main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NR election

Discussion in 'Literature' started by ValinHalcyon, Oct 26, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rokangus

Rokangus Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 18, 2000
    To say they used to support the Empire has no basis whatsoever. The Borsk Campaign complains of false accusations and then throws them right back into the public's face. What kind of fools do they think we are? It is well known that both Leia and Winter fought hard on the side of the Rebel Alliance once it was clear that the Empire no longer served the benefit of the galaxy, but rather the dark needs of it's Sith Overlord.

Winter was present during one of the initial meetings of the separate Rebel groups, before they joined to become the Rebel Alliance. early on she threw her support over to the cause of what would become the New Republic.

Winter was also key in the eventual overthrow of the Empire from Coruscant. She was one of the intelligence operatives sent there along with members from Rogue Squadron to wrest the Imperials from control of the Galactic government. Without her Coruscant may have fallen much later, and with much more bloodshed.

What has Borsk done for the New Republic, besides mire it with so-called "misunderstandings" and "misjudgedments"? There is no doubt that Borsk is a 'smooth operator' when it comes to greasing the servos of the Senate, but is that what you want in a leader.

Who cares about political experience if the person in charge is more concerned about themselves, than the public?

Do not be confused by disinformation. The New Republic still has the tapes of Borsk's self-announced bid for the position of Commander of the military forces to Princess Leia during the battle for the Katana fleet. A bid in which he distinctly stated he sought Ackbar's position, and he didn't care who he hurt to get it. it was only when the rest of the crew aboard that ship heard this from Fey'lya's own mouth via the comm system, that Borsk's little coup fell apart. I say, the New Republic should release these tapes for public consumption, so that the people may see for themselves what kind a leader Borsk truly is.

For the Survival of the New Republic. Vote Winter.

(Brought to you by the Unofficial Winter Campaign Committee)

2. Commander__Wright

Commander__Wright Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 1, 2000
    While I don't particularly like any of these choices, I EXTREMELY dislike Borsk. Down with Borsk. Leia doesn't need the job. she has enough to do already and she never sees her family. I don't think Ackbar or Wedge or Winter would accept, but I'll go with Winter.

One more thing. To piett_clone, how could you even think of voting for Lando?

Winter Celchu 2000

3. GrandAdmiralCaesar

GrandAdmiralCaesar Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 10, 2000
    But they where not false accusations, they did at one point serve the empire. And those tapes were doctored up to ruin Borsk's honorable position. They where made by anti-Fey'lya zealots eager to ruin him. Fey'lya cares very much for Ackbar and would NEVER do anything to hurt him, his job, or ANY innocent being. He was also with the rebellion through and through from the begining.

And for those voting against Borsk because of there dislike of his personality, remember this is not a popularity contest.

VOTE FEY'LYA 2000
    'cause we care about YOU!

4. Defel Seven

Defel Seven Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 1999
    Winter is the one for the job. She is by far the best qualified for the job of Chief of State. Ackbar is retired, do you really think he'll want to come back? Even if he does, make him admiral of the fleet! Same goes for Wedge. Borsk Fey'lya has proved time and again that he can't make the right decision. In the middle of a crisis he always is in the middle of the biggest screw-up. i.e. accusing Ackbar of treason during the Thrawn crisis, refusing to believe in the threat of the Yuuzhan Vong until it was nearly too late, etc. Leia was a great Chief of State, that's true, but she's through with that. Being Chief of State was always a great constraint on her character development.

VOTE WINTER CELCHU!!!

5. Piett_clone

Piett_clone Jedi Youngling star 3

May 20, 2000
    To Commander_Wright:
    Just for You, my friend.

VOTE CALRISSIAN 2000!!!!

6. Rokangus

Oct 18, 2000
    We at the Unofficial Winter Campaign Committee have brought the world famous explorer, The Crocodile Hunter, here to voice his opinion on the NR election:

CROCODILE HUNTER:
    (note:heavy Australian accent)
    G'day mates! Crocodile 'Unter 'ere to share with y'all my humble impressions of that wonderful lass, Winter.

Anyway, so one day I finds meself on the luvly planet of Dathomir tracking the rare Pygmy Rancors. Vicious liddle buggers mind you; they're nearly twice as fierce as their larger cousins, dontcha know.

So I sees a couple of mothers defendin' their liddle young 'uns, right? Now when dealing with the Pygmy Rancors, you gotta remember that they're really protective of their young. Absolutely won't take no guff from no one.

So I figure I just hop right in the middle of 'em an' all, you know kinda get to know the liddle buggers.

So I haves me arm around the neck of one of 'em in a headlock like, y'see. And I was saying to 'er, "That's right, girl! You have a right to be angry!", when I thoght to meself, "Self, that dear lass of a girl Winter would make an abolutely spiffin' Chief o' Staff, wot?"

And I thinkin' bout it, and I'm thinkin' bout it it. Y'see, Winter ain't all that different from the delightful chums, the Pygmy Rancors, *behaviorally* speakin' course. Don't mean she looks like a bally rancor, mind you, whoa no. But she won't let no crazy joe like meself mess with the New Republic. Why I'm sure she give 'em a piece o' her mind, by gum.

So afore I goes back to bravin' the wilds and explorin' and such, I want to 'ncourage all you out there ta vote fo' that lass, Winter. She won't steer ya wrong, you can take tha word o' the Crocodile 'Unter on that'n!

And make sure all you bally folks out there watch me show on the holonet at the Intahgalactic Discov'ry Chann'l. Thank'ee mates! G'day t'ya!

Thank you Crocodile Hunter. Our hats go off to you, mate.

Vote Winter.

