main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Episode II Soundtrack Thread - The Music

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Darth_Thrasymachus, Mar 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Tin-Buk_Tu

Jedi_Tin-Buk_Tu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    Ah, I got screwed then.

Target...who'd have thunk it?

Well, I've got the mp3 of the bonus track. But it just ain't the same quality. Considering how I've spent next to nothing on AOTC (just buying the novel and the soundtrack), I might buy one of the variant covers at Target and give the other CD to someone else. It'd be worth it just to hear track 14 in CD quality, as I've already noticed a difference between the CD and the bootlegs.

Beside, I've already got the screensaver download onto my computer. [face_devil]

2. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    >Droid Foundry track<

What? Is that NOT coveryor belt track or what???

3. newt

newt Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 29, 2000
    Got it. Sounds moody and intense. Much better than TPM. Favorite tracks are:

1. Zam the Assassin (in spite of the electric guitar)

2. Confrontation with Count Dooku and Finale

3. Love Pledge and The Arena

BTW: Stinks that I have to buy a SECOND one just to get the bonus track. Wish I had read this thread before running out to Record Theater. Sony is really out of control!

4. dehrian

dehrian Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    No, same thing. There's no title for it on the CD, though, so people are calling it whatever they want.

5. gonzoforce

gonzoforce Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 27, 2002
    Don't know if anybody has posted this, but I just got done listening to
    the soundtrack, and The Imperial March is featured much more
    prominately in this movie.

6. dash101

dash101 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    gonzo,

some of us have had the soundtrack for months.. thats old news man.

-dash101

7. spicoli

spicoli Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 22, 2002
    Okay, thanks for the information. :)

8. Kreuzader

Kreuzader Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    Does anyone know what music is used in the later "Profession" commercials? If it's the conveyor belt/droid factory track I'm going to be very irritated....

9. tennispadme

tennispadme Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 10, 2002
    I just got back from Wal-Mart and picked up the CD. The screen saver is really cool. I had a hard time picking which cover to decide from. I think it is cool. Go check it out.

10. jiabaoyu

jiabaoyu Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 29, 2000
    I have the soundtrack now!

I'm playing the last piece (the Dooku fight and finale) and I think John Williams did it again...it's amazing how the 'love theme' can sound so different depending on how its played. It has a sense of urgency when played on way, and an intimate feel to it when played with the harp...I can't wait to see the movie!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D

11. KYZELL

KYZELL Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 25, 2002
    How do I get this screen-saver to work???

12. dehrian

Mar 18, 1999
  13. Reek_Martin

Reek_Martin Jedi Youngling

Jan 23, 2002
    Yes it is. I'm sorry Kreuzader.

14. TheStorm

TheStorm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    I'm sure some one has asked, but I will any ways, so only the Target version has the bonus track, if so that sucks, I dont have a target here. Is there another way?, I mean I have it on Morpheus but I would like it on the offical CD.

15. Kesel

Kesel Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 1999
    Great, great stuff. I didn't know that DOTF was featured (briefly) in the Return to Tatooine track. Wonderful inclusion. Also I think the Across the Stars theme is the most beautiful piece of music that I've ever heard in a Star Wars movie. Hopefully the images that the music is creating in my mind aren't going to overshadow the real thing.

16. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    The conveyor belt #14 track is great. It's quick and is perfect for the fear and deperation of that sequence. What I particularly like is the strings in the beginning. The high-pitched plucks are very reminiscent of invoked images of insects.

17. jewlmc

jewlmc Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    How do you get the conveyor belt track??? I tried just letting 13 play to the end and it just stopped.

18. Darth_Iquitous

Darth_Iquitous Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    Did anybody notice the electric guitar solo about 3:15 into track 3? That was definitely new to Star Wars.

Oh...forget the screensaver, I have the bonus 14th track. :D

19. obi-wannabe1

obi-wannabe1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    i got mine at target. i'd rather have an extra track than a screensaver.

i got the regular movie poster cover. it fits nicely with the ep1 CD cover (they are sitting next to each other on my display shelf).

i can't wait for the ep3 soundtrack. all three together will look great.

my favorite track in the ep2 CD is the love theme. it's very beautiful and sticks with you after listening to it.

20. obioneinchkenobi

obioneinchkenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 7, 2000
    I just picked up the soundtrack. "Across the Stars" is an instant classic, and the "Confrontation with Dooku" mixes in the Imperial March very nicely. The only