main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cincin, OH Name/ Slogan Ideas

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by padawan_schlicher, Mar 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImperialRecruiter

ImperialRecruiter Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 6, 2002
    Cincinnati used to be referred to as Porkopolis. Some places still remember the name. We've got four pillars down at Sawyer Point on the Serpentine Wall with a winged pig atop each.

Ludo is right about some of the pigs being disturbing. I guess,way back when, the flying pig was a tongue in cheek joke about the pig "ghosts" taking wing after death. I don't know exactly.

2. DarthStew

DarthStew Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 26, 2002
    How about keeping with the Cincinnati Reds idea, but changing it a little.

The Cincinnati Red Imperial Guards

3. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    Oh, yeah, I forgot about Porkopolis! Don't we have a festival during summer time named like that?

4. LovelyLotus

LovelyLotus Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 26, 2002
    *laughs* Seb, if you wanna see the pigs Big Pig Gig They are similar to the cows from Chicago.

We also have a race here called the Flying Pig Marathon.

Just a stupid fun fact about Cincinnati. Did you know that the name Cincinnati came from a Roman General, Cincinnatus? And that Cincinnati is a Sister city to Rome, because of the seven hills that flow down toward the river. It's a similar landscape to that in Roma.

And that is Fun Facts with Lotus!

5. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    Hey, I thought ImperialRecruiter was in charge of the Fun Facts!! ;)
    Anyways, I like the idea of the magnet bumper thingy :)
    And ImperialRecruiter, did I read the name Iron Maiden in one of your posts? The similarities with myself were already weird (interest in star wars, classic rock, painting miniatures...), now it's just starting to be plain freaky!!!! Who said Attack of the Clones?? [face_laugh] :D

6. ImperialRecruiter

ImperialRecruiter Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 6, 2002
    :D Why yes! Yes, you did, in fact, see an Iron Maiden reference somewhere! :D

You know what else is scary? If you haven't heard them already, I've got a bunch of their b-sides songs on discs for the 10 Year anniversary, special picture disks, and even... [face_shocked] on Vinyl!!!

I've only seen them once in concert, though. And that was with Blaze Bailey. :( Hopefully, that will change, now that the best singer they ever had is back with them. They're supposed to either be working on, or starting on a new album to come out either later this year or early next. :cool:

Another fun fact from ImpR...

The original Strohs beer factory was here in Cincy, but that establishment was bought out by Hudepohl. I have no idea, though, if they're still making any beer here.

7. LovelyLotus

Feb 26, 2002
    WHEN CLONES ATTACK!! *whistles the Twilight Zone Theme* Do you ever feel as if you've met your double? Do you feel as if the world is slowly becoming multiple copies of yourself? Have you ever seen yourself walking down the street and wanted to beat yourself up!?

Sorry..sorry...couldn't not go there..I really had to!

Woooo Iron Maiden!

Lotus!

8. LovelyLotus

Feb 26, 2002
    This the graphic in colour that I brought to the last meeting. It's not exactly what I wanted, but it's close. I'd like to change the red circle to a big Rebel logo. I've got some more ideas, but I wanted ya all to see this one it it's living colour!

Flying Pig

Lotus!

9. KirstenSolo

KirstenSolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2002
    That's really nice Lotus! I still like the idea of the flying Gam. Guard though. Is anyone working on a graphic for that? "The Cincinnati Flying Pig Guards" just gives me the giggles.

10. LovelyLotus

Feb 26, 2002
    Unfortuantely as far as I know I am the only one who does graphic work beside Mara Skywhiner, and my graphic work is pretty clear cut to that, and if we have the printer do it, it's extra money. Doing something like a gamorean would take a lot of work and a skilled graphic artist. I can only do so much graphic art. That graphic took me about three hours to do. I'm working on another version. I didn't want to tread to far into copywrite infrigment even thought we're a non-profit group. I'm not totally sure what the rules are on it, even thought many other groups are using logs etc for their stuff.

If someone else does graphic work they are welcome to try a flying gamorean. We're running short on time, in any event, so any other graphics are welcome to be posted here, or on the T-shirt thread. I'm waiting to hear from you all, because I've got the printer waiting in turn also to hear back from me about what we want. My graphic was a for instance of what we could do.

The graphic I put up is only half done any how, there are stil alot of things I want to add to it than just what it is. I wanted you all to see what I thought of, and get more feed back for other ideas.

Lotus

11. Lady_Lucas

Lady_Lucas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    One of my best friends in France is in the art industry, and pretty good about star wars drawings. I asked him if he could come up with something by the end of the week, i am still waiting for his reply!

12. LovelyLotus

Feb 26, 2002
    Rockin' Lady.. :) Let me know when you do hear from him :)

Lotus! :D

13. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    We also left a message to Angel's sister (she lives in Michigan), she's good at drawing too, to see if she could come up with something. We'll know more by tomorow ! :D

14. padawan_schlicher

padawan_schlicher Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I got all the stuff to make the angel wings for my vintage gam. guard. I should get it all done and pictures up by sometime middle of this week!

15. LovelyLotus

Feb 26, 2002
    Padawan:
    Great! I going to ask you to tonight when you were going to take pictures. Can't wait to see it! Do you think you'll have pictures before the meeting? If not, posting 'em here is cool.

Ludo: Thanks so much to you and Angel! I can't wait to see what both of them (her sister and her good friend in France) come up with. Either way, they will get a shirt with their art on it, if the group votes for their graphic.

16. padawan_schlicher

padawan_schlicher Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    i'll definately have pictures at least by the meeting, if not probably more like wednesday of this week

17. LovelyLotus

Feb 26, 2002
    Rockin' on. Visuals are ideal for us for shirt stuff. Kinda hard on my old imagination. I'm gettin' old, I need visual. :D Can't wait to see 'em.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.