main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph New comic books for June 13th

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by Raven, Jun 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998

I'm going to try something new, to try to get more people posting in comics threads. Every Tuesday night, I'll post a list of the new books to be released the next day. I'll do this in a new thread each week. No laundry lists people - if you just post a laundry list, I'll remove the list.

DC
    Batman Confidential #6 $2.99
    Batman Strikes #34 $2.25
    Countdown #46 $2.99
    DMZ #20 $2.99
    Emma Vol 4 TP $9.99
    Fables #62 $2.99
    Fables Vol 9 Sons Of Empire TP $17.99
    Gen 13 Vol 4 #9 $2.99
    Gotham Central Vol 5 Dead Robin TP $17.99
    Green Arrow Vol 3 #75 $3.50
    Green Lantern Corps Vol 2 #13 $2.99
    Grifter Midnighter #4 $2.99
    Hawkgirl #65 $2.99
    Jack Kirbys Fourth World Omnibus Vol 1 HC $49.99
    JLA Classified #39 $2.99
    Justice (DC) #12 $3.99
    Justice League Of America Vol 1 HC $24.99
    Loveless #18 $2.99
    MAD War On Bush TP $9.99
    Moon Child Vol 7 TP $9.99
    Re-Gifters GN $9.99
    Showcase Presents The Atom Vol 1 TP $16.99
    Stormwatch PHD #8 $2.99
    Superman Batman #36 $2.99
    Superman Through The Ages $3.99
    Tenjho Tenge Vol 14 TP $9.99
    Trials Of SHAZAM #7 $2.99

IDW Publishing
    Angel Auld Lang Syne TP $19.99
    Tank Girl The Gifting #1 $3.99
    Transformers Movie Adaptation #2 $3.99
    Transformers Spotlight Target 2006 #3 $3.99

Agency TP $14.99
    Amory Wars #1 $2.99
    Death Jr Vol 2 TP $14.99
    Drain #4 $2.99
    Elephantmen Pilot $2.99
    Hero By Night #4 $2.99
    Noble Causes Vol 2 #30 $3.50
    Occult Crimes Taskforce Vol 1 TP $14.99
    PvP #34 $2.99
    Sam Noir Vol 1 Ronin Detective TP $15.99

Marvel
    Amazing Spider-Girl #9 $2.99
    Avengers Classic #1 $3.99
    Blade Vol 3 #10 $2.99
    Cable Deadpool #41 $2.99
    Essential Marvel Two-In-One Vol 2 TP $16.99
    Exiles Vol 3 #95 $2.99
    Fantastic Four Omnibus Vol 2 HC $99.99
    Fantastic Four Visionaries John Byrne Vol 7 TP $24.99
    Franklin Richards World Be Warned #1 $2.99
    Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #21 $2.99
    Hulk Planet Hulk HC $39.99
    Kabuki Reflections #8 $5.99
    Killraven HC $19.99
    Marvel Adventures Fantastic Four #25 $2.99
    Marvel Illustrated Treasure Island #1 $2.99
    Marvel Tales Flip Magazine #25 $4.99
    Mystic Arcana Magik $2.99
    New Avengers #31 $2.99
    New X-Men Vol 2 #39 $2.99
    Nova Vol 4 #3 $2.99
    Punisher War Journal Vol 2 #8 $2.99
    Red Prophet Tales Of Alvin Maker #8 $2.99
    Sub-Mariner Vol 2 #1 $2.99
    What If Event Horizon TP $16.99
    World War Hulk #1 $3.99

Dark Horse
    Blade Of The Immortal #126 $2.99
    Blade Of The Immortal Vol 17 Perfection Of Anat TP $16.95
    BPRD Garden Of Souls #4 $2.99
    Chronicles Of Conan Vol 12 Beast King Of Abombi & Other Stories TP $16.95
    Conan & The Midnight God #4 $2.99
    Hellboy Animated Vol 2 Judgement Bell TP $6.95
    Hellgate London TP $12.95
    Satans ##### Baby (Offered Again - ADULTS ONLY) $3.50
    Scarlet Traces The Great Game HC $14.95
    Star Wars Clone Wars Adventures Vol 8 TP $6.95
    Star Wars Legacy #13 $2.99
    Star Wars Omnibus X-Wing Rogue Squadron Vol 3 TP $24.95
    Star Wars Rebellion #7 $2.99

2. EUReader

EUReader Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 10, 2004
    Why do it Tuesday when the list comes out Monday at 5pm EST?