(Brought to you by the Unofficial Winter Campaign Committee)

7. G'rfeeld Mandrell

G'rfeeld Mandrell Jedi Master star 1

Feb 12, 2000
    Everybody beside Borsk Fey'lya is retired of politics, they lost the contact with you, the most important part of the Republic, the people. The senate support Fey'lya also, he is the one they think will lead us all the best. Borsk wants a united New Republic, not a Republic ruled by a closed group of elite, not a New Empire, and he will do all that for YOU!

Borsk Fey'lya, the progressive-conservative candidate, care about YOU! Show your support for the one who will help you with his social policy.

8. Jarik

Jarik Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 21, 2000
    GrandAdmiralCaesar.....
    "However, are you to trust the reports of 5 people or an entire senate."

THE SENATE WASN'T THERE. THE 5 PEOPLE WERE. And those 5 are pretty damn respectable. Former chief of state, Jedi Master, ex-general, ex-general, and someone else.(can't remember who.) You're starting to sound like Borsk. You're twisting words including quotes from Borsk to make him sound better.

Borsk has his own agenda - getting what he wants when he wants at everybody else's expense.

9. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    Borsk has his finger on the politics. Winter and Acbar are in retirement homes. Leia is easily influenced

VOTE BORSK!
    He'd vote for you :)

10. Yarua Of Kashyyyk

Yarua Of Kashyyyk Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2000
    "This is outrageous! We demand a commission be sent to Naboo to..."

Whoops. Wrong election...

This smear campaign against Leia Organa Solo is dreadful. As most supporters of the Celchu campaign have attested, Ms Celchu has gained her experience as Councillor Organa Solo's aide. Therefore, Councillor Organa Solo still has more experience in the political arena.

Ms Celchu may not be able to forget the galaxy's plights...but with her at it's helm, the New Republic may want to forget her.

VOTE 1 FOR LEIA ORGANA SOLO

11. Rokangus

Oct 18, 2000
    Vote for Borsk because he would vote for you?

That's so out of character I can't tell if we're even talking about the same person.

12. ValinHalcyon

ValinHalcyon Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 31, 2000
    i hate having to say this again all you people who keep saying i vote for Paelleon, or Lando or Chewie, or whoever, you needed to be one of the first five nominations the only choices are

Leia
    Ackbar
    Wedge
    Borsk(dont vote for him)
    Winter(vote for her)

13. GrandAdmiralCaesar

Oct 10, 2000
    You constantly speak of Borsk doing a terrible Job of managing the campaign against the Yuuzhan Vong. The majority of people AND the senate think he is doing a great job. But for those who disagree and continue to attack him for his managment skills, I have one question for you. What has Winter done to fight the Yuuzhan Vong that would make her a better leader against them? I have asked these questions many times and I want an answer. Just remember who was on board a crusier at the battle of ithor risking his life in defense of the republic.

VOTE FEY'LYA 2000

14. ValinHalcyon

Aug 31, 2000
    Just remember What Borsk said at the battle for the Katanna fleet, on comm to all pilots.

15. G'rfeeld Mandrell

Feb 12, 2000
    It's time for Leia to fade away of the power, she must continutes her career as a Jedi, not as the President!!

Ackbar is a retired admiral, he is disconnected of the needs of the people. Because of that, he should stay at his house on Mon Calamari and enjoy all the time he could, he earned his retirement, he should use it.

Wedge is a military general and his diplomatic skills aren't good, he said so himself, that's why he is better with Rogue Squadron than in the gouvernement, he wouldn't know how to handle the crisis concerning you. And he have no interest in the position.

Winter was the assistant of Leia, maybe that give her experience, but being an assistant she worked in shadows, helping somebody, not being in the front taking care of all. She doesn't have enough experience in the real politic to handle it. She has better qualifications to be a secretary or councilor than president.

Borsk Fey'lya worked with the Republic as a councilor since the begining. He worked in many departments and he knows how the Republic works! His experience will help him in taking the decision for the people, for YOU! He wants an united Republic that care about it's citizens!

16. GrandAdmiralCaesar

Oct 10, 2000
    HE didn't actullay say that. Some anti- Fey'lya person(s) doctored up false tapes to incriminate him.

17. ValinHalcyon

Aug 31, 2000
    he doesn't even care about his warriors let alone his citizens

18. ValinHalcyon

Aug 31, 2000
    liar! there is no soft money in this election so back off!

19. GrandAdmiralCaesar

Oct 10, 2000
    I still want an answer as to why Winter has had no involvement in the campaign against the Yuuzhan Vong.

20. ValinHalcyon

Aug 31, 2000
    because, she is busy, Chalcocould do a better job than Borsk!

21. Yarua Of Kashyyyk

Yarua Of Kashyyyk Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2000
    "Chalco could do a better job than Borsk"

ROTFLMAO!

22. GrandAdmiralCaesar

Oct 10, 2000
    who said anything about soft money? I just said the independent council found that WInter had been trading sex for promotions that's all, and Winter being "busy" is no excuse for letting innocents die.

VOTE FEY'LYA 2000

23. ValinHalcyon

Aug 31, 2000
    the part about it being a lie that borsk said what he did at the battle for the Katana fleet

An independant council found Borsk is actually a woman!

24. GrandAdmiralCaesar

Oct 10, 2000
    I can't believe you would resort to calling my boss a woman! To become so condescending and revert to name calling just shows how far YOU are willing to go to win the election.

25. G'rfeeld Mandrell

Feb 12, 2000
    Why the creator of this tread, making him the director of the election, isn't impartial? He clearly shows support to Winter, and it isn't a good behavior for a official. The director of the election should remain impartial to the end and just watch that the votes are goods and legals. He shouldn't promote Winter. Is he trying to fix the elections?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.