main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sth Bend, IN New CR

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by DarthJurist, Nov 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    With BDZ's departure, South Bend needs to elect a new Chapter Rep (formerly known as City Rep).

Here's the description of CR from the FAQ:

A CR must be a leader -- capable of organizing and supporting their entire chapter. A CR is elected by the members of a chapter.

Ideally, CR's should be elected at a meeting, but we can also do it online. Use this thread discuss how you would like to conduct the election, or to make nominations.

If anyone has any questions, please post them here, or PM me. Good luck!

~H~

2. Darth_Vegeta

Darth_Vegeta Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2001
    Well, I'd love to volunteer, but my residency status is not exactly permanent. Would be willing to help plan stuff tho.

3. Jenson_Cole

Jenson_Cole Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 20, 2002
    I know I haven't been on the boards long but have been a long time visitor of the site. I'll throw my name in for the CR.

4. BaseDeltaZero

BaseDeltaZero Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2001
    I second that nomination since JC is the only one to reply to it.. :) Guide us oh great master!

5. DarthJurist

Dec 10, 2000
    Whoo-hoo! We have a nomination, and a second! *Throws confetti*

Anyone else want to step up to make this official? ;) :D

At this point, it looks like you have approx 5 active members, so three will get the vote.

~H~

6. Darth_Vegeta

Jan 3, 2001
    "General, count me in."

I third that decision.

7. Jenson_Cole

Jun 20, 2002
    Well with the last vote that's 3 of 5. More or less I guess I should list the goals I have planned and I've been thinking on that as well and get some input from you.

With myself working Third Shift the sceduleing of our availability is going to be key so days and times you're available would be great to have and we can plan around that.

I'd like to have Monthly or at least quarterly meetings rangeing from as stated as get together's and so forth even if it just means raiding Casey's place at Buymetoys.com :)

I want to get as much input from you guys as well since we are the South Bend chapter of fan force. Plus I have my eyes set already on some potential recruits already for Fan Force. They don't have computers but are very much into Star Wars.

One thing I also want to do is if possible if The Force.net allows it expand South Bend's Fan Force out to area's such as Mishawaka and Osceola since I have friends in that neck of the woods and see if I can get them involved in this.

Interests involve the following that I can name off hand

Movies (Lord of the Rings Two Towers hehe)
    Star Wars RPG
    Star Wars CCG (Decipher's old product)
    Or just hanging out whatever. I'm game for just about anything if it peeks my interest.

I know with Thanksgiveing and Christmas fast approaching that many of our schedules move from the norm to straight hectic so I won't push a meeting until around New Years. Possibly a get together for us on New Years Eve to usher in the New Year if we have people interested. I just need some advanced notice (at least 2 weeks so I can get notification into work for the request)

So you know I work for Martin's as well specificly at the one located at 314 N Ironwood. When and if this become's official I'll begin the gathering of contact information and I'll give out contact information for myself as well. My AOL and MSN contact info I just threw into my profile this morning so you guy's can reach me. Note that I have AOL set on selective allow so if you wish me to add you to my AOL list please Email me and I'll add it so you can see me online.

8. DarthJurist

Dec 10, 2000
    One thing I also want to do is if possible if The Force.net allows it expand South Bend's Fan Force out to area's such as Mishawaka and Osceola since I have friends in that neck of the woods and see if I can get them involved in this.

Your Fan Force does not need to be limited to the city of origin (or name). Many FF groups have members from wide geographic areas.

As long as you are not actively soliciting members from other FF groups, feel free to expand your horizons. :)

JC, check your PM's in a few for more information from me. ;)

~H~

9. Darth_Vegeta

Jan 3, 2001
    /\
    He speaks the truth. In the San Diego chapter, we have members from the entire county, which is quite a substantial area.

10. Xmaveric

Xmaveric Jedi Master star 5

Nov 25, 2000
    I fourth that nomination!

And I'm from Mishawaka :)

11. BaseDeltaZero

BaseDeltaZero Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2001
    Yo, outsider! Your vote means nothing! HA

Well, you have the Best Buy in Mishawaka (It is an Indian word but why does it sound Japanese?). I guess we will trade rights to BestBuy for your vote.

12. Darth_Vegeta

Jan 3, 2001
    /\
    Well, I would like to get involved if there are ever any events.

13. Jenson_Cole

Jun 20, 2002
    Ok. Need availability times. When are the best times that you are available because I was thinking the first step to show that we are serious on getting active.

IF there's a interest I would like to arrange for us meeting on the 18th to see the Two Towers opening at either Movies 14 or Showplace 16. If you buy the new LOTR Expanded Edition it comes with a free ticket to see the movie. And I heard Super Target has it for under 30 for a 4 disk set

14. mercsailor

mercsailor Jedi Master star 2

Apr 18, 2002
    I'd be all about coming out, but I won't be home until after Christmas... No fun stuff in South Bend for me, it seems

15. Yakadoo42

Yakadoo42 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2002
    fun in South Bend?...I'm not sure I've ever had that [face_clown]

16. mercsailor

mercsailor Jedi Master star 2

Apr 18, 2002
    I'm sure I have had at one point or another... course.. I only lived there like a year...

17. Yakadoo42

Yakadoo42 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2002
    I'm a 12 yr veteran of Mishawaka:) I guess it has had its moments.

18. Darth_Vegeta

Jan 3, 2001
    I may be up for the Two Towers...might even be able to bring a few people with. It starts during finals though, so that's a big maybe.

19. Jenson_Cole

Jun 20, 2002
    Coolness. One thing I'll try to hold to is this policy. Any meetings or get togethers that will be considered official I'll try to give 2-3 weeks advanced notice before we meet. Reason being is so all of us that are working can arange something with our boss and most jobs require a minimum of 2 weeks notice.

How's that sound?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.