main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph New comic books for June 13th

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by Raven, Jun 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    Agreed. Countdown is more cohesive so far.

2. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I had to put off buying comics for a week, funds are low. Silver Surfer Requiem #1. In case you didn't know the Silver Surfer's silver skin is actually a supremely advanced machine a few microns thick. As Reed Richards explains, all machines fail...

3. NJOfan215

NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 17, 2003
    I read the first 13 isseus of x factor this week. Damn i was really missing out on that sereis. I'm going to try to get caught up in short order.

4. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    Out of continuity. The explanations provided don't count.

I have no idea where you people are getting that Countdown is more cohesive then 52. 52 laid down the stories and we could perhaps see where things were going. Countdown so far seems to be a bunch of non connected scenes that may or may not lead to something.

5. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Yes, do that as soon as possible. Peter David has been writing some of the best stuff of his career in that book.

6. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003
    Much more so, I think. 52 skipped about too fast and had way too many characters dissapear only to show up twenty issues down the road and expect us to remember their one page appearance before.

Countdown, so far, has played it slow, setting the pieces up for the future. I like that.

7. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I only read like the last four issues of 52. I was lost on the conclusion, but I like the War against Black Adam thing. And in reading 52, I discovered how unfamiliar I am with the DC universe.

This week of comic releases is going to hurt my wallet.

8. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    The last couple of days I've been reading my way through 52. Right now I'm on Issue 28, and so far the only story-lines that have made any sense to me are the Black Adam Family, Infinity Inc/Man of Steel and Booster Gold ones. And even those I didn't know who half the characters were at first- it took me until about Week 20 to get a feel for them.

Countdown at least has Jason and Donna as recurring characters- two characters who I actually know. I'm reading Amazons Attack, as well as Teen Titans, so I get the references. I'm learning to like Mary Marvel, am sort of getting the Monitors and while there are still characters I don't see the point of (Jimmy Olsen being one of them), I still feel as if I understand a lot more with Countdown.

Therefore, for the moment, Countdown has my vote.

I picked up Batman Confidential, Batman Strikes, Countdown, Green Arrow and Trials Of Shazam that week. Only have managed to read Countdown and Green Arrow as of yet. I'm still working my way through ToS 1-6 and I've been putting off reading Confidential and Batman Strikes, for some reason.

Green Arrow was okay. Curious as to what she'll say. The general rumor is "yes", but you never know... And Countdown 46 I enjoyed the ending immensely. I enjoy both Donna and Jason. The rest of the issue...was all right, but not great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.