Sorry spelling)

8. Ogmios22188

Oct 12, 2004
    The movies and TV series have no meaning. Only the games matter.

9. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    DROP YOUR JAWS!!!

http://features.teamxbox.com/xbox/1271/Mortal-Kombat-Shaolin-Monks-Exclusive-Opening-Movie/p1/

:eek:

10. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    That was awesome, though Raiden looked retarded.

11. Ogmios22188

Oct 12, 2004
    I don't like how they keep character faces/bodies/voices. Keep them the same. Everyone looked pretty good in Deadly Alliance and Deception, but now Liu Kang, Kung Lao, and Sonya Blade just look damn ugly. And why does Sonya have a belly-button ring, if this game takes place from 1992-1993?

12. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    I'm stuck in the Living Forest. I've come upon the first living tree...but how many corpses must I feed it? I feed it five at a time, and then no more corpses respawn unless I leave the area to fight those Shadow ninja things. When I come back to the tree, the count starts back at zero...WTH?

13. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
  14. DarkSithDrew

DarkSithDrew Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    Hey, unfortunately I've not had a chance to pick up the game yet, been pretty busy. however tomorrow is Friday so I will more than likely be renting it.

Can anyone give me any details on the game, I mean is it good or has it bombed. The new feel looks strange to me compared to all previous ones.

Any comments on this game would be great, thanks guys.

15. Ogmios22188

Oct 12, 2004
    I've heard that the gameplay is great and it's really fun, but it messes with the storyline a lot. If you're just a casual fan and don't really pay a whole lot of attention to the storyline, you should love it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.