main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Moving to Raton, New Mexico

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Bravo, May 24, 2007.

1. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Hey everyone, I'm Jason. I currently live in Littleton, Colorado and am part of the Rocky Mountain Fan Force. I just GOT a paid Fire Fighter job in the State of New Mexico and will be moving down to Raton on the weekend of June 16th, maybe sooner.

So, ah, HI! :D :)

Anything you want to know, just ask. I'm a friendly person and easy to get along with. :)

2. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    Welcome to New Mexico Jason! I used to live in Aurora but was never part of the RMFF. I hope your move goes well!

3. JaceMardu

JaceMardu Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 30, 2005
    Howdy Jason! I might be driving up to Raton in a couple of weeks. Maybe we could meet up! Always a pleasure to meet a new friend!!! I work in EMS also in a non-clinical capacity. I work for Albuquerque Ambulance as an IT tech/trainer. I fix the computers the medics break. Welcome to NM!

4. nmfiredawg

nmfiredawg Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 4, 2005
    Welcome to New Mexico. USe to be in Castle Rock myself. Good luck there in Raton

5. LetoQuorme

LetoQuorme Mos Alba FF Chapter Rep star 4

Nov 11, 2001
    Welcome, Jason!

6. BloodClaw

BloodClaw Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2001
    Welcome Jason!

7. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Yeah, we will have to. I'll be down in Raton June 16, a Saturday.

Thanks all for welcoming me.

On a Star Wars note, if anyone knows how to get hold of Stormtrooper armor, let me know. Once I save up enough money, I want to buy a set. I've been wanting to for years! :)

8. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    Give me a hollar Jason...We will send you in the right direction!

9. obi_dave_kenobi

obi_dave_kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004

We're always happy to get new member into the Dew Back Ridge, be sure to hit us up for guidance, and check us out at nm501st.com.

10. JaceMardu

Sep 30, 2005
    Your best source for armor will be to check the website www.whitearmor.net. That is the official website for the stormtrooper detachment of the 501st. There you can learn all about stormtroopers and get all your questions answered by the best of the best. Be leary of contacting people who offer to do you favors because someone might be getting a kickback for the referral and you will end up paying more than you have to. Always go through the proper channels. Your local squad, the Dewback Ridge, will be here to help and guide you anytime you need it!

Long live the Empire!
    JaceMardu
    TA-5115
    Dewback Ridge Squad
    Armored Calvary Division

11. nmfiredawg

Feb 4, 2005

you're not talking about people in here are you?

12. JaceMardu

Sep 30, 2005
    In here? Mos Alban's don't sell armor. If you mean the DRS then no, we would never do anything like that I hope. I'm talking about people that sell the armor for profit like on ebay and stuff. Or people you don't know. Also there are people that have been royally screwed like Joshua when he got his TX armor and it was different colors and missing parts then he was promised extras that never came through. Whitearmor.net is reputable and I have no reservations about sending people there.

Do you agree? Correct me if I'm wrong.

13. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    Whitearmor.net is a great site....we know other people whom you can get FX armor from for much cheaper than whitearmor.net.....the FX armor that you can locate on whitearmor.net is made by the same people we can refer you to....just cheaper in price....same quality. Although I will say that the site is a great resource for armor building! I believe our resource has a price of $450.00 plus shipping. This is the same armor we used as hero armor on "FanBoys". But if the price is right on whitearmor.net....definitely buy it!!! :D

14. nmfiredawg

Feb 4, 2005
    No I think whitearmor is a great place. Just wanted a clarrification, since it seemed that you were taking about people posting here.

15. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    bout to say. We have a great source for armor!

16. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    Hey Zac....hows it going brother!

17. Imperial_Birrer

Jan 10, 2003
    hey Jess. ya know. same ole, same ole

18. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    As Zac said, the Mountain Garrison has an awesome resource for trooper armor. It's a little pricier than some of the other sets out there, but as far as accuracy - TOP NOTCH.

19. Imperial_Birrer

Jan 10, 2003
    yeah. You really get every cent worth with that armor.

20. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Thanks everyone! Once I get my feet settled and can save up some money after moving, I'll be checking at the resources and giving some phone calls! :)

21. BloodClaw

BloodClaw Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2001
    We been having great Armor Parties, When you get your Armor let us know ,we can help you......;)