main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD November weekend away

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Kahlan72, Oct 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magnus_Darcrider

Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2005
    It's not the years, it's the mileage :p

Anyway, I'm MCing a Wedding that Saturday, so the whole weekend's kind of a wash; Friday night preparation, Sunday hangover and awkward apologies to anyone I've offended...

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

2. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    It's THIS WEEK!

Less than 3 days away.

THANK GOODNESS FOR THAT!

Really wasn't gonna survive the rest of the time til Christmas without some rest and relaxation.

It's supposed to rain Friday, Saturday unfortunately, so I intend on bringing books to read, drinks to drink and games to play..and it may be I do nothing but drink, swim and read this weekend..so forgive me if I'm a slothlike creature.

Reminders:

BRING linen for the type of bed you have, including pillow cases. And a bath towel.
    Oh and movies..bring movies!

Bring your own food.

It's long way from the garages to the front of the house, but from what I can tell, you can drive up to it..so I guess drive up, unload the car and then back out to the garage or road.

If you can't find us when you arrive, we'll be drunk at the bottom of the pool. Please check.

And see yas Friday.

Anyone else wanting a lift up on Friday, we'll be leaving just after 9 after the padawan gets dumped..umm dropped at school.

:)

3. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Swimming in the rain is fun, so if that's the situation, that's what I intend to do. So there.

4. HappyBob

HappyBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Singing in the rain is also encouraged.

I won't be able to make the first night, but I'll aim to get there before lunchtime Saturday. Really looking forward to it.

5. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    Well, I've gone and procured a bucket and spade, so I indend on spending at least a little time at the beach making sand castles and attempting (most likely failing at) sand scultures. But it'll be fun, aye? [face_peace]

6. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    I'm with you in the sand sculpture making Morgs. Always fun. I vote we make a dalek,

7. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    Dalek sounds cool!

Have started packing, put in, games wise; Roborally, Viking Chess, Pirate game, Man Bites Dog. I also added: Starship troopers, Hot Fuzz, Iron Man, Transformers and Thank you for smoking as DVDs.

Rachael

8. RoGuE_StreaK

RoGuE_StreaK Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 24, 2005
    Just in case, someone (Kahlan/Goobs?) PM me a contact number, in the off-chance that we're at a loss for something to do Sunday arvo/night. Doubtful, but may as well get a contact.

9. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    I vote that this is an excellent vote. (See also, "Seconded.")

10. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    YEY. That is all.

Well not really.

Last minute stuff..

Bring a roll of toilet paper each. These places never keep enough.
    It's gonna vary between rainy and windy and really hot, so bring a jumper, and a hat.
    ..Trying to find our sunscreen.

"yes Mum"

That's about all I can think of.

Movies: I'm gonna bring Fifth Element, The Incedibles, Holy Grail, Best of u2, and stardust.

Also bringing the playstation and both lego star wars games and Kingdom Hearts.

I think we're gonna need 2 cars!

See you's all soon.

ABOUT FREAKIN TIME!

11. Lozza

Lozza Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    I'm going to be bringing some leftover cheese cake shop mudcake.

Kinda sounds odd I know, but my parents were entertaining relatives and they ate only 1/4 of the cake. My parents palmed it off on me saying they couldn't eat it. Since I can't eat it on my own I'm bringing it to share.

Other than that, Kahlan, was going to get that money to you today but my bank can take up to 48 hrs to process payments to "new accounts". Figured it'd probably just be quicker to give you the cash when I get there tomorrow.

12. HappyBob

HappyBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Slight complication: I might not have car access after all. I'll have to wait until tonight before I can weigh up my options. I might get aquainted with a good book over long distance public transport on Saturday morning. I might get to drive after all. Or, as much as I hate to say it, I might have to give it a miss. I'll do what I can. Fingers crossed.

13. Lozza

Feb 8, 2005
    Things left that don't bolong to me:

Kahlan- chocolate and vodka
    Goobs- tim-tams

Unknown- green shopping bag thing
    Unknown- socks (female)
    Unknown- packet of twisties

Please let me know what belongs to you so I can make arrangements to get it back to you. Goobs, Kahlan give me a day and I can drop your stuff around or you can pick it up.

14. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    I think the twisties are ours, but we're not worried about immediate retrieval :p

15. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Thanks Lozz. Only the vodka is ours.

I feel relaxed but somewhat tired after the weekend. Not sure why. Reality of not being able to JUST STAY there perhaps.

Thanks for the company and fun times.

Beuatiful world

16. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    It was great. Just wish it had been for longer.

Big thanks as before to K and G for organising the whole deal. When's the next one?

17. Lozza

Feb 8, 2005
    I know the tim-tams are Goobs, and I was 100% certain that the leftover block of plain chocolate was yours... If it isn't, whose is it?

18. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Wel I guess whatever isn't claimed is yours Lozz :)

I ate a block and took a block home, so chocky isn't mine, and you're probably right about Goob's Tim Tams. I'll leave it up to him to claim them.

19. Lozza

Feb 8, 2005
    I suppose I need to clarify, it isn't an entire block, it's about a 3rd. I figured since chocolate is chocolate, whoever it belongs to maybe wouldn't want it left behind. It is cabury plain milk chocolate. I don't eat plain chocolate so if someone doesn't claim it it will go in the bin.

Oh one other thing, someone took off with my carrots. Kind of trivial I suppose given they are cheap.

And the socks, any of the ladies claiming the socks or do I just throw them out?
    Same with the green shopping bag. It is "Action" branded.

20. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Can you describe the socks? I don't think their mine, but an idea of what they look like might say otherwise.

21. Lozza

Feb 8, 2005
    Socks: Female, white, ankle-type.

EDIT: I also have a full (unopened) packet of garlic bread.

22. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Man, we did leave some stuff behind between us all. Being last to leave does have that disadvantage on occasion..

Well a third of a block might be mine..throw it out though.
    Garlic bread was probably ours too, remember Goobs packing some. Yours to eat or throw.

And I believe I'm responsible for the carrot demise!! I thought they were Rach and Tims as I remembered them discussing carrots that had frozen, and I checked them when I was packing and some were quite frozen, so I chucked em. Apologies. Will reimburse carrots when the situation allows :) Gees a sentence I thought I'd never have need of!

They really needed a bigger fridge in a holiday house like that!

Think the socks might be Kits.

23. Lozza

Feb 8, 2005
    No need to reimburse the carrots. Just that well, they weren't there on Sunday eve when I wanted carrots and dip :S

24. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Tim Tams and Garlic bread (3 pack?) you can have Loz, just pace yourself on the Tim Tams ;)

Really had a good time.
    Goobs 14, Driveway 1. Proud of that.

25. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Am already considering when we can do the next weekend! Gods give us a way to get through the working week!

Anyone have any thoughts... cheaper would be better for us this time

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.