main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New TCG card....

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: TCG' started by Peacekeeper, Jul 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peacekeeper

Peacekeeper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 29, 2001
    "The Jedi Council doesn?t need to control two arenas to beat the Dark Side thanks to the new 0-build-cost Mission card, Jedi Council Quorum, which reads: ?When this turn ends, if you have 7 or more Council Members in any arena or build zone, you win the game.? To help with this, the mission card aptly named "Gather the Council", allows a player-for 5 build points-to search his or her deck to pull out any number of different Council Members, gaining 1 Force for each. With some Council Members build costs being as low as 3 and 4, the Light Side can get the quorum assembled and win the game before the Dark Side knows what hit it."

looks like the light side has a very nice card... 0 build pts for a mission card...

2. Jedi_Benji

Jedi_Benji Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2002
    Interesting, whats your source?

3. Jedi_Natalie

Jedi_Natalie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    It was in the Star Wars Insider and posted on TheForce.net. This is most likely why we are seeing the Slave I with accuracy 2 be able to attack characters - how else could you counteract that card? The light side is already powerful - so maybe overkill will be given more heavily to the dark side to also counteract it. It just seems almost to powerful - but maybe it is harder than it seems to accomplish we'll have to wait and see.

Jedi_Benji - looks like you've got a title now too :p - we're making our way up on these boards :)

4. Bacabachaui

Bacabachaui Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    LS is already pretty heavy in good space units. Luke on his X-wing B or both X-wing squads will smoke Boba on Slave 1 pretty quick. DS will have to really protect him using up other resources.

So while it will be a cool combo, it will not be a total sweep for the DS.

Have you guys noticed the other spoilers on this set (mostly in the article)?

1)Units that attack units in the build zone.
    2)Units in the build zone that attack or affect the battle arenas.
    3)Cards that move arenas during battle.
    4)Cards that can be built during battle.

Lotsa fun changes for this game. It is getting more "complex" while staying simple enough to not have be a total braniac to play.

Then there will be a new card type with the ESB set. Pretty cool stuff happening.

5. katha

katha Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 30, 2002
    slightly off topic but valid question.. what/who is on the cover of the new Insider and what's the issue number.. I renewed my subscription at the end of May but I haven't receive a new insider in a while.

6. Jedi_Benji

Jedi_Benji Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2002
    Jedi_Benji - looks like you've got a title now too - we're making our way up on these boards

Yeep, we'll run the forums soon ;)

And im also wanting to know the cover of the insider, im pretty sure i can get one :D

7. Bacabachaui

Bacabachaui Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.