What is this laundry list you speak of? You can't post what you're gonna be getting?

3. EUReader

Feb 10, 2004
    Also, those aren't all the comic being released.

Get your list from Diamond to get everything.

4. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    They're all the books by the major publishers though. I don't know about you, but it's not vital information for me to know that the Betty & Veronica Summer Fun Special comes out this week. I am excited about World War Hulk starting this week however. [face_dancing]

5. EUReader

Feb 10, 2004
    Variety is the spice of life.

Here is the true list

Feel free to post individual items on the full list, with what you thought of them. But please, don't post the full list. The partial list covers the major publishers - if anyone has any particular other publisher they want represented, I'm happy to oblige. Only one list needed per thread...

6. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    See that list is just far to long. Especially since half the items on that list are t-shirts and toys and stuff. In the first post of this thread Raven said this thread was created to encourage more people to post in comics threads. A giant long list is just going to intimidate people. I think Raven has the right idea with a more simplified list of the major releases each week.

7. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    I need to get #2 of BPRD and #4.

8. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000

I'm pretty excited myself. However, I probably won't read it right away because I want to read Planet Hulk first. I missed out on the comic books so I'm waiting for Amazon to ship me the Hard Cover compilation. I just read "Prelude to Planet Hulk" a few weeks ago.

9. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    I'm waiting on it too. But not by choice. I went to buy comics today on my lunch break and they were already sold out of World War Hulk #1. That's what I get for not putting it on my pull list. :oops:

But, they said they'll be getting more next week so it looks like I won't have to wait too long.

10. EUReader

Feb 10, 2004
    I'm picking up Star Wars Legacy and Rebellion. Legacy is a pretty good series. I'm gonna wait for TPB before I get into World War Hulk.

11. Raven

Oct 5, 1998

New Avengers #31: This suffers from art that makes the story almost impossible to follow. I confess, I prefer even the likes of JRJR to art where I can't figure out what's happening. Still: the two big reveals were pretty nice. Raises some questions though: If the baby is half Skrull, does that mean that Jessica is a Skrull? Is Luke Cage? Or was the baby swapped?

Fables: Sons of Empire: I had read all of this before, of course. It was still good reading the second (or, in my case, third or fourth or ninth) time around. Fables is quite possibly the best comic running today.

Countdown #45: First off: the backup story is terrible. It may be that somewhere, somehow, there's someone who likes it. But it's history that, so far, just isn't interesting. The main story is decent so far, but it keeps feeling rushed and overly compressed. Mary seems slightly... bloodthirsty in this. Now, given it's a demon she was fighting, so that she's considering just killing the thing probably isn't remotely evil on her part, but it still seems kind of non-innocent, and I'm surprised she considered the idea so casually.

Still reading Planet Hulk: It's good so far. Sometimes feels a little off-kilter, like I'm missing a few pages, but that might just be me reading too fast and missing things. It reads as being well written, and I like the art. This is a good, entertaining, exciting story so far that reads like Conan meets Flash Gordan. It's far more SF than it is capes and tights superheroes, and the better for it. I'm about half done now, and looking forward to the tragic end.

12. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    There are currently interviews with Bendis on both IGN and Newsarama about how New Avengers #31 is just the tip of the iceburg for another giant event that will be taking place in 2008. Apparently this one's been planned since before Civil War.

13. Raven

Oct 5, 1998
    Mmmmhmmm. I saw the link to the interviews on Mark Millar's web site.

14. NJOfan215

NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 17, 2003
    This was a big week for marvel, the hulk comes back and soem one is revealed to be an alien. I liked wwh and look foreward to reading planet hulk when i get it next week.

