main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OFFICIAL: C4 Is The Bomb Thread: C4 in LA, May 24-28 2007

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Jedi_Dajuan, Apr 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/DarthBreezy/grapes-print.jpg]

PS - Disney LAND Pwns Disney World

And you obiviously didn't go to c-3. The only 8 hour lines were for the store...

2. Ulfor-Bombaasa

Ulfor-Bombaasa Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 17, 2006
    Agreed. Remember that Rick is not working on a new Star Wars movie at this time. Even though there are many projects in the works, he had the time this year to go to Disney Weekends for the first time. I can't imagine that Rick doesn't know what's going on with the C4 planning.

3. JSTAR71

JSTAR71 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2003
    To DarthBreezy I worked c3 and that is true but at c2 Fishers line was up to 8 hours.The reason everyone thinks it should be in LA is to attract more actors.How long of a line for Samuel Jackson?Natalie?Hamill?Do the math.Easy 8 hours each.

4. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    But not everyone will want to do that - (granted Mark though or even god forbid Haaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyden =P~ )

I mean, I'm sorry but Celebration isn't ONLY about the actors...

Granted as soon as Official pix starts the volenteer call I am SO there, though - I want to catch up with Sandi [face_laugh]

5. QueenAmidalaEP1

QueenAmidalaEP1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 15, 2005
    Um, what was that over night line for then....could it have been for George Lucas???

6. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    I doubt George is going to sign autographs though.

Look, I still say that the post I responded too was nothing more than sour grapes
    . It's true that SOME people will camp out to get an autograph and a 30 second meet and greet, but for the majority I think Celebration is all about being a FAN, no matter where it is held.

7. AmmersVI

AmmersVI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2005
    here! here~! It is all about the diorama building and dare I say it shopping SW till you drop! LOL! [face_laugh]
    I regret to say that I did spend about 6 hours in line for a figure. And come next celebration, they can keep their figure! I would much rather have spent my time milling around seeing and doing other things at c3.

8. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    No way, it was all about costuming and the FanForce table :p

9. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I actually agree with most of that. I must have spent a 1/3 of my weekend at the FanForce table during C2.

10. AmmersVI

AmmersVI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2005
    Of course there's that too! [face_mischief]

11. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    I went to C III to meet the actors. I can see fans at any movie screening.

12. HardwareStoreJedi

HardwareStoreJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 10, 2006
    Well, even if Harrison Ford doesn't show, if they hold C4 here in LA you can take a side trip to Culver City where his son Ben runs a restaurant called Ford's Filling Station.

LA's like that, you know. ^_^

13. JayTee_Erricck

JayTee_Erricck Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 2, 2004
    Siths_Revenge wrote:
    "I went to C III to meet the actors. I can see fans at any movie screening."

While I'll agree that meeting many of the Star Wars actors & actresses was a definite highlight at C3, I would say that meeting the fans is AT LEAST an equally great highlight. Sure, you can see fans at any movie screening but, at Celebrations, you are moreso surrounded by the serious Star Wars fans. The dedicated Star Wars fans. The enthusiastic Star Wars fans.

At any given movie screening, there are a variety of reasons WHY people are there. A lot of times, people are dragged there by their friends or relatives, etc. and not really hard-core fans. Often times you'll get the "Oh, my wife / husband / boyfriend / girlfriend is the big fan. I'm just tagging along" kinda people. Not to say that they don't deserve common decency. However, at Celebrations, I think you're more easily and likely to meet & talk with fans who are as passionate about Star Wars as you are.

I still have a lot to learn about the Star Wars legend / universe (I have only delved into the tip of the EU iceberg) but I learned quite a bit just being exposed to fellow fans at C3.

Just waiting in lines or even sitting against a wall for a short rest-break at C3, I was able to start up conversations with just ANYONE at random & we immediately started to talk about the things we loved about Star Wars. It was like being in a place where everyone spoke the same language no matter where you came from. It was like heaven.

