main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Music. I don't want to use default SW music. Is there any other I can have?

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Audio' started by warofthestars, Mar 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. warofthestars

warofthestars Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2005
    Hello,

It's so boring to use the default SW music, so I need some music by others. Are there some?

Thank you.

2. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Well if you mean just music, yeah there's a lot out there and it's available on Itunes.

If you mean Star Wars other than the movies, well there's a great score that was made for Shadow of the empire, and there's always the score of Republic commando.

Anything else comes to mind to anyone else?

3. Mircat

Mircat Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 3, 2005
    You could always use original music as well.

Over at Fanfilms a guy is offing composer services post

You might also wanna check the Database for one as well.

- The Cat

4. Hybridforce

Hybridforce Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2004
    Music is never free, however it will free you. Don?t forget to be worthy of the music you use for free.

5. Jedi-Washington

Jedi-Washington Jedi Master star 4

Aug 3, 2003
    There are lots of very obscure cues John Williams has written that havn't been used that much. The beggining of Empire Strikes Back has some wonderful cues that I could see working for a lot of different things.

As far as other music goes, if you're looking for John Williams esque music, I would look for late romantic era music. Tchaikovsky, Wagner, Sibelius, Elgar, Debussy, Ravel, Schoenberg, Verdi, Puccini, and Saint-Saëns. Some other composers worth looking into are Arron Copeland, Stravinski (very prevolent in Star Wars), Holst, and some early Danny Elfman works.

There are plenty of Composers who would like to do work though, if you want to persue that field.

~JW

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.