main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Obi-Wan Lightsaber

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Seir-Gen_Kintou, Jun 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seir-Gen_Kintou

Seir-Gen_Kintou Jedi Youngling

Jun 10, 2005
    Im sorry im new to the forms but im sure this had to be answered sometime, I have looked all over the internet. Well alot for the past few weeks and I am trying to find a good site that ives information on creating a Obi-Wan Kenobi Lightsaber from either episode I or episode III . To creat a good quality one, homemade, I have the tools and determination but looking for instrutions on what I need and how to put it together all by getting the parts at a local hardware store (home depot) or so. please help been looking for awhile and found an alright one but not good quality for a replica.

2. Drakonnen

Drakonnen Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    I'm not really sure you can get the parts at a hardware store.

The grip part, if I'm not mistaken, was made from some old style hand grenade.

You might want to check out www.parksabers.com, which produces sabers -similar- to the ones in the film, but does not advertise producing replicas, so I believe the link is allowed.

Parks sells a Saber Kit which has everything you need to make it. Of course, the kit does cost about the same as buying an a fully constructed "Avenger" Saber which looks -similar- to the Obi Wan Saber, and comes complete with the EL blade and all of that.

3. Seir-Gen_Kintou

Seir-Gen_Kintou Jedi Youngling

Jun 10, 2005
    Well http://members.aol.com/ctlawmore/naboo.htm gives instructions but doesnt look alot like the one in the movie. It has it flaws like the end tip and the handling grip and others, that would be fine the way it shows but does anyone know how to do the end instead of a painted foset knob like the one shown, A more realistic end tip like the one in episode I?

If you get what i am trying to say all help is appreciated

4. Sister_Sola

Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2002
    Welcome to Costuming and Props Seir-Gen_Kintou!

Please read our Welcome and thread index to familiarize yourself with our forum rules and to see a list of links to popular costume/props threads.

We have an existing thread on Obi-Wan's Lightsabre - please feel free to re-post your question in that thread, to keep all helpful information in one place. Thanks!

You might also want to check out these other sabre threads:

Lightsabers:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.