main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Montréal Need help..... BIG help!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Dark-Daxter, May 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark-Daxter

Dark-Daxter Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2005
    Hello my fellow Jedi Knights... and Sith.... let me make this quick:

I'm new and I'm currently making a Star Wars fanmovie. I need help for after effects (for the editing, lightsabers and all...). But what I'm asking you, to be more precise, is the following:

First, how do I make dissapear and object allready on my movie, like when I turn off a lightsaber? I'll use some sticks that I'll make them look like lightsabers!

Second, which program would be best?

Thank you ^^!

2. fanger54

fanger54 Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2005
    hi
    i think that someone has posted something on how to do sabers on this board so look around who knows what you might find
    i would help but i am of no help unless you need artwork for your film

3. KepowOb

KepowOb Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 4, 2001
    If you used sticks, have fun. The way you should have done it is the shots that you have the lightsabre turn on and off, you dont use a stick, then have a cut where it goes to where you're using the stick and just rotoscope over the stick.

If the stick is there in the shot, you have two choices. Shoot a few close ups of the characters in the same positions with no sticks, or have one hell of a time rotoscoping out out the sticks themselves.

I've made a fan film and know all the hard work it takes, heh. If you want to talk about it more, you can e-mail me at k.powell@sympatico.ca or talk to me on msn at kepowob@hotmail.com or just post here. I dont post much, but I keep up to date on whats going on.

4. Dark-Daxter

Dark-Daxter Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2005
    Now, I've came to the most crucial part of my movie... well for me: How do I make a Force Attraction effect? Post quick!!! May the Force be with you. Oh! And the title is 'The Perfect Team'

5. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    you don't actually.. you just show the actor "pulling" something towards him and then make the "thing" move.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.