main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Motivational Thread

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by FenigDurak, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I am just so... freaking ... frustrated. And mad. And ... yeah.

I've been picking up on exercise the past two weeks or more. I really have. It's all in the form of walking and jogging, with a couple of serious sweat-pouring-down-my-face treadmill sessions. Every day I go at least a mile, more often 2-4 miles.

And what happens? The first week I finally lost a pound, and thought I was finally getting somewhere. The second week? I gained back two pounds. I'm on a diet that's freaking repressive, only occasionally straying off it a little. I'm miserable on it. I'm exercising, certainly more than I was before. And for this I gain weight?

I'm sorry for throwing a tantrum, but I am just so freaking mad and discouraged. I'm not asking to lose huge amounts of weight. I just want to lose a little bit - 10 lbs to start - to get back to where I used to be. I'm ok if it is slow, as long as I am moving forward. Instead I am gaining weight. What the heck do I have to do? Fast, no food at all? Exercise 4 hrs a day than the 40-80min I've been doing during the week? What?? :mad:

2. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    You could be gaining muscle mass. When you start getting these kinds of results I would completely ignore the scale and instead focus on a few other measurements. First, are you getting fitter? Can you work a little longer and harder than you have before? Second take some measurements with a tape measure and see if those are decreasing or increasing.

It can get really frustrating when you see those nubmers on the scale go up. There will always be some fluxuation depending on how much water you've drank etc, but don't get discouraged! Are you feeling more fit? Because that's all that you really need to worry about. Now in a couple months if you haven't lost anything then you might want to check in with your doctor.

3. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
    That stinks! Sounds like you're already doing it right.

4. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    after today's food coma...i am going to only be eating at home non-processed and natural foods at least until starfest...and if the weather holds out...going for walks at least.

i feel like i gained 10 lbs this week!!!

5. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    I don't know that I feel all that much fitter. Maybe slightly better on the jogging - that, or I'm just pushing harder. I haven't tried measurements, but I don't feel thinner and my jeans aren't any looser. I'll keep trying. [face_tired]

6. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    I just found the 30 Shred DVD that RDT was talking about, at costco for only 7.99. Figure I might as well pick it up and give it a try.