main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive My own designs (updated Nov 8th... although not SW)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by CucumberBoy, Mar 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Whoa, COOL!! =D==D=

I definitely see concept art in your future! ;)

This is too awesome: the first thing I thought was "A ship that can grab?! Fabulous! And completely original. The movie Alien had the suits that had arms and hands, but a ship like this has never been done before (to my recollection)--a very useful tool! Love the colors too--the bright yellow would make it highly visible, as maintenance vehicles always should be. What a great design!! =D= You really need to keep all of these in a portfolio, so you can show them to folks when you go looking for a job! ;) Seriously. Great work!

FF

2. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    =D= Such a ship would indeed be very handy. And it looks wonderful! =D=

3. CucumberBoy

CucumberBoy Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 11, 2007
    Thanks for all your feedback guys!

School is almost over for this semester and I've got a new fighter - not too alien design though, I decided not to do that this time.

[image=http://ic3.deviantart.com/fs17/f/2007/157/5/7/Twin_fighters_by_CucumberBoy.jpg]

4. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Wow...I definitely see a concept art career in your future! Great job--I love the unique and assymetrical shape to it. Wonderful!

FF

5. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    Hi, CucumberBoy!

Wow! I agree with FF -- you've got amazing design talent and I love the interesting ways in which you color and present your vehicles!

**Applause** all around for your many works here.

oldj

6. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    All caught up, CB! :D More impressive work. Among my favorites: the Corridor. I love your use of shadow and light. Beautiful!

=D=

7. CucumberBoy

Mar 11, 2007
    Well that'd be a blast :p. And the assymetrical was intentional - I was thinking of those side-carts that some motorcycles have and random details on the fuselage helped that impression I think...

Well I try to do my best [face_batting]

Thanks everybody :D

8. CucumberBoy

Mar 11, 2007
    [image=http://ic1.deviantart.com/fs16/f/2007/160/3/c/Mission_by_CucumberBoy.jpg]

First time ever to try drawing a character! Because it was a first I chose an already existing character... And the pose is obviously (to any aviation freaks out there) a spoof on Blonde Dynamite and many other nose arts to come. I did however change her body shape a bit. Also - don't think I'm some sort of freak for drawing her in her underwear - I'm just 2 years older than she is in the game.

officially 3,952 BBY

9. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh, yeah!! This is great!! =D= I love that old "nose art" from WWII--they really did great jobs on all of that, and this most definitely follows that style, but with the SW twist (which I LOVE!!)! I could so see this painted on the nose of a Rebel bomber or fighter--too cool! Great capture of that pose, and her proportions, while a bit long-limbed, seem very good; and the underwear is the very least of this, so not to worry about that! I think the only thing that might make it better would be to turn her eyes straight out at the viewer, with a soft smile on her face--think flirty! ;)--sort of the "come hither" look the "nose-art gals" used to have, so the flyboys would know what they were fighting to protect and go home to! ;) This is just gorgeous--love the colors, the shading--all of it! A very unique and original idea, and a great job! =D=

FF

10. CucumberBoy

Mar 11, 2007
    Thanks - I'm glad you like it.

The long legs and the very slight down-sizing of her head is intentional to make sure she doesn't look like a kid, you know? Oh, and I'll try that thing with the eyes :) Do you have a suggestion for a name of the plane she might be on? Something with "Mission in the name" - I think I can recall a plane called mission accomplished but I'm not 100% sure on that. I think there were a few called "Night Mission as well. Got any other ideas?

Observe that she's wearing hotpants now :p

11. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    Simply fabulous!! The drawing itself, the coloration, all of it!

I get the reference to Blonde Dynamite (my brother's a pilot). ;)

Your talent doesn't seem to have many limits. Go. Draw. Paint. Anything!

Can't wait to see some more work from you.

oldj

12. CucumberBoy

Mar 11, 2007
    That's cool - I always wanted to be a pilot as a kid. Maybe he or you know a good name for a nose art with the word "mission" in it?

