main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST New clues re: Rey's secret past?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by HeroOfCanton75, Dec 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014

Kylo Ren practically needed Han to stab himself with the lightsaber to kill him. It wasn't easy for Kylo Ren and I got the feeling Kylo hoped after he did that it would galvanize his allegiance to the dark side.

Agreed about the simple answer is the right one. So most likely Rey is Luke's daughter, but instead of nobody knowing about her, I think they all thought she was dead.

oncafar likes this.
  2. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    I came up with a theory recently, in case she doesn't turn out to be related to Luke by blood.

Perhaps her parents were friends with Luke, they may or may not have been Force sensitive themselves. And perhaps Luke did meet little Rey when she was a small child, and interacted with her. But since she was only like 5 when she was left alone, she might have been too young to remember that (my own memories get really scattershot at around that time for example). They got into some kind of trouble, had to flee, and dropped Rey off on Jakku to protect her in the moment (it was still better than what would have happened if their enemies had caught up with them with her nearby and all that). They had intended to come back for her eventually, but were killed or captured before they got the chance (hence Maz's comments). Luke believe that Rey died with them, hence why he never looked for her. Or maybe he did for awhile and then just came to the belief that she was dead to.

3. Chaos123x

Chaos123x Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    Did Shmi Skywalker have more kids?

4. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    We don't know. There's no evidence of it in the PT, but that doesn't necessarily rule it out 100%.

5. MeBeJedi

MeBeJedi Force Ghost star 6

May 30, 2002
    Agreed.

KYLO REN I know what I have to do, but I don't know if I have the strength to do it. Will you help me? Han hears his son's voice again, pained and vulnerable.

I took this as two meanings: Han thinks it means Ben is trying to ignore the Dark Side and go with his father, but what Kylo is really saying is "I have to kill my father".

oncafar likes this.
  6. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    Everything that he says in the scene is true, it just has a different meeting than most people thought:

I know what I have to do.

Actual meaning "in order to be rid of this pain that tearing me up inside, I need to fully embrace the Dark Side. But I can only do that if I kill you."

but I don't know if I have the strength to do it. Will you help me?

"I may have my issues with you, but you're still my father and doing this is hard for me."

And then, he also waits until AFTER Han says "yes, anything" before making his move. And when he says "thank you" after stabbing Han, I think that he means it in a way.

oncafar likes this.
  7. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    One must imagine that this Rey mystery has truly taken us back to 1977-80 when everyone is wondering about Luke and his origins.

I first thought Rey was conceived by the Force like Anakin but now lean toward her being Luke's daughter or even.....Kenobi's daughter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.