main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NE mini-meet, May....?

Discussion in 'Archive: North' started by suzijedi, Mar 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Hiya Ven, nice to see you back. It won't be the June 1st weekend. 1-2 weeks after that depending on what's good for everyone.

Everyone can crash at mine again like last year, too.

2. edgejedi

edgejedi Jedi Master star 1

May 3, 2004
    I cant do anytime 20/21/22 June, but anything else is good.

3. suzijedi

suzijedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 8, 2006
    June is a busy month at work for me and I could end up working some Saturdays, but if I can make it, I will :) Any weekend in June is OK so far (work permitting!)

4. Dave_B

Dave_B Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 1, 2008
    Anyone fancy attending this for a Mini Meet in may ?
    http://www.sacredbrigantia.com/directions.php

Its a Good weekend and a camping thing too right on our Northern Doorstep

5. suzijedi

Jul 8, 2006
    Not sure I'd be up for camping just yet...perhaps in the summer, so we can take advantage of the nice weather?

OK folks...in May we have Indiana Jones coming out- shall we have a meet up for this, perhaps with a bit of a wander around beforehand?[face_thinking]

6. VenHalcyon

VenHalcyon Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 26, 2005
    Count me in for Indy if possible - my mate is getting married the weekend of the 23rd though!! :(

7. darth_frared

darth_frared Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 24, 2005
    how d'ya mean:confused:

8. suzijedi

Jul 8, 2006
    Well, the one day of the year that the UK has weather warm enough for us to walk around without freezing to death! :p

9. Dave_B

Mar 1, 2008
    If this Good weather holds up maybe we should start looking at a beach party ?

10. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    A beach party? Not just a gathering on a beach?

11. Dave_B

Mar 1, 2008
    Aye a Beach party ( BBQ's and games drinking and its something different rather than Going to the cinema or the local pub ! ) Its only an Idea

12. darth_frared

Jun 24, 2005
    i don't trust either our organizational skills to do this nor, crucially, the weather.

altho, once underway, it could potentially be fun.

13. suzijedi

Jul 8, 2006
    I don't think our organisational skills are that bad, are they.....?

Well, do we want to have a meet for Indiana Jones, or combine this with Sie's birthday (mentioned earlier in this thread, which would take us into June?)

14. darth_frared

Jun 24, 2005
    yeah all sounding good even though may is withering away and by the end of the month my parents will visit and (that reminds me...) and i might not have time to go places and see people/films.

no, our org skill aren't that bad but beach parties when none of us live close to an actual beach could be kinda hard to pull off.

15. Dave_B

Mar 1, 2008
    Why where do you live ?
    I'm sorry to sound rather off But Where is the mass of people that made this site - It running rather slow aint it I thought the plan was to bring some life back into FFUK N but it seams we have slipped back into our old ways of Pub's and the cinema. Not getting out and raising the banner ie charity events or days out.

No One wants to camp out or go to the beach ok fine but what then was the point of the mass MSN chats about bring life back on here !!

WAKE UP

16. suzijedi

Jul 8, 2006
    Well, I'm trying my best, but when only a handful of people respond to ideas, it's kinda difficult to arrange anything.....

Sie: If you want to suggest a possible weekend for your birthday meal/cinema (if that's what you want to do) then please do. If you're looking at June, then we have the following:

7 & 8 June
    14 & 15 June
    21 & 22 June
    28 & 29 June

It may be an idea to start a new thread for that, so as not to confuse matters.

If anyone would like to suggest doing something this month, then shout up. I know there's a troop this weekend, so people may be busy with that, so that leaves us with:

24 & 25 May
    31 May & 1 June

17. darth_frared

Jun 24, 2005
    i'm fairly awake, thanks a lot, i live in a house in stockport which isn't anywhere close to a beach. the closest would be southport or thereabouts and i can only go there by train.

i remember a beach in newcastle that was all pebbly. nice for walks but not necessarily good for picknicking.

i like going to beaches and doing stuff but a) it requires nice weather and b) a plan b, as i wouldn't want to be stuck on some beach for hours in the light drizzle this country is famous for with nowhere else to go.

we are doing pubs and cinema because that's fairly controllable environment, i suppose.

all of that said, i don't think i can make a beach or elsewhere party this may because i will simply be stuck with my parents and other things that have occurred in my life and will occur or whatever.

i'm all happy meeting and preparing but i turn a bit sour when i'm accused of inaction. i'm still posting to the best of my ability (not all that much) but i'm also a realist, some would say pessimist.

18. ForceGhostOfCozmic

ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 25, 2005
    Hey Sie when are you thinking of doing something for your b'day cos I'm probably going to find it hard to come up yours since I've got plans for my own on the 28th-29th June. I still plan of hiting Bish at some point, only fiar if you do come down to Liverpool for my b'day [face_peace]

19. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Sie: If you want to suggest a possible weekend for your birthday meal/cinema (if that's what you want to do) then please do. If you're looking at June, then we have the following:

7 & 8 June
    14 & 15 June
    21 & 22 June
    28 & 29 June

I was thinking 14 & 15th might be a good idea so as to accommodate some of the guys who are trooping on the 7th and 8th (I may in fact be there on the 8th too).

But it's a good idea for a separate thread.

20. suzijedi

Jul 8, 2006
    OK, Sie, do you want to take the lead with the thread for your birthday (if that's OK)?

There are people who are more active than others and I'm certainly not going to point fingers as to who goes to more meets or whatever. The fact is that people have other things going on in their lives (family/work/Uni/money etc) and all we can do is our best to try and meet up as much as possible, whether it's for a day or a weekend [face_peace]

21. edgejedi

edgejedi Jedi Master star 1

May 3, 2004
    [face_hypnotized] I-)

:D I'm awake - promise! :D

As for where they are - I think we all know where they are (mostly)[face_batting], but its just a shame that they dont still do FF social meets anymore - trooping regularly is good fun, but its equally fun just to kick back without costumes still from time to time. Even though I love costuming myself, theres still time for friends and fun when not in costume.

I agree! Finances and time permitting, which is why we all have difficulties balancing meets with other committments...(and the bank balance too!)

and PS. too - Suzi - I think you are doing a great job juggling everything thats going on with everyone! =D=

22. Dave_B

Mar 1, 2008
    So whatch the Weather forcast and pick a good day to head down to the beach (If you think a clowd is coming over you can run for the nearest pub if you want.

Is it any wonder why people are getting just that bit sick of coming on here as its always The Pub or Cinema meet up we seem to be going round and round and not doing anything new !

23. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Dave: I seem to recall telling people that I would remove any posts from people saying they're "sick of this site". Frankly I'm a bit sick of peoples' negative attitudes on here. FF-UK North might not be as vibrant as it has been in the past year, but we're still doing meet-ups and have already filled our 3 meets a year quota that is required by the admins. Perhaps if some people acted a bit more positively instead of nitpicking at minor problems more members would still want to post here.

If you have any concerns, take it to the stickied "FF-UK North: The Future...thread", otherwise, let everyone get on with planning something they all want to do. We're a community after all.

And speaking as a member, I thought it was the local pub and cinema meets we wanted to get back to because what we were doing already didn't seem to be appealing anymore :confused:

24. suzijedi

Jul 8, 2006
    Yes, I do seem to recall there being a request for more smaller, local meets...

I ask for input time and time again- this board is for ALL members to chip in with ideas and suggestions for meets, but if no-one bothers, then I can't force people.

25. Dave_B

Mar 1, 2008
    You guys just dont see it do you Nothing changed !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.