main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OFFICIAL: C4 Is The Bomb Thread: C4 in LA, May 24-28 2007

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Jedi_Dajuan, Apr 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    Unfortunately I'm restricted from being able to use the two words that I would in response to that.

There is a difference of up to $800 just in air fares for me if they decided to go with Indy instead of LA (that's with the cheapest carrier). That was one of the major factors in wiping out my chances at attending the previous 2 Celebrations.

And any which way, we got to see AotC and RotS before you did.

2. DarkPrince

DarkPrince Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2005
    Only the elite?????

What are you talking about? Where are you from? I'm from New Jersey and it sure as hell isn't a short trip from Newark to LA, but to me its all going to be worth every penny I spend on this.

I really don't understand what your complaining about.

3. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    The ONLY bear is 5 days - GAH - gonna mean rejpoining HS too -

So where is the OP voleenteer sign up sheet??:D

4. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003

Bah! HS didn't do me a bit of good last year. The "Friends and Family" coupons were never picked up. Non-HS fans got into the Cafe without being checked. There was nothing special about it, IMO. Granted, they *might* be more organized this time around.

[face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

Ahhh, I kill me!

5. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    There better be some awesome perks this time around for Fan Club memebers. I am anxious to see what kind of package deals they come up with for hotels. It would be nice to see a hotel/flight kind of package as well.

6. buggyvirus1

buggyvirus1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2005
    I agree, the perks were a little low last time. However, this time I will be a part of the 501st so I will probably be voleenteering. :) I can't wait. I have already tried booking a hotel but they say that we can't book until After June 11th. The cool thing is I live on the West coast. It is just a hop skip and a jump. Wooohooo C IV!!!!

7. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    Oo I can easily go this year :) A 3 hour drive from central Cali isn't that hard.
    I hope to see some JC friends as I really highly doubt I'll be one of the few who walk away with tales of meeting the stars one on one if even for a 'hello' on a pass through the halls.
    I can probably talk my friends into going as well :)
    While I feel bad for those who can't make it, I'm certainly glad I can for once :)

8. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    I'm so there :) *dances around super excited*

9. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    I'll be there, I just hope I can get more comfortable boots for my Jedi as they made walking C3 a complete bear. I also hope I can meet Steve Sansweet again as I lost my picture with him from the airport in Indy during a reformat.

10. Vadersmistress66

Vadersmistress66 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 3, 2005
    Yipeeeee!!!

This will be my 1st Celebration. I'll be coming down from Canada. Just a question, so HS puts together packages you can buy? Is that the way to go, or is it better to just book a room and whatnot as soon as you can? Any advice would be much appreciated!

11. DarthMedialine

DarthMedialine Jedi Youngling

Apr 10, 2005
    I was right people...:) I heard that exact date from the LA convention center over a month ago! :)

Can't wait to see you all!

Darth Medialine

12. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    lol...this thread is over a month old...maybe you heard it here first like the rest of us? :p

13. DarthPhelps

DarthPhelps Jedi Master star 5

Jan 31, 2002
    I'd sure like to go. The trick is getting the green light from the boss (wife). ;)

14. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    It's good news until I read that Gen Con was still handling it. That means tiny rooms, overcrowding, and very long lines.

15. That_Wascally_Droid

Jul 29, 2001
    How many memory sticks for my camera does one recommend?
    I don't want to be under prepared, but I don't want to waste money on sticks I won't use either.

16. bluesaber

bluesaber Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 18, 2000
    I used three last time, although I did bring the laptop with and unloaded all the pictures every night. But I never did go thru all three in one day.

17. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    At the past Celebrations, there was an official room block with hotel rooms at a special convention rate, but nothing was done for a plane ticket/hotel room/rental car setup, if that's what you're asking. The chance to make room reservations using the Celebration room block happened about six months out, I believe (don't quote me on that, though). But I believe that many people made their own room reservations ahead of time, so it's definitely up to you.

18. That_Wascally_Droid

Jul 29, 2001
    That ought to be playing it safe for me.
    Rounded off to (a low estimate) of 75 pics per stick... That's 225 at a low estimate.
    I'd think that'd be plenty.

19. bluesaber

bluesaber Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 18, 2000
    The room block for C3 was filled up in about 10 minutes from the time the rooms started to go on sale. I called the day rooms were made available and was already too late to get a room that was part of the reserved block. Some of my friends reserved a room as soon as they could and then cancelled that room when they got one that was part of the block, just to be sure they were staying at the hotel they wanted. That might be the safe route to go, at least you are assured of having a room where you want it, you can always cancel the room if you get a better deal.

20. Padawan915

Padawan915 Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2002
    I'll be there, without any doubts. Time to start saving so I can complete my Unleashed collection this time around. ;)

And the timing is awesome as well, gives me more of an excuse to take off work during a slow time.

21. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    omg can't wait its going to be so much fun :D

22. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    I think it's cool it's four days this time.

23. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    ZOMG! I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!

I'm so glad I went last year because now I can learn from EXPERIENCE and now I have ample time to buy a digital camera, make costumes, save up money...and eeep!!

As for the location, I am very excited about that...going from Phoenix to Indy was an expensive flight and for me, LA is much more convenient. Also, Indy isn't exactly smackdab in the middle of the country. It was a bit far for a lot of West Coast people.

I renewed my sub to HyperSpace. :p I had about two weeks left, wasn't going to renew...but I just did...am I sucker or what? I'm also quite happy about the Celebration being FIVE days instead of four...!!

I hope that I'll be able to get into the Celebration Store and also get some autographs from some of the celebrities. I didn't get a chance to do that last year.

24. Enji

Enji Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 14, 2002
    Oooh... five days! That is just so cool. I just wonder how I'll get the money... but I'll be there, no matter what. :D

25. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    DARN IT.

Next year is my senior year...and that is SMACK DAB in the freaking middle of graduation practice/senior finals, but right before graduation...DARN IT.

:(

I could still go...but it would have to be only for the 26, 27, and 28. Last time I couldn't stay the entire time, and I really wanted to be able to stay for all five days...grr!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.