main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

my composites FX tests

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by AWB1989, Sep 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AWB1989

AWB1989 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 3, 2002
    i have put a few together and for all of them they took me 20 minutes maximum and they aren't as good as they would be in my movies. i just made them to see if i could composite just so i don't waste money on a bluescreen. they are .JPG's and the links are below:

test 1

test 2

test 3

test 4

test 5

for the swords test if you want to see the original pictures they are here and here.

Thanks,
    Aaron

Edit #1: Darn, the links don't work when they're on geocities. I'll try putting them onto brinkster. I'll fix up the links in a few minutes.

Edit #2: I fixed the links. Hopefully the links will work now that the pictures are on brinkster, and not geocities.

Edit #3: Darn, the links don't work with brinkster either.

2. moonz74

moonz74 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 24, 2002
    Test 1... A definate improvement over 2!

Test 2... erg..This one is not very good reasons are obvious.

Test 3... see test 1

Test 4... see test 2

Test 5... This one I liked! nice work!

I Hope you take this as constructive criticism! I would definatly practice some more on the stills...here is where I started... Assuming you have AE.

Let me know if I can be of help!

Moonz

3. Pixelito

Pixelito Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    something you should know... just because the edges blend right, it's not composited...

you have to match color and lighting... using the one of the jedi in the kamino hallway as an example, you can see the lighting doesn't match. the hallway is white with a blue hue to it, so the jedi should be slightly blue, because of radiosity (assuming light behaves the same way in a far off galaxy that it does here). people take on color of their surroundings. if you stand in a red room, you will be more red. if you stand in a blue room, you will be more blue.

and then theres the issue of lighting. the lighting is mostly coming from his sides, but he is lit from the top and front in the photo you used.

4. AWB1989

Jul 3, 2002
    They are just screenshots i found on the net, it's not a big deal and yes, they don't match each other. If you were wondering about the swords test, my brother has swords in his room on the walls and the walls happen to be painted green, it's not a normal greenscreen, but, hey, it works.

Aaron

5. AWB1989

Jul 3, 2002
    The links to the individual pictures may not be working, so below is a link to an HTML page with links to all of my composite tests:

Click here.

Thanks,
    Aaron

6. AWB1989

Jul 3, 2002
    i updated my composite site with another test. so click here.

7. AWB1989

Jul 3, 2002
    i updated my composite site with another test. so click here.

thanks,
    aaron

8. Kingleonard

Kingleonard Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 18, 2002
    Same problem yet again. The droid in the foreground doesn't match the background. Mostly this has to do with the colour, but in this case it also seems a little too distinct. The background seems more diffused. It doesn't help that the droid's angle doesn't match the target of his blaster shot.
    That said, you seem to have managed to pull a nice key from the droid picture. What are you using for your keying?

9. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Not only that, the angle of the light on the droid appears to be about opposite the lighting on the Reek.

M. Scott

10. AWB1989

Jul 3, 2002
    I used color key for it in after effects. I will try to get some pictures with matched lighting and composite them together.

Thanks,
    Aaron

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.