main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OCSWS KICK OFF TO SUMMER BEACH PARTY

Discussion in 'Archive: Mojave Desert, CA' started by SRB_Jedi_Knight, Apr 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SRB_Jedi_Knight

SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Greetings! I know there is still plenty of planning that we are doing on our end, but we will have things finalized at our May 4th meeting.

This invitation is going out to the following Fanforces: IE, Mojave, Ventura, SD and LA.

We the OCFF invite you to our KICK OFF TO SUMMER BEACH PARTY.

Date: Saturday June 7

Place: TBA SOON!

This will bean all day event from early morning about 10am until they close the beach. We will be providing lunch for everyone as well as the Hamburgers, hotdog and fixings for dinner. We will be having a bon-fire that evening as well and will have the fixing for smores.

We are only asking that those coming from other areas please help us out by bringing drinks or chips with them.

This should be a truly fun event for everyone involved and we should have a fairly large group. So please post here so we can start getting headcounts for who will be attending.

2. Mertroid

Mertroid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 29, 2002
    OH DARN IT! I am going to fly to California even sooner! :D
    A party! I love parties, and especially beach ones! :D

3. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    I am most sure that my parents would enjoy a nice day at the beach well I party... 8-}

4. JangoFett316

JangoFett316 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 2, 2001
  5. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Oh okay cool, if we can get out that way, it should be fun! :)

6. Mertroid

Jun 29, 2002
    Alright then I am so there! *goes to website to get tickets* :D

7. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    sounds cool :D . And you already know you have a place to stay when out this way. :)

8. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    Ok everyone. We will be finalizing the location this weekend. However I need an accurate headcount for this event as we need to do some shopping.

So please post if you will be attending and also how many friends or family members will be coming along with you.

9. JangoFett316

Oct 2, 2001
  10. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    I would need a ride, or perhaps I can talk my parents into going out that way to visit my sister well I do this event. :)

11. Mertroid

Jun 29, 2002
    Why thank you but I'm not coming in June and during school still. In July though... :D

12. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Why thank you but I'm not coming in June and during school still. In July though...

Oh, your going to miss this event that means then. :( :_| Oh well... 8-} *walks away*

13. Mertroid

Jun 29, 2002
    Yeah I know. :(
    Oh well. :D

14. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Perhaps another time then. :D

15. Mertroid

Jun 29, 2002
    Definitely! :D

16. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Okay sounds cool, okay so now for their tally count who here is going? It would be nice if as an FF all of us could go, yet that is kinda hard when only one of use can drive.

17. JangoFett316

Oct 2, 2001
  18. Mertroid

Jun 29, 2002
    *adds him to the list* There we go, all set [face_laugh]

19. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Okay good, thanks, I hope to see more into going to this. As our FF needs to be represented at this next event. I can try to go, but I may take summer school to get ahead of everybodty agian, so weekends may be difficult for me as those would be my only day off. But yes, I will try to go.

20. JangoFett316

Oct 2, 2001
  21. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    Ok everyone the location for the beach party has been finalized.

Huntington Beach (City Side) Beach Blvd entrance. Once you turn into the Beach Blvd entrance go to the right side of the beach. This is the city side of the beach; the cost for parking is $7.00 all day. Once you enter the city beach area you don?t have to go to far to find the tower location. We will be in the area of Tower 15. The party area will be located back near the fire pits. For landmarks to make sure you are in the right spot look for the following things; OCSWS Banner, The Beach Hut (snack stand) and bathrooms that are next door and the volleyball nets which are close by.

Time: 10:45 or 11:00 am until the beach closes

Date: Saturday June 7th.

Directions:

From San Diego:

Take the I-5 Northbound to the 55 FWY South towards Newport Beach, eventually this freeway will end just continue on after it ends until you come to Pacific Coast Hwy. Once you get to PCH make a right turn and heads towards Huntington Beach. At Beach Blvd make a left turn into the beach entrances. Once you?ve made the left go to the City Beach entrance, which is on the right side.

From the Inland Areas:

Take the 91 FWY westbound and merge onto the 55 FWY continue on this and eventually this freeway will end just continue on after it ends until you come to Pacific Coast Hwy. Once you get to PCH make a right turn and heads towards Huntington Beach. At Beach Blvd make a left turn into the beach entrances. Once you?ve made the left go to the City Beach entrance, which is on the right side.

From LA and Ventura County:

I hate to say this, but I am not familiar enough with your areas to include good directions.
    Just load the following intersection into mapquest and you should be fine.

Beach Blvd and Pacific Coast Highway
    Huntington Beach

Details:

We will be bringing the fixings for Dinner, which will include hamburgers, hotdogs, picnic salads and some sodas. We will also be having Subway way sandwiches provided for lunch. We request that members from other Fanforces help us out by bringing additional refreshments such as some sodas as well as some chips and dips. If you have any questions please post them here. Also in case anyone gets lost you can contact the OCSWS by pager and someone will call you back to make sure you are able to find it. The pager number is 714-268-9626.

22. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Thank-You for this info, but sadly :( I may not be able to go as I had hoped. But I wish you all loads of fun! :)

23. JangoFett316

Oct 2, 2001
  24. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Thats absoultly wonderful news, anyone else? :confused:

25. Mertroid

Jun 29, 2002
    OH I WANT TO GO! This is torture! That sounds like way too much fun! :_|

Thread Status: