main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Obi-Wan Kenobi: v4 Fan Club a/k/a Appreciation Society

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Valairy Scot, Sep 4, 2012.

1. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    I didn't mean to go way off topic about h/c :/ Sorry about that, but thanks for the picture

2. FARK2005

FARK2005 Jedi Master star 2

Sep 3, 2012
    That's one lucky teddy bear...

3. roguegirl

roguegirl Jedi Master star 4

Aug 29, 2001
    I want that teddy bear.and I also want the holder of that teddy bear.:)

Eryndil likes this.
  4. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    [face_laugh] cute!

5. laloga

laloga Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 28, 2011
    Adorable pic!

I think that - with regards to the h/c - it's all about balance, as serendipityaey said. There seems to be a lack of balance in TCW sometimes, with too much emphasis being placed on action and not enough on character development, though this season has bolstered my opinion of the show. :) There is no darkness without light, after all. ;)

serendipityaey likes this.
  6. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    I agree this season has had some good Obi moments. Maybe not a ton, but that's okay. It's very nice and I'm really looking forward to seeing what's coming up.

Writing has been so off and on lately, it can be frustrating. I'm slowly trying to work ahead, it's just going very slow. Maybe some good Obi eps will get the muse going. There's just never enough good Obi out there ;) But I posted today! So a little Obi-Wan out there... I hope after the holidays I can get back on somewhat of a schedule.

laloga likes this.
  7. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    And post you did - such a sweet chapter! Write what you know, "they" say - and you know this; what you know just shines in your stories. Very human and very real - everyone hurry up and go read Ash's newest chapter.

laloga and serendipityaey like this.
  8. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    Hey...

Ash, I'll try to get by and read your chapter soon...maybe later tonight...as well as some more of Val's story.

Thought I was going to have some time this evening to work on my next chapter, but it didn't happen. My next best opportunity will be Fri (Hubby will be working until late)...and with my schedule running earlier this week (home before 5) I should have quite a bit of time for writing and reading...:)

laloga and serendipityaey like this.
  9. ruth baulding

ruth baulding Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Just replying so I can look at the photo again.
    Very niiiiice. Bear. Nice bear. Yes.

Eryndil and obimom like this.
  10. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    You know, I never thought much one way or the other about teddy bears before... but now I suddenly have a hankering to go to Build A Bear Workshop. It's similar to what happened to my lackadaisical attitude towards chickens, which was transformed to raving poultry enthusiasm by this picture:
    [​IMG]
    The power of suggestion. Almost as good as a mind trick.

obimom likes this.
  11. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Thanks Val! :D That's very nice to hear. The more recent stuff I've been writing with Mir older... definitely a lot harder. Updates might be slow coming in the future as I wait for my own daughter to 'teach' me :p

But I quite enjoy trying to tap into the human side of Obi :)

Deb, like Val, I think you've read this one on ffn before, just so you know. If you'd like, I hope you might enjoy it a second time, though :) But Val's latest chapter was great! I might just wait for her in depth versions instead of watching TCW :D

laloga likes this.
  12. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    [​IMG]

obimom likes this.
  13. roguegirl

Aug 29, 2001
    What set him off laughing? He's one jolly fellow.

obimom likes this.
  14. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    He's so funny...[face_laugh]

And cute.

15. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    OH, I just had a thought. What if someone took our young Padawan Obi-Wan and placed the bear with him somehow, and then posted that pic next to the one above...

too mushy? Maybe, but it would be adorable [face_laugh]

serendipityaey and Valairy Scot like this.
  16. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    Awwwww.... what would Master Qui-Gon say?????
    Surely security blankets and such are strictly forbidden in the Temple creche?
    Or is it like that common Health class assignment wherein they make the teenagers cart around a pretend baby for a week, in hopes of discouraging irresponsible indulgence in the Amorous Arts?
    "The Living Force is a good thing, Padawans... but not until you are old enough... err.. maybe never, that is...."

17. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Me, me! I volunteer to teach Amorous Arts to a class of one - Obi-Wan!

Plot bunny!

obimom, serendipityaey and laloga like this.
  18. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Hey all, just a reminder that Darth Maul comes back on The Clone Wars this week, and Obi-Wan is most likely to follow!

19. roguegirl

Aug 29, 2001
    with Darth Maul there,Obi should be there.Maul is after him.by the way,what's Anakin's thoughts on that developement? you know,Maul being back and after Obiwan?

20. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I don't think its ever been covered what Anakin's thoughts on that development is. He's probably annoyed he hasn't been dispatched to finish the Sith off and help Obi-Wan.. 'cos we all know Anakin is the Chosen One :p He probably thinks he is capable of finishing Maul off without breaking a sweat :p

obimom and Valairy Scot like this.
  21. Eryndil

Eryndil Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 18, 2012
    Does the Chosen One sweat? Surely someone as powerful as him would be fragrant and perspiration-free at all times. Or has Anakin yet to master the Force-Deodorant ability? :D

22. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    If Anakin can't master his attachments, how can he master the skill of Force-Deodorant? :p

ruth baulding and Valairy Scot like this.
  23. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    Oooh, oooh, oooh... thanks for the heads up! I might drag myself out of bed early if Obi-Wan is involved. Maybe this week's episode is just about Maul? Does anyone know more?

24. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    Yes, but does he need remedial tutoring or private /advanced/ instruction for the gifted student?

25. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    He uses Axxe brand, like all guys his age.
    Or Vibro-Axxe.

**** 1500 replies, Val ****

obimom likes this.