main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OFFICIAL CHAPTER NAMEING DISCUSSION THREAD

Discussion in 'Archive: State College, PA' started by Jedi_Master_Mazzara, Oct 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Master_Mazzara

Jedi_Master_Mazzara Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2001
    What shall it be? State College Silly Dudes, State College Dinner Eaters? State College Vigilantes? State College Rogues? State College Wraiths? State College Yodites? Come and discuss!!

2. jangoboy71

jangoboy71 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2002
    we could use a very common one and have the name Jedi Knights of State College

3. Jedi_Master_Mazzara

Jan 5, 2001
    How about a little more original... the Jedi Lords of State College!!! :p That way we won't be too...hack-neyed (vocab word, meaning cliche)

4. jangoboy71

May 14, 2002

or the prancing banthanians :D

5. Jedi_Master_Mazzara

Jan 5, 2001
    Oh yeah!!! The State College Prancing Banthanians and Raging Rontonians!! I like that idea.

6. CommanderSesfan

CommanderSesfan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    No no, it has to be something slightly more sinister. How about the Icy Black Hand of Collegians? Calvin and Hobbes is so awesome....

7. Jedi_Master_Mazzara

Jan 5, 2001
    That could work... how about Infernal Blazing Feet of Universitizers?

8. CommanderSesfan

Jun 1, 2001
    "You've been had by Silly Squadron. And Dinner Squadron! And welcome to Folor."

9. jangoboy71

May 14, 2002
    how bout the jawa killers of state college

10. Jedi_Master_Mazzara

Jan 5, 2001
    "Nah, Jawas are good eating, but if I killed any of them off there would be no more Bantha dealers!" (I mean who did you think I traded with, the Tusken Raiders? AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHA)

11. jangoboy71

May 14, 2002
    i dunno with you nothing's out of the realm of possibility

12. Jedi_Master_Mazzara

Jan 5, 2001
    Well, yes there is. Anything and everything which everyone has never thought is out of the realm of possibility for me, and everyone except the Divine, of course! Did you know that we cannot fathom true, pure nothingness? The second we do, it becomes something, mentally tangible so to speak, and then, in essence becomes something, if only a thought, an idea, see what I am saying? Which is why I find the "God made everything out of nothing" such a neat statement, we can not fathom, at least while we live in these bodies on earth, that statement to its true depths!!!

Edit: Geez, I went on a tangent, got into (though it is a vague correlation) one of the proofs of the exsistance of a God through (technically) talking about killing and eating Jawas!!!!

13. Thaddeus_Walters

Thaddeus_Walters Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 26, 2001
    Just out of curiosity, how did you prove the existence of God in your above paragraph? I probably missed something.

How about something dealing with either the Nittany Lions or the fact that we are the Center of PA?

14. Jedi_Master_Mazzara

Jan 5, 2001
    I didn't prove God in the above paragraph, I made a vague sort of reference to a proof of God, nevermind...

Nittany Lions, will get to the Rose Bowl!! All we have to do is figure out how to get them to win the rest of their games and have Michigan lose a lot of theirs...and let us not get into the whole how we are the center of PA thing again...though I wouldn't mind, it just isn't fun without someone who actually believes we aren't... :p

15. Thaddeus_Walters

Aug 26, 2001
    How about something dealing with the fact that we are in the mainstream of society in State College, yet are rarely affected by the mainstream events of the outside world, and are just in our little secluded bubble of Central Pennsylvania(or something like that).

If need be, I will explain that statement.

16. CommanderSesfan

Jun 1, 2001
    I like your idea, Walters...but how would you come up with a name that includes all that?

17. wesjanson1138

wesjanson1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2001
    How about the Fist and Iron club.

18. CommanderSesfan

Jun 1, 2001
    Or maybe Iron Fist? And then we could get an SSD for our flagship...and a warlord named Zsinj to pilot it...and it would be all just like the real story!

19. Thaddeus_Walters

Aug 26, 2001
    Well, I've been thinking and consulting my galactic map for five whole minutes, now, and I may be on to something with any of these three ideas: something having to do with a star cluster, something having to do with being on a trade route, or, my personal favorite, and only complete name: State College: The Heart of the Inner Rim.

Just ideas, guys. Feel free to create better ones.

Edit: New thought! State College: Stuck in the Middle of the Inner Rim!

20. Jedi_Master_Mazzara

Jan 5, 2001
    How about: State College, PA... The Fan Force of Improbable Impossibilities (Or Impossible Improbabilities)

21. Thaddeus_Walters

Aug 26, 2001
    C'mon, people, think!

I'm working on more, but it isn't easy!

Next posting objective, beat Norfolk. They've only got about 35 more posts than us!

22. Thaddeus_Walters

Aug 26, 2001
    Well, no further ideas for a name yet, but a sort-of idea for a t-shirt:

got force?

23. Slicer1138

Slicer1138 Jedi Youngling

Oct 23, 2002
    What about the "center( or centre) of the galaxy" you know, centre county get it.

or i think Coruscant is in the center to

24. Thaddeus_Walters

Aug 26, 2001
    Nice idea slicer. Corny, but funny! Coruscant wouldn't be a good idea, though, because we really aren't in the mainstream of society, we're in our own little bubble of Central Pennsylvania-ness. (Am I having deja-vue? And it really isn't in the middle of the galaxy completely. Just near the middle.

25. jangoboy71

May 14, 2002
    if you want originality-nothing is more original than the jedi knights of state college

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.