main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph ***OFFICIAL*** Comics Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Spiderfan, Aug 1, 2007.

1. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    We'll have to agree to disagree...

In other words your wrong...:p

2. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Marvel decide to set fire to the Internet....

[​IMG]

TrandoJedi likes this.
  3. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Darth-Lando likes this.
  4. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    This will only lead to hilarity.

Ramza likes this.
  5. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

Yeah, now I know something is up here. Before I thought it was just a really weak way of revisiting old stories that were already told once, but now it looks like some type of "House Of M" type of event.

6. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    I don't care if this is some tie-in to Secret Wars, I'm excited! The image gives me so much feels, bring it Slott!

7. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    I'm surprised they'd want to acknowledge the marriage again, after all that. The only thing I can think of is to give Spider-Girl a chance to be in the 616 universe, thus to tie into the spin off film that's coming up and to serve as a Supergirl type counter.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  8. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Trololololol

9. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Renew what vow, their vow to troll any Peter/MJ fans left and wring as much hope and money from them as possible? I thought Marvel's Editor in Chief hated that marriage, so unless he's gone and I hadn't heard, I doubt they let it happen. Anyway, considering their idea of a 700 issue celebration was to have Peter have his life stolen by Doc Ock, you know there's nothing Marvel won't do. Luckily I'm not a Marvel fan anyway, but still. And just found out a lead-in story to Spider-verse involved completely ruining Spidergirl's world. There's always the chance that there's another universe where Spidergirl is fine, but still hate that they just had to ruin a somewhat happy world. But it sells, so guess that's popular.

10. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Yes, that E-i-C is gone and you haven't heard.

11. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Quesada is still with the company and it was more than just him that hated the marriage. Everyone at Marvel hated it. That's why the Spider-Man books focused on trying to erase it since 1993 and clear up until 2003. "The Clone Saga" was supposed to kill MJ off multiple times and if not that, then at least replace Peter with Ben so that the marriage would be gone. Then you had MJ's fake death in 1999 and then after being rescued, she still left him until 2002 when JMS was allowed to write them as a couple again. Then you had all the crap that happened with "Civil War", "One More Day" and "One Moment In Time".

12. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    So we finally know what these Marvel teasers were about. As suspected, Secret Wars.

13. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Allow me to be the first to say "duh".

14. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Nice to see the concept of Battleworld back.

15. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    This will be the only time I might ever say this, but bring on the multiple tie-in series that shows us some of these worlds that help make up the Battleworld. I'd love to see the "Years of Future Past" and "X-Men '92" worlds, even for a little bit.

16. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
  17. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  18. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    [​IMG]

Hawkeye vs Deadpool is gold. It manages to merge the tone and style of both comics in a masterful way. Buy it.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  19. Anakin_Skywalker20

Anakin_Skywalker20 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 16, 2000
    I bought Captain America: The man with no face...collecting issues 43-48. :)

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  20. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    The best part of AXIS so far was Deadpool in Issue 3 I think. That song is still stuck in my head. :p

21. Anakin_Skywalker20

Anakin_Skywalker20 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 16, 2000
    I also bought Captain America: Winter Soldier - its quite the read - different than the movie version for sure.

22. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I unreasonably am enjoying Spider-Verse. Because it's about alternate dimensions, killer monster cults hopping across universes to kill Our Heroes, and lots and lots of Spider-Men and Women. There are a bunch of different corners of the crossover if you can find it. The "Spider-Verse #1" anthology comic literally has Morlun showing up in the universe of the Spider-Man Newstrip. I'm not even kidding. It's amazing. Time keeps resetting every second panel. Also check out Gerrard Way's SP/dr single issue, it was gloriously insane with a bit of heart too.

Generally I bail on crossovers, haven't invested in one since probably Secret Invasion, but I love this for more of the aforementioned reasons (and, even then, I'm skipping out on Spider-Woman and Scarlet Spiders too)

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  23. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    My only beef with the newspaperverse Spidey shout-out is that no one got hit with a brick.

[​IMG]

24. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    'twas ok, but I shall not get more.

No Low until next month. ****.

25. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002