main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

**OFFICAL C3 HOTEL PLANNING** **BIG UPDATE 4/14/05**

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by darth_hair, Feb 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anthonymaul

anthonymaul Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2004
    how much cargo are you talking?I can take seats out
    of the van.but that would make it a 5 pass.van

2. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    we were thinking if noone could take our stuff we could mail it to the hotel . but it seems there will be a few people driving , so im sure we could work something out with someone .

not sure i would want to rely on the us postal service with my armor . it might show up looking like broken white junk .

as far as prices go on the hotel rooms . i will post it as soon as i here it .

REMEMBER... this is plan b , plan a is still to get rooms from gen con when they release them . this will just insure we have rooms to begin with .

3. BerusBantha

BerusBantha Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 11, 2004
    I would like to ride in the caravan if there is a space for me. I have a van but don't really want to drive it. It is getting old and needs work. I would love it if I could get a seat with someone else or at least be a jawa in the big rig.

4. TK-4752

TK-4752 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 20, 2002
    I've been halfway keeping tabs on what's going on, and the entire BLOCK that Gencon reserved for the 501st is already sold out. One guy's trying to get reservations elsewhere, and they want $200/night. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Whereabouts are you looking for rooms? And at that price, I'm starting to think we should start looking at sharing a room with somebody, if we don't bring the ewok with us. LOL. [face_laugh]

5. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    TF.N recently reported availability @ Embassy Suites, which is apparently accepting reservations. I'm booked at the Westin at the $200/night rate, but they're completely booked.

6. BFett88

BFett88 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 5, 2003
    I booked at the Westin Back in January for 219 a night. Not sure whom else is accepting resorvations.

7. BFett88

Dec 5, 2003
    I think that I might drive out. If I do I will just drive strait through. It is only about an 18 hour drive. If I leave Tuesday about sixish, I should make it there by about one or so. If I go 90-100 the whole way, I should get there fast. Unfortunately I would not be able to bring anyones armor. My car would only be able to fit me, my armor my wife a small cooler and a suit case or two. It is a mustang not mutch room in it. Sorry [face_plain]

8. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    OK , HERE'S THE DEAL

we were able to reserve 18 rooms .
    king room comes with a sofa sleeper and will sleep 4 people for $180 plus tax per night

double room comes with a sofa sleeper and will sleep 6 people for $200 plus tax per night

the rooms have kitchenetts and fridges and are all non smoking for now . also they are all doubles for now . that can be changed .
    check in wed april 20th
    check out mon april 25th

dates can be altered as needed

so far i have for sure
    me and kim
    josh and jenny and cory
    mel and lisa
    alison , melody
    jennifer , sarah , birr's , ashleigh
    terry
    michael
    josh and rachel
    bill
    shane and courtney
    anthony
    leah

possibles

stacy
    grimby
    kelly
    Gilbu_Cotac

any one from the RMFF interested for sure , let me know . this is still a year away but i want to get as much nailed down as soon as possible .

what we will do is if we dont get rooms through gen con ,i will call the hotel and have the rooms changed over into everyone elses names so im not responsible anymore . im not sponsible enought to be RE-sponsible

remember , this is plan B

9. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    oh yeah , its at the embasy suites accross from the RCA dome . 5 min walk on the street , 20 walk by the connecting skywalk .

we will be right there !

10. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    if anyone wants to share a room, PM me!

11. FenigDurak

FenigDurak Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2002
    Alright, after much careful review, I think I'm going to start making plans for this. I wasn't sure I was going to go, but I suppose it's not too big a deal to make plans early.

So count me in.

12. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    To add to the possibles list: My sister, and maybe her husband. At the moment she's saying yes to going. Unless things change drastically, she plans to be in Calif at that time (staying out there for Ep3), so we would just hop on a plane together to go out.

It sounds like MelodyAnn is also a possible. :D She brought up a good point, too - some people would probably like to get an idea of what to expect for con reg price. S_C, you mentioned you thought it was on the order of $60 last time? Does anyone recall the price for C2 for sure?

D_H - great job on jumping and getting rooms reserved!

13. BFett88

Dec 5, 2003
    I would be interested in one of those rooms. I know that I already have one, but I would love to be in the same hotel as everyone. What Hotel is it at?

14. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    many thanks to you jeff. your doing a lot to help this group get to CIII.

15. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Embassy Suites, they have kitchens to help people save some $. Remember this is plan B, we still want to see what GenCon has to offer (rooms may be cheaper?), and they may sell out fast. So we do have rooms no matter what.

BF88, you can cancel your room & grab one of these, I think we have plenty or hang on to yours & see what we can get throgh the Con people & then decide?

People are looking to share rooms, so if you don't want a room to yourself start PMing people to get your groups set. Remember I think about 1/2 the people that decided to go last year did it in the final days before leaving, so we could pick up A LOT more people :D

First & formost is RMFF, if someone from another area needs a room & we have some left we might let them go to them, so speak up or forever hold your peace :p

16. cyodarun

cyodarun Retired RMFF CR star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    We stayed at the Embassy during C2, it was great, I think the walk is 5 minutes if you are going very slow...unless I do not remember correctly. It is always nice to have those kitchenettes too! Not sure how you would get there via a walkway, I do not recall one??, but I am sure it's there somewhere.

Thanks to DH and SC for all of your efforts on this!

17. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    Thanks DH and SC! You guys rock!

18. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    ok, talked to josh earlier, put me in w/ him and jennay

19. anthonymaul

anthonymaul Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2004
    you can put me down for a room,dont they have free brakfest too.

20. BFett88

Dec 5, 2003
    Yeah, Courtney and I will take a room we would prefer the 180 if that is possible. Thanks for all your hard work it will a lot of fun at CIII

21. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    We got it, Jeff will have to edit his post or start a new one in the AM.

22. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    you guys KICK ASS!!!!!

23. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Sign me up for sure. I am SO there. :D

24. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    no problem guys . i just want to be sure we have the best time possible