main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

**Official** Arena Jedi Surviors

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by JEDI-SOLO, May 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Interesting- so it is possible that Saesee Tiin did survive; but we don't know for sure yet if it will be Saesee Tiin appearing in Episode 3. It could be just like the Agen Kolar situation.

The article, afterall, was about makeup tests, and an earlier Hyperspace article confirmed that even after the Eeth Koth/Agen Kolar thing was explained, that makeup notes and such still referred to Agen as Eeth.

Not to mention a new actor playing Tiin, which is what caused that Eeth/Agen thing to begin with. Though, granted, Tiin's face is less human than Koth's.

So, while it's now a strong possibility that Saesee will be appearing in Episode 3, this is not a solid confirmation.

However, if and when such confirmation occurs, I'll be more than happy to update Tiin's status as not being KIA, as I've always maintained from the beginning.

It's even a possibility that Tiin, like Sora, was mistakenly believed KIA, but resurfaced later on. Afterall, SW reference books, such as the POTJ SB (where Tiin's death was first referenced ), are written from an in-universe perspective, so any discrepancies in this case can be, like the Hyperspace article points out, attributed to confusion of wartime journalism. (Which is especially believable in this case, as we know news outlets such as HoloNet News were temporarily shutdown as a result to the Battle of Geonosis).

2. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    Quest, it's Saesee Tiin.

This is the third actor playing Tiin. It's easy to have anyone play him because of the latex mask. Just like Plo Koon (who will be confirmed within the next week).

The Agen Kolar/Eeth Koth, Depa Billaba/Sarr Labooda, and Stass Allie/Adi Gallia thing is different. They were obviously not the orginal actors in EP2. So they renamed them. But this time, they've decided they just want one of each character. No clone Jedi so to speak. It was an order specifically made by Lucas. So Eeth is gone, but Agen is here. Adi is out, but Stass is in.

So if you truly believe they've ousted Saesee Tiin because and EU product partially confirmed his death, you're mistaken. Especially since the picture of Kenji Oates (the new Saesee Tiin) sure looks like Tiin. No noticable change in actor. Plus it would be another clone Jedi if they named it something else later. Something Lucas said he doesn't want at all.

It's Saesee Tiin.

Also confirmed in the article was Kit Fisto. But he's getting a new actor also.

So both Jensen brothers (Jesse and Zachariah) lost their characters to new actors. Oh well

3. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Don't get me wrong- I agree that it's probably Saesee Tiin that will appear in Episode 3.

However, I think waiting for a positive confirmation would be the most balanced way to approach this situation.

Afterall, if there is the possibility that, assuming Tiin is merely a background extra, whomever it is that names such characters may decide to treat him as a "clone" Jedi, it wouldn't be accurate to jump to conclusions.

I will, however, make a notation about this situation the next time I post the list, so as to be as accurate as possible ::)

4. JediCouncilBoy4

JediCouncilBoy4 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 20, 2001
    No Adi Gallia? How dissapointing. I wanted her to be back. I don't like Stass Allie as much.

5. plo_koom

plo_koom Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2002
    how is it not positive hls pretty much sumed it up I think they would have learned their lesson with clone jedi by now george lucas said no clone jedi.

6. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, remember that this information is coming from the makeup department, not one having to do with the actual story content or story development, so, as pointed out during the Eeth/Agen article, there can be inaccuracies.

And while Lucas has apparently said that there will be no clone Jedi- he's not exactly known for sticking to his word on matters, he could change his mind or allow permission at a moment's notice- ESPECIALLY during the production/post production phase.

Don't worry though, I'm sure we'll get a confirmation that it is him eventually- just want to be sure.

Until then, I'll move Saesee on my list to the Starfighter and Arena survivors, but with a *notation that it's possible he didn't survive, or was at least mistakenly believed to have perished at the battle (ala Sora's entry).

7. Kit_Kato

Kit_Kato Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2003
    Also confirmed in the article was Kit Fisto. But he's getting a new actor also.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO! :) *does an irish jig* I have to admit I was a little PO'ed when I first heard about the list of jedi returning for ep. III and that Kit Fisto was not on there. But I'm glad to see he's back!

As for clone jedi, I don't really mind them. There are 9,000 jedi in the galaxy, so there's gonna be jedi of the same species and backround. I just don't like it when the 'clone jedi' take all the regular jedi's (Adi Gallia, Eeth Koth) movie scenes. I'm also glad to see Saesee Tiin back, though I never liked him that much. I'd much rather see Kit Fisto, Plo Koon, Ki-Adi-Mundi, and other arena jedi (who survived) get more action. Saesee isn't one of my favorite jedi.

