main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSPCC screening - May 17th - feedback and pics

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by han1977, Jun 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. han1977

han1977 Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2005
    1st post, hi everyone. I was at the marathon on 16 May - what a day. Incredible. But I didn't go to the NSPCC screening on 17 May. Just wondered what it was like - what did A Daniels say. Any pics or video of it?
    Thanks.

2. Raj_Vader

Raj_Vader Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2005
    Hi - I went to the NSPCC thing, and to be honest was a little disappointed, but only 'cos I was still living the marathon! Having stormtroopers checking my ID actually seemed normal to me that day...!

AD was cool - didn't say anything too interesting, except for the fact that he had the first line in ANH and the last line in ROTS - he 'was honoured'. Must admit, never really realised how camp the guy was until that day...! [face_blush] :D

Didn't get to meet him unfortunately - they sat us down, then he came onto stage, did his speil, picked some lottery tickets out of a Darth Vader helmet - prizes were a poster, a crew t-shirt and a lightsaber (not sure about that one!) I believe. I assumed we'd be able to meet him at the end, but we were basically shoved out of the fire exit! :(

Odeon guys were quite strict about taking cameras into the cinema - more so than Empire on the 16th, which made me laugh quite a bit! they were searching bags and patted a few people down. The best thing is, I walked in with my camera in my hand! The guy searching me was too busy opening the various pockets on my bag to notice I was holding it :p

All in all, was 'insignificant compared to the power of the Marathon', but judging form the reaction of the fans that were seeing it for the first time, they loved it. :)

3. han1977

han1977 Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2005
    Thanks for the update Raj. I was wondering how it had gone and hadn't seen any reports on it.

I can certainly see how it would seem different compared to the marathon - I think we all are still living that day!

Very interesting that they were more strict on cameras. Leading up to the marathon, even with the assurances that cameras would be ok inbetween films at Empire, I guess we were all thinking what would happen on the day itself. In the end I was very happy with how we were treated at the Empire. They let us enjoy ourselves and just be fans.

Shame that people couldn't get to meet AD at the end of the NSPCC screening though. I figured with it being a charity screening that it would be more laid back but I guess not. I mean, I got to meet George and Rick after Ep 3 at the marathon, so would have assumed getting to AD wouldn't be a problem.

Seems to me that LFL made a real effort with making sure the marathon was very fan friendly - maybe the staff there had been given some instructions on being nice to us all lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.