main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson My T-Bone for your T-Bone.. or something like that...

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by cathiecat, May 2, 2007.

1. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    I was headed to watch Alex at 4pm today and a young man (who was very nice and very apologetic)thought he had a turn signal when really he had a red light and he turned left and T-Boned me at Congree and I10. I'm basically fine. I whacked my head into the driver's side window pretty hard, have a hell of a headache right now and my neck was yanked pretty hard and my back feels a bit tightened up.. most likely will just be sore for a few days, the car faired much worse than I did.. both driver's side doors would not open, and I was feeling a bit too sore to climb out the passenger side so they had to wrench open the drivers side door to get me out of the car..I think I was more emotionally rattled than anything.. I just kept saying over and over.. but I had a green light.. I had a green light.. and then mumbled a lot that Mark was gonna kill me.. (which I might add Mark was extroadinarily calm and actually seemed more concerned about me than his car, he now just wants to be sure I get the rental quickly as possible)

anyways.. figured I would share my afternoon with you. Car hopefully will be in the shop soon and I will have a rental until I get the car back from the shop.

2. firstsonofsolo

firstsonofsolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    WOW glad you are OK!!!!!!! Let us know if we can help! Kinda sucks its a brand new car its what like 3 weeks old? LOL SO who got the ticket?

3. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    the young man got the ticket. I don't have a clue what his ticket even said.. I never saw it.. but I know he got one as he told me over and over again how sorry he was and the police officer told me that the young man had the option of paying out of pocket for the damage or letting his insurance company handle it.

4. JediObiKat

JediObiKat Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 15, 2006
    :eek: Oh my! I'm glad the car took the damage instead of you! Hopefully your neck will be back to normal soon

5. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Yikes! I'm glad you're okay.

6. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    Let's see how your body feels in a couple of days. Hope the aches and pains are as minor as you are making them sound.

7. Lady_Jedi_Carenix

Lady_Jedi_Carenix Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2001
    Oh my goodness. :eek: :(

Sorry to hear about the car, but I'm glad you are alright. :)

8. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I admit I have taken a couple of pain killers this evening hoping to feel a bit less pain so I can sleep.. at the moment I am still a bit rattled too much to sleep, hoping to feel like sleeping a bit more in a little while.

9. FORCEinept

FORCEinept Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 17, 2006
    ....wow.... where's your Jedi reflexes when you need 'em? heh... okay bad joke. Maybe I'll come by and help you out a bit just gimme a call.

10. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    hey.. I'm laughing.. it was a good joke :)

I actually tried really hard to use those jedi reflexes, a lady that was a witness actually came over and said she watched me try to get out of his way but she could just see there was no way I was going to be able to avoid him, he was just coming straight at me, at least instead of him KO'ing my door head on he wound up hitting me between both doors, if he had hit my door head on they were saying probably I would have been seriously hurt, so I guess my jedi reflexes must have been working at least a little bit :)

I truly find it simply amazing how I have so many close calls all the time. I just keep wondering what is my purpose in life.. I better hurry up and find it and start doing it whatever it is.

11. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Um, no. You have ever right to call his insurance company and make them:

1) Pay for your medical expenses
    2) Get you a rental car

You need to see YOUR doctor ASAP especially considering your surgery last year.

Rotten luck.

12. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    You need to contact his insurance. they will pay for any medical, your vehicle, and "pain and suffering".

13. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    WOW! :eek: Sorry you had to go through that.:_|
    It's emotionally jarring as well as anything physical.[face_beatup] The car did its job and you walked away. [:D] Cars can be replaced, people can not.O:) It was not you fault; try not to dwell on it.[face_hypnotized] Glad Alex was not in the car.[face_peace]

I'm not going to play Jewish Mother and tell you to go to the Dr. or file a police report and with insurance.

Everybody else did that already (Hint, hint. Nudge nudge. Say no more. Say no more. Wink wink).

14. 14of3amberofborg

14of3amberofborg Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2006
    Wow. Cat hope you feel better. Let us know if we can help out.

15. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    Ouch! Been there and it aint a nice thing. Glad you made it and are in one piece. NOW GET TO THE DOCTOR!!

16. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I'm being picked up by Enterprise in an hour or so to go and pick up a rental. Then after that my doctor has emphasized the need for me to go and be checked out. I called the young man that hit me and explained that while I am sure I am fine I am going to go and get a check up to be sure, he said he understood the need to do that. I think it is a little over the top, but I am going.

The car is going from Gary's towing to Dan's auto body to be evaluated to decide if it is to fixed or totaled, I am hoping for fixed myself. It's a cute little car and I like it :) but I guess if the frame is bent they can't really fix it.. We will know in a day or so I would imagine.

17. firstsonofsolo

firstsonofsolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    I would say Dans P&B is ne of the best facillities in town to go to. They use only the best materials and take no shortcuts but with that they will have the car for a while.

But Garys toeing? Hope you didnt leave any valuables in the car and I mean that1

Still glad to know you are OK and let us know what the doctorn says and not what you say!

18. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Didn't leave a single thing in the car. Fortunately we did not leave anything at all in the car. The door having been busted into would no longer open/close so we did not want to take any chances. Jake's mom and the young man that hit me helped to transfer everything out of the car into my mother in law's car..

Glad to know Dan's is a good place to go. They gave me a list to pick from and Dan's was the only name on it I had heard of more than once so I picked it.

19. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    They gave me a PT Cruiser.. They are so nice on the outside.. but on the inside you feel like your riding around inside of a giant BOX. Not much hatch space .. I really hope the corolla is fixed before we leave for CIV.. I would rather drive the Corolla than this PT Cruiser to CA for sure. Surely three weeks is plenty of time for them to get it fixed and back to me.

20. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Doug Levy
    (520) 545-7200
    283 S Scott Ave
    Tucson, AZ 85701-1920

Personal Injury Lawyer

21. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    You know what, I Never knew you were referring to a new accident at the meeting, I never saw this thread! I always thought you were talking about your other accident a long time ago, and knowing payouts and legal resolutions sometimes take awhile, I never gave it any more thought, wow, sorry you had to go through that! Hope you feel better Cat, at least you get to enjoy a new PT Cruiser for awhile!

Typically your insurance company will contact his within a couple of days, definetly by now, usually after they get a copy of the accident report. Oh and most reports int heir entirety can be viewed online now here
    http://tpdinternet.tucsonaz.gov/reporting/online.aspx

as long as the officer told you the other driver was at fault and he was issued the citation you shouldnt have any issues with his isurance comany giving you much hassle.

22. Bylar

Bylar Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2006
    holly crap, im glad ur ok. many times injuries dont present themselves till a while after the incident, so take note of any new pains and aches and tell a doctor bout them. if i can help in any way let me know, id say the Force was with you indeed.

23. Vangarian

Vangarian Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2003
    Well, CC. I for one, expect good things to be heading your way. Inspite of the hardships which have visited you as of late, your in good hands. O:) You know why. ;)

Vangarian