I added some sexy tears to her bikini

13. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Ai, she got somebody's intial tattooed XD

I rather like the carlike look of your ship, and ai the torn up clothing on Aayla.

14. CucumberBoy

Mar 11, 2007
    Oh yeah - the G is for Gustaf - me

EDIT: Aayla?

15. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Sorry, mistaken identity. I always assume blue Twi'leks are Aayla XP

16. Giolon05

Giolon05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2005
    Wooo woo! I looooove Mission. She was my favorite party member in KOTOR. Not just because she's a Twi'lek, which is always a plus, but her attitude was so perfect. I wasn't that much older than her when that game came out either, but alas we keep aging but characters don't. The proportioning looks a little off to me, but I can't quite pin down what my issue is because the limb lengths look to be more or less correct. Great job on the drawing! Especially for your first time drawing a human(oid), it's very well done.

I also like your new ship design. It's unique enough, but not so much that it'd look out of place in the Star Wars universe. I could totally see that flying around for me to blow up in my X-Wing. :)

17. CucumberBoy

Mar 11, 2007
    Thanks. Yeah she's definitely my favourite too, for the very same reasons. I'm glad you see that the legs are correct because I do belive they are. Maybe it's the fact that her body shape is a bit different from your twi'leks'? And it's good to hear you think my plane look a bit star-warsy :D

18. MirandaFair

Jun 13, 2005
    Very :cool: work, CB. Your talent is endless.

19. Giolon05

Giolon05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2005
    You're welcome. :)

No, no that's not it. I think what I've narrowed it down to is the thickness of her thighs vs. the apparent thickness of her torso (estimating by as much as we can actually see). Still, don't get me wrong I think she looks fantastic! I think with as slim as she is slimming down her legs might not work anyhow.

20. CucumberBoy

Mar 11, 2007
    Ah yes, you certainly have a point. I could actually stand to make her right thigh a bit slimmer, but as you say, not the left one. I'll see how it works out.

21. Darth_Snuggle

Darth_Snuggle Jedi Master star 2

Jun 5, 2005
    Wow, your conceptual designs are great CucumberBoy - I'm completely hopeless at that sort of thing :oops:

Mission looks great, too. She's always been a fave supporting character of mine from KotOR - couldn't even go near the Dark Side playthrough when I found out what would happen to her!

22. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    She's so beautiful! :eek: [face_love] I love the fact that she looks a bit shy, not as lustful as most of the other female Twi'leks.

I think you should try drawing characters more often! [face_batting]

23. CucumberBoy

Mar 11, 2007
    Hi guys - time for an update. This is my second character which is my own creation - although nothing spectacular as designing goes. I asked two of my friends (two who don't think sw is all too nerdy) what they thought, and they both thought there was something wrong with the head - but they couldn't pin-point the problem. So I'm asking you guys if you have any clue what might be wrong.
    [image=http://ic3.deviantart.com/fs16/f/2007/170/6/7/Rebel_chick_by_CucumberBoy.jpg]

Thanks Chilla, I will do and just did!

Darth_Snuggle: Yeah - it's a good thing the dark side ending isn't canon :D Thanks for your nice comment. It's always nice to see a new face in my thread :p

24. MirandaFair

Jun 13, 2005
    CB, amazing new character you've introduced us to. She's a rebel and I love the sword. As far as your concerns with her face...I'm not a trained artist and can barely draw but I think she looks fine and I think if she could "speak," she'd have some stories to tell. [face_batting]

25. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh, very nice character design, CB! I don't see anything wrong with this either: she's got her head turned to look back over her shoulder--a tough twist--but the positioning of the jaw and the shape of the eye keep the head in proper perspective here, so no problems that I can see. A bit tighter grip on the weapon hilt would be my only suggestion (looks like a heavy blade!)--it's a great pose, and she certainly looks like a h3!!-raiser to me! Nice lighting in this, too--adds to that rather ominous mood! ;) Wonderful!

FF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.