main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Madison, WI Next foray?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by ToxicNed, Oct 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ROGUE_NINER

ROGUE_NINER Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 2002
    I was looking forward to going too, but oh well. If anyone wishs to see me, you can see me preform in the choirs at MATC in a few weeks

2. Azzgunther

Azzgunther Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    So when is the next bash and how many people are in the Madison FF?

I'm from Middleton and might be interested in joining the Madison FF. I just have to figure out what my schedule looks like for next semester. I assume it'll be busy...but...no reason not to join up witch ya'll.

3. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    That's a darned good question... I think things are a little busy for all of us thus far with the holidays looming near. We may be able to squeeze a little something in before the Christmas season is in full swing. But that's for everyone else to say. :D

Thus far, there's four of us in the FF group with others from other FF groups that attend, and we're looking to expand our group to be a larger bunch. You're always welcome to join us Azz. And let me know if you need a ride to the next bash. I live in Middleton also.

4. Azzgunther

Mar 7, 2002
    Nice.

What have you all done so far? I read a little bit about the old threads and noticed filmcon and ultrazone...anything else that was noteworthy thusfar?

5. ToxicNed

May 2, 2002
    Well, we are pretty new... We became official in September or October, so we haven't done much. We do have Vader coming to Madison during his tour of the US, and probably more things coming up later on. Just with the holidays things are slowing down a bit. Also it's not just my ideas for any events, but ideas can be proposed by anyone.

6. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    One of these times I'm going to make one of these things.
    The last few weeks have been busy, getting ready for my concerts on Wed. the 4th and Sunday the 8th at MATC and then my classes are wraping up. I so cant wait for a break

7. Azzgunther

Mar 7, 2002
    Vader's touring the U.S.? Darth??? I thought he died in RotJ?

Anyway, who is this Vader?

8. Azzgunther

Mar 7, 2002
    Vader's touring the U.S.? Darth??? I thought he died in RotJ?

Anyway, who is this Vader?

9. Rick_Sith

Rick_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002
    Yes

and

Yes
    :D

There is a photo op with a large cutout of Darth Vader.
    When he is to arrive, I'm not sure, but when he does, we are gonna have fun with him.
    From what I hear, he's a party animal and still has some smooth moves on the dance floor. :D

10. ToxicNed

May 2, 2002
    There is a photo op with a large cutout of Darth Vader.
    When he is to arrive, I'm not sure, but when he does, we are gonna have fun with him.

Ummmm, I was under the impression that it was one of the 9" or 12" figures... :eek:

11. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    Really? Maybe I'm wrong and you are right?

:: Looks around :: Now where is that link to that site again that tells about this thing?

12. Bishop76

Bishop76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Jon's right. It's a 12" Vader.

Jeff

13. Azzgunther

Mar 7, 2002
    Well...he parties like he's 72 inches tall. Give him a chance.

So...huh...what's the significance of this mini-vader then...a fan force emblem to be passed from FF to FF?

14. ToxicNed

May 2, 2002
    We stick him in your bed and don't tell you, then take a picture when you find him in there, suddenly aware of his presence. :D

And actually, the info is referenced in here.

15. Azzgunther

Mar 7, 2002
    Eh...having trouble finding info on that mini-Vader...I'll keep looking though. The link didn't have anything aboot him.

So...is the Madison FF official official or just official? Cuz at fanforce.net it's not listed as a Midwest chapter. Only Milwookie is. *shrug*

16. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    We should be listed :: looks at our CR :: :(

We have been official for several months now.

The Vader is passed from FF Chapter to FF Chapter to be photographed next to that city's more "famous" sites.
    If we do it right, he will look actual size next to these buildings/sites. :D
    Another thing would be to take a picture of him next to a pitcher of beer and call it a Mad Ison Bacta Tank. :D
    We can do whatever we want, as long as he isn't mutilized.

I think we need to get a meeting together, Mr. CR, just to inform some of the newer people.

17. ToxicNed

May 2, 2002
    Don't look at me. That page hasn't been updated since September 7th if I recall correctly. Blame it on the ones updating the main page.

And yes Azz, we are official official.

Dagnabit... that link is no longer valid. =\

18. lady_tundra

lady_tundra Jedi Youngling

Dec 4, 2002
    I wouldn't mind a meeting... although then I'd actually have to make an appearance. *hides behind her Boba Fett stand up* :D

ladytundra

19. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    Maybe I'll make the next one. Then again I might have a tree fall on me or the ground will open up and swallow me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.