main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

!!!!!!!!!!!November Activity!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Salt Lake City, UT' started by Marold, Aug 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    Whoever would like to plan and host the event this month, please let me know.

2. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    It has been suggested that we have a meet and greet for November. Everyone would bring something edible to share with the group and then get to know more about each other. We've had a few new faces over the past few months and it would be great for the new and the old to get to know one another again.

If someone would like to house the event please let me know, or post it here.

3. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    It has been suggested that we have an unhalloween party and a potluck meet and greet. Why not throw the two together and do a costumed party potluck. This way you can show off the costumes you've made and people can rave about your culinary masterpieces, or the great packaging job your food came in. ;)

When would you like to have this even held and who would like to house the event?

4. Jedi_Tru

Jedi_Tru Jedi Youngling

Oct 13, 2005
    I love the idea, and it would be awesome to meet everyone, however we've got a small apartment with NO ROOM! I'm getting that this sort of thing is kind of an across the board problem. Does anyone go to the U? If so, they would be able to request one of the big classrooms from a building like EMCB with parking nearby and we could do the party on a weekend or weeknight there. Not as "homey" an atmosphere, but we'd be able to fit! Too bad the weather is awful or we could have tried Sugarhouse Park or Lincoln Park. Anyone else have ideas on where to meet? Once the where is nailed down, the when is pretty easy to come up with.

Trogdor strikes again!

5. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    We have a place to meet at. Sorry it's taken so long for me to get back with you all. I got a little swamped with midterms and then work conventions and things of that sort. So much fun I tell you.

Anywho. The event this month will be this Saturday the 19. I'm not sure on the time yet but I will post it as soon as I possibly can. I'll also let you know about where it's at as well.

6. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    The activity will be held this Saturday at 7:00 pm. The address of the event is Room 119, Marriott Residence Inn, 300 W 300 S.

You might have to park on the street so make sure to lock your cars. Don't forget, it is a potluck so please bring something for everyone to share. Now with it being an unhalloween party, does that mean people have to dress up? It's up to you if you choose to, fine, if not it's fine as well.

I hope to see as many of you there as possible. Hmmm... should we bring games? Or no?

7. Amber_eyes

Amber_eyes Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 22, 2001
    How long is it planned to last? I get off work at 10pm & if it's still going on I could stop by. (wouldn't be able to bring any food tho. Sorry)

8. Croker_Da_Chris

Croker_Da_Chris Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2005
    Not sure?? I guess it depends on how many people turn up and when people start to leave...

Chris

9. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Wait, we're supposed to leave? o_O

10. Shadow_Wolf_3882

Shadow_Wolf_3882 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 5, 2004
    I say some games, but that's just me...and I think it would be a good thing to leave....eventually. As in after 4 or 5 hours.

11. weemansith

weemansith Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 24, 2005
    So is anyone going to dress up?? I was thinking about it and I wouldn't want to be the only one and feel like a dweeb!

12. saberwielder76

saberwielder76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 13, 2001
    I was thinking about it, but doubt that I will dress up.

In fact, it's iffy that I will be there at all. I've been fighting a nasty cold all week and it doesn't seem to be getting any better. I'll try to make it, but it depends on how I feel.

13. Jedi_Noghri

Jedi_Noghri Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 17, 2004
    I can't make it. Sorry.

14. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    FYI, I posted this at FanForce.net for you guys!

15. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    I had a great time at the activity and I wanted to thank Chris once again for hosting it for us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.