Sure, some SW celebs love their work & love what they do & might actually CARE about Star Wars. Some of them (Ray Park & Tem Morrison come to mind, among many others) are very kind to the fans. However, it's great to meet fans as well 'cause we're the people that DON'T get paid to be a part of the Star Wars universe. In fact, many fans (like myself) actually spend their own money to make costumes, read EU comics, collect MR sabers, etc. because of their love for Star Wars.

Just my own 2 wupi wupi.

May the Force be with us.

Jay Tee
    http://www.rebellegionhawaii.com

14. HardwareStoreJedi

HardwareStoreJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 10, 2006
    I have to represent here.

I'm from LA, lived here for the vast majority of my life (I was in Oregon for about six months) and people, it is NOT as bad as you think it is.

The LA Convention Center is suitably futuristic-looking as a venue for Celebration 4. It is HUGE...the only places that are bigger on this coast are the San Diego Convention Center (where Comic-Con runs every year) and the Anaheim Convention Center. (where Anime Expo runs every year) Really, it looks like the enclosed city from Logan's Run. It will be an excellent place for cosplay pics.

And LA is not just Hollywood and Universal Studios. There's plenty to do out here. If you don't like a neighborhood you are in, just drive a few blocks and everything will change. Some of my favorite places to take visitors are the Warner Bros. VIP Tour, which gives a better view of what a real working movie studio is like, Hollywood Forever Cemetery, where you are GUARANTEED to see movie stars, (or at least their final resting places) and Little Tokyo, which is my favorite neighborhood in the whole city. There's also our world-famous beaches, although I wouldn't advise actually going in the water. ^_^;; I intend to get my "Animation Nerd Tour of LA" updated and reloaded sometime before the next Anime Los Angeles this January so the info there will be helpful.

Los Angeles is NOT the end of the world. You might be able to see it from here, but no way is it actually *the* end of the world.

15. Ulfor-Bombaasa

Mar 17, 2006
    The reason many of us in the midwest have liked Indy is due to it's central location for much of the country with reasonable driving distances for many surrounding states. The convention center is quite suitable - especially if they would include the RCA dome for one large meeting. The connection to the surrounding hotels by skywalk and the nearby mall and many restaurants make Indy a great location that is relatively low cost.

16. joesdomain

joesdomain Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2006
    I agree with the last post. If the so called rumor is true. We should find outtonight. It is the 29th anniversary of star wars. Perfect time to announce the celebration. If there is one next year! I am going to Gen Con Indy in August to ask any Lucasarts or Lucasfilm employees any infor on it. But we should find out a date and location by then. RCA Dome is excellant meeting place for 57,000 people to gather for opening and closing cermonies of Celebration IV.

17. Ulfor-Bombaasa

Mar 17, 2006
    Both C2 and C3 at Indy were great - but they would have been better if the opening and closing ceremonies had been in the RCA Dome. All the heavy hitters could see everyone at one time! The addition of the Dome is the one improvement that would make a huge difference at C4.

18. gaiatha

gaiatha Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    Starwars.com has it online

Celebration IV 24.-28. may 2007 L.A.

19. Jedi_Mark

Jedi_Mark Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 11, 2004
    LA??
    That's not true. THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!!!

:_| I was rally looking forward to C4 as C3 was so darned fun. :_|

Oh well. <sniff>

20. DarkPrince

DarkPrince Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2005
    This is awesome, I really couldn't care less where it was located, because I will be going either way!!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!

21. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow! 5 freaking days????????????

22. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    Better put my vacation time in now for this.

23. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    Although I am not thrilled about the location, looks like I will be going out the 22nd. I wish I could go as early as the 18 but I know that won't happen if I at my current job then.

Let the planning begin!

24. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    Woooooo-hoooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

25. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Well, I'm very pleased that they finally announced the news.

If anybody wants to know anything about L.A., just let me know. I live 20 miles from the convention center. Having just spent two weeks on jury duty in downtown Los Angeles, I can say with certainly that I'm very familiar with the area :).

See you'all next year!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.