main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

My EBO Deck

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by DS-1234, Jun 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DS-1234

DS-1234 Jedi Youngling

Jun 28, 2002
    Hi All!
    Just wondering what you thought of my EBO Deck (it usually wins about half the time)

STARTING:
    -A New Secret Base
    -The Signal
    -An Unusual Amount of Fear (+DS)
    -Main Generators
    -North Ridge

LOCATIONS:
    -Echo Command Center
    -Echo Corridor
    -Echo Medlab
    -Echo Docking Bay
    -Kiffex
    -Coruscant
    -Naboo
    -Kessel
    -Hoth

CHARACTERS:
    -Boushh
    -TK-422
    -Commander Wedge Antillies
    -2 Luke with Lightsaber
    -Zev Senesca
    -Commander Luke Skywalker
    -Derek Hobbie Klivian

STARSHIPS:
    -Liberty
    -16 X-Wings

EFFECTS:
    -Order to Engage
    -Menace Fades
    -Echo Base Garrison
    -2 Projection of a Skywalker
    -Echo Base Operations
    -2 Rebel Fleet
    -Incom Corporation
    -Honour of the Jedi

INTERRUPTS:
    -2 Hyper Escape
    -2 Organised Attack
    -2 All Wings Report In
    -Houjix & Out of Nowhere
    -Fly Casual
    -The Signal

-Anakins Podracer
    -Lets go Left

I know I need another Incom Corp, but I'm also thinking of changing from X-Wings to Naboo Fighters. What do you guys think?

2. stecm

stecm Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2002
    this is just my opinion, and i'm not a big player, but i'd take out an x-wing and put in the spiral because it can react really cheap, and maybe you could put Haven in, but then again, i'm not any good at star wars...

3. DS-1234

DS-1234 Jedi Youngling

Jun 28, 2002
    Yeh, I used to have them in there, but i found i didn't really need Haven, and other unique starships stuffed up All Wings (and with spiral, i never ended up using it much)

4. pinbstr300

pinbstr300 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2001
    deck looks good...but you definately need some X-Wing squadrons in there...it will help to keep cycling the X-wings back into the deck...then you take them right back out again with all wings and deploy them the next turn...you could probably sacrifice a luke and at least 1 x-wing for a couple of them...good luck :)

--C

5. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    Cards like Wipe Them Out and Death Star Sentry (V) will hurt you with all your non-uniques. I'd switch to unique fighters with matching pilots.

6. DS-1234

DS-1234 Jedi Youngling

Jun 28, 2002
    I used to have both assault squadrons and non-uniques. It is much better without the non-uniques (cause I can use them with All-wings and Rebel Fleet). Assault squadrons are ok, I might but one back in. Anyone have thoughts on Naboo Fighters instead of x-wings?

7. Ultima_1

May 16, 2001
    I tried it, but without X-wing style cannons, it doesn't work all that well.

8. DS-1234

DS-1234 Jedi Youngling

Jun 28, 2002
    What are you talking about? The only problem I have is Talon Role and Resistance. If they are not using these cards, especially if they are using a ground deck, I will flog them. If they are using guns and interceptors, then I can either avoid them or do a dogpile :) Anyone have an opinion on a swap to Naboo N1 starfighters?

9. Ultima_1

May 16, 2001
    Here are a couple of the reviews I got when I posted my N-1 EBO deck on Decktech:

um, X-wings have many advantages over these things. Such as the Incom effect, Organized Attack, X-Wing cannons along with power pivot and they are probably better for an ebo swarm deck.

Frankly, X-wings are better. They have more support cards (Organized Attack, X-wing Laser Cannons, etc). Maybe we?ll get some N-1 support cards in Theed Palace, but right now, X-wings are far better.

10. Magnanimous_Jawa

Magnanimous_Jawa Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 21, 2002
    With mine i got roasted in space with Nebulon-B Frigates and x-wings swarms by the likes of boba fett in slave 1 etc....

So i decided to switch to matching pilots and use squadron assignments to get extra destiney draws and more power..

11. Jedikynes

Jedikynes Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 15, 2001
    I currently run a EBO deck as well. I use unique x-wings maybe 2 laser cannons but also using rapid fire which can be a particularlly nasty way to pull off power pivot. I also use a couple of unique mon cals along with Launch the Assault. Very evil way to increase your drain potenial.

On the point of using naboo fighters with EBO it more than likely won't work as it's geared towards rebels.

12. DS-1234

DS-1234 Jedi Youngling

Jun 28, 2002
    That sounds ok. What do you do about ground drain and how does it go against Court of the Vile Gangster decks?

13. Jedikynes

Jedikynes Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 15, 2001
    I havn't played against a Court deck in a long time. most times what happens is that I'll try and get my deck setup usually within 1-3 turns, then drain away and then try and slice and dice the ground forces. EBO is a, for the most part, space deck. it's hard to combat ground but it is possible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.