main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Murmurs of the Past

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother 3: The Mods Strike Back' started by Darth-Seldon, Oct 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Murmurs of the Past

"From behind the Iron Curtain, there are signs that tyranny is in trouble and reminders that its structure is as brittle as its surface is hard."
    -Dwight David Eisenhower

?I really don't know why it is that all of us are so committed to the sea, except I think it is because in addition to the fact that the sea changes and the light changes, and ships change, it is because we all came from the sea. And it is an interesting biological fact that all of us have, in our veins the exact same percentage of salt in our blood that exists in the ocean, and, therefore, we have salt in our blood, in our sweat, in our tears. We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch it we are going back from whence we came.?
    -John F. Kennedy

"Our purpose in Vietnam is to prevent the success of aggression. It is not conquest, it is not empire, it is not foreign bases, it is not domination. It is, simply put, just to prevent the forceful conquest of South Vietnam by North Vietnam."
    -Lyndon Baines Johnson

?The American dream does not come to those who fall asleep.?
    -Richard Nixon

"Our constitution works. Our great republic is a government of laws, not of men."
    -Gerald R. Ford

?America did not invent human rights. In a very real sense human rights invented America.?
    -Jimmy Carter

?No arsenal or no weapon in the arsenals of the world is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.?
    -Ronald Reagan

"When Bill Clinton blows his taxphone, America will be singing the blues."
    -George H.W. Bush

"I may not have been the greatest president, but I've had the most fun eight years."
    -William Jefferson Clinton

"I'm honored to shake the hand of a brave Iraqi citizen who had his hand cut off by Saddam Hussein."?May 25, 2004
    -George W. Bush

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.