main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Provo OCTOBER ACTIVITY

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by DarthIshtar, Sep 27, 2005.

1. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    All right, starting a little early. Thanks to everyone who came around for the one last Friday. It was great to see you. :)

Let's start throwing out ideas for october activities. Obviously, we could take the halloween route or something else.

2. LeiaTygre

LeiaTygre Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2002
    We could decorate (ie. paint or carve) some pumpkins and donate them to the childrens ward in a hospital. OR since the kids can't get up and trick-or-treat, we could dress up and go room to room and bring the goodies to them. Everybody could bring a package of individually wrapped candy, then we could mix it all together and buddy up. Then we'd go room to room and let the kids pick their candy. :)

3. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I rather like that idea. Any other thoughts?

4. kateydidnt

kateydidnt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    That sounds like a good idea, but would we be allowed to distribute goodies? In today's world...do they still allow that kind of thing?

As well...me and hospitals don't get along very well. I'm anaphylaxic to latex.

5. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I can call around and find out about places like UVRMC and such to see if they would allow that.

6. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    All right, here's what I've learned from the UVRMC. They could use people to do door decorations for the pediatrics ward or do tray favors (little treats for meals). I'm still waiting to hear back from the person in pediatrics, but the person at volunteer services is enthusiastic about that idea. She said that usually, because the parents are there 24/7, they discourage people just visiting and such.

7. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    OKAY! I have talked to Debbie, who is in charge of the pediatric unit at UVRMC and she says that it would be best if we came on Tuesday, the 25th, at 8 p.m. We will meet in the lobby at approximately that time (if you can't make it by then, call my cell phone 801-319-8468 and let us know when you arrive) and she will take us through security and up to the pediatric unit, where we will be decorating patients' doors. If you have magic markers and scissors, bring them. I'll be looking for construction paper and such.

8. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Well, unfortunately, everyone's schedule has dropped out from under them, so we can't do this tomorrow. Let me know if anyone wants to do something fun for Halloween or anyting before November.