Once again, awesome list 2ndQuest! I really have to pursuade my mom to let me get the hyperspace subscription. It's not like I'm subscribed to any magazines or anything. Another thing I want to know: What did the OS update "Photorecepter: Sarissa Jeng" have to say about Sarissa? Was it just a photo (like Image Attack)? Thanks.

8. sickly_icle_vwicky

sickly_icle_vwicky Jedi Youngling

Jun 10, 2003
    Basicly (since I cant quote it)it says hear her battle cry and that she died and Im glad she was ugly she a pre-teen and balding.

9. JKBurtola

JKBurtola Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 4, 2003
    [Anakin] YIPPEE!!! [/Anakin]

Ahem :D

Kit Fisto is back! Yay!

10. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    Plo Koon's gonna be in Episode III :D

But he's gonna die :(

But he's gonna be in Episode III :D

11. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    >>she was ugly she a pre-teen and balding.<<

Actually, she was only balding in the finished film- in the untouched footage, she actually had the shadow of a shaved head in front of her braid. For some reason they digitally painted over that in the film.

12. Kit_Kato

Kit_Kato Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2003
    Sarissa isn't a pre-teen either. According to HolonNet News, (which never updates anymore. Darn them!) she's a Jedi Knight, so that means she's probably at least 18.

13. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    They call her a "young Jedi" in the photoreceptor caption. But she doesn;t have a padawan braid so she must be a Knight.

14. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Holonet news is now found only in Star Wars Insider. Its one of the first things I read.

15. puttbury2002

puttbury2002 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 24, 2002
    Holonet news is a pretty great because we can know a little bit more about the clone war...like in the last issue, they explain why the war on Jabiim will happen....interresting! :D

16. Kit_Kato

Kit_Kato Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2003
    Hey 2ndQuest, you know that jedi who is fighting off battle droids, and is kicking ***, untill she turns around, says "Wah?" and gets shot by a super battle droid? I've chosen her as a semi-main character for my fanfic so I need to know what she looks like. Hair, lightsaber, and maybe robe color would be great.

17. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I don't recall the details about her offhand, but I'll take a skim through the arena footage for ya.

I know she was much more easier to see in the IMAX version, since that was recomposited for that format, but I believe you can still see her in the regular version (though her "wah?" moment itself is blocked by R2 or 3PO I in the regular version I believe).

18. Kit_Kato

Kit_Kato Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2003
    Ok, cool. I know I've chosen a pretty random jedi that is hard to indentify, but I needed a master for one of my main characters but I didn't wanted the master to be someone too recognizable. I've already decided to use Roth-Del-Masona (Nubian Guy) so I want to make up the character of this one, but use an existing generic jedi. :)

19. RoboFett

RoboFett Jedi Youngling

Jun 17, 2003
    I just want to say nice details

20. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    so do yall think that that extended scene will come out anywhere else soon???? I am not going to pay for that Hyperspace stuff just to see that short scene.

21. Jedi Master Greg

Jedi Master Greg Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 1999
    AGREED! I want to see that scene desperately, but don't exactly have the money to sign up for something that I'm only gonna use once. I checked Kazaa hopeing it got leaked there, but no such luck... yet.
    -JMG

22. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    It's one of those things not to be over axious about , because others have paid , so just be patient and someone I'm sure will drop us a web site.
    Thankyou in advance to whomever does.

23. JediCouncilBoy4

JediCouncilBoy4 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 20, 2001
    SPOILER FOR MAYBE SOMEONE!

Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Padmé
    Anakin Skywalker
    Count Dooku
    Mace Windu
    Yoda
    Supreme Chancellor Palpatine
    Senator Bail Organa
    C-3PO
    R2-D2
    Chewbacca

Mon Mothma

Mas Amedda
    Orn Free Taa
    Shaak Ti
    Luminara Unduli
    Barriss Offee
    Plo Koon
    Saesee Tiin
    Bultar Swan
    Agen Kolar
    Stass Allie
    Sly Moore
    Po Nudo
    Passel Argente

New at the Data Bank!!! Plo Koon IS BACK!

24. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    for all you Plo Bashers.............

Plo is back!!!!!!!! We may get to see him in action!!!!

25. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Good Plo is my Favorite I just want to know what he SOUNDS like.............

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.