15. Darth-Kevin-Thomas

Darth-Kevin-Thomas Jedi Master star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    I think it's a good idea. Maybe we can discuss what came out briefly and save the really in depth stuff for the actually threads.

don't know about spoilers so i'll HL them

I thought it was ok. It did read really fast. I was thinking that there was going to be a little more "Oh snap Hulk is back" with the first comic ending with VW beetle Iron man facing in a show down with hulk or ending with Hulk holding black bolts body for everyone to see. For the most part I thought it was cool. I'd love to see some other hero's jump on Hulk's side.

I missed the implications of the end of the avengers. Not a story line i read up on much so It was a bit over my head.

Sub Mariner really cool series i think. A lot of the initiative stuff is so-so but this one is really cool. Kinda makes you root for namor and want to hate Iron Man (if you don't already). It's a limited series, i would recommend picking this up.

Nova Nova had a small series from the midst of annihilation and a lead up into the next Conquest series. I think it was only 4 comics, but it was really cool. Nova comes back from his grand battle in space to confront tony and all the Civil War junk. It's a really good written series. Just hit the last one but if you can manage i would suggest to read it. There is a really cool scene between Rider and Baldwin.

Countdown I have not gotten to yet

dkt

16. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    New Avengers disappointed in two ways for me. The hype going in was immense and yet again, it didn't deliver. Skrull conspiracy? Ok then, it smells of a future retcon if nothing else. And the art is absolutely horrible, as in I don't buy the book anymore because it's just not pleasent to look at, besides other things.

17. EUReader

Feb 10, 2004
    Star Wars Legacy #13 - This issue was decent but it will be nothing compared to the next story arc where they reveal Darth Krayt's background.

18. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    Actually Bendis has already gone on record in saying that they won't be using this as an excuse to retcon things that have already happened. The Skrulls DID NOT cause Civil War, they DID NOT cause House of M, etc.

19. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    Perhaps, but that response is to be expected right now from him. I dunno, I guess we'll see, I just don't trust him any further than I can throw him. :p

20. Raven

Oct 5, 1998
    I wasn't talking about WWH, I was talking about PH. Planet Hulk was just released on HC, and I picked up a copy. Was originally nervous about dropped $50.00 for a book about a character who is not and has never been a favorite of mine, but it was damn good. This was a great science fiction story, that happened to involve a comic character.

I think that my favorite scene happens towards the end, during the marriage, such as it is. When Oldstrong asks Hulk to show her everything of what he is, and he turns into Banner, and she kisses him anyways. Very sweet.

21. rebelwookiee

rebelwookiee Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    Okay, so I'm trying to get back into Marvel. I haven't bought any issues since around 2001 due to lack of money, but I read Spider-Man's part of the Civil War at the Library. New Avengers 31 didn't seem that bad to me in terms of art, maybe a little hard to follow, but when I saw the ending I immediately thought of a huge retcon of the last year or more. What other characters are...uh...not to spoil anyone..."in the same way" as that character at the end? But as stated before, the powers that be say the aren't going that route.

The Spiderman titles seem okay. Back in Black seems to make sense, but I still don't "feel it" like I did back in '89-'95. Maybe that's just me.

Anybody else hear the news about Flash #13? Or all the stuff about Spidey's future? Newsarama.com and some other sites are reporting all kinds of juicy details.

22. Darth-Kevin-Thomas

Darth-Kevin-Thomas Jedi Master star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    ahh, my bad. I probably gave some story line away.

dkt

23. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003
    I picked up a lot of books this week (as per usual :p) bu tI'v eonly read Countdown so far. I seem to be in the minority on this but I like it a lot more than 52. 52 always felt a bit messy while I find that Countdown flows much, much better and has better characterization.

24. rebelwookiee

rebelwookiee Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    I don't know that I'd go as far as to say I like it better than 52, but I'm definitely enjoying it. I don't understand most of the negative comments I read online. My biggest complaint is that the art could be better.

25. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I'm still waiting for my copy of Legacy to be sent. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.