main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Need Urgent help with Sound Effects!

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Stegall_Design, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Stegall_Design

Stegall_Design Jedi Youngling

Mar 25, 2013
    Hello, first post here! I'm trying to scour through the cracks and crevices of the internet in desperate need with decent Star Wars sound effects!

I'm a New Media Designer at the Rochester Institute of Technology and I'm currently trying to finish post production on an interactive Star Wars experience! The only problem is I'm having trouble finding a high quality library of Star Wars sound effects to make this video prototype PERFECT. This is the best thing I've ever designed and this is the piece thats going to score me an amazing job in the industry. I need urgent help in finding some of these sound effects, like hologram ambient noise, or ships going into and out of hyperdrive. Star wars button effect noises.

I'm a student and its for educational purposes so as long as I give credit to lucasfilm etc, I'm all set.

Please, is there ANYONE who can help? I'm getting desperate here.

2. Bushy162

Bushy162 Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 27, 2011
    I can't help you, but my replying might boost your post's visibility so you're more likely to get an answer! :cool: So come on guys, help him out.

3. Stegall_Design

Mar 25, 2013
    Please help me, and thanks Bushy162! I've not gotten much help at all from Star Wars fan sites such as this, and honestly its the opposite of what I expected. I thought fan films were still a big thing, I guess not so much anymore :/

I only need a few key sounds that is the most frustrating part.

4. Bushy162

Jul 27, 2011
    That's no problem Stegall_Design, it's tough when nobody seems to be alive in these regions of the web! I can give you a link to my Dropbox folder into which I'm copying some fairly obvious sounds that you may not find very useful. Bare with me while I do that, and I'll send you the link shortly....

5. Bushy162

Jul 27, 2011
    Okay, I can't be sure this will work, but here's 4 folders each containing blaster and saber sound effects (official). However, I gather you're wanting more diverse stuff like as you said hyperdrive and buttons pressed, so I'll see what I can find.
    Check these out in the mean time:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/w57wpqin6m0g2t4/l028JWlWHo

6. Stegall_Design

Mar 25, 2013
    Dude, you are so incredibly helpful, please let me know if you do find any more, just realized. The force unleashed 2 and millenium falcon sound effects on the official star wars boards are stuff I could use, is there a way you can get those?

7. Bushy162

Jul 27, 2011
    Hey it's a pleasure, I don't know which one's you've seen already, but I've made a new folder called 'Various Others', and it has loads of really good ones, including Jawas, Chewbacca, R2D2, Falcon etc.
    Does the link still work?

8. keithabbott

keithabbott Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 1998
    There used to be a repository for Star Wars audio effects back in the day. I bet if you go to the starwarsfanworks.com site you can hook up with someone who's got a bunch. That's all they deal with is audio.

9. Boter

Boter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2002
  10. ARAJediMaster

ARAJediMaster Jedi Knight

May 11, 2013

Excuse me Bushy, but I can't seem to access the files and I don't know why. Can you send me a backup link to the files, please? I'd like to use them too.

11. coffeewithgames

coffeewithgames Jedi Youngling

Jul 14, 2013
    If you have a smartphone (iPhone type) or tablet with either the App Store or Google Play, you can find free apps with sound effects in them, that you can email the files to yourself. It just depends what you're really looking for. One recent one I downloaded and have used is called STAR WARS machines. It has lots of different sound effects.

12. backdeskproductions

backdeskproductions Jedi Master star 3

Aug 17, 2007
    I am willing to dish out my entire Star Wars Library to all who need it. PM me your email address. I'll send them over.

13. Thunderstruck2012

Thunderstruck2012 Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 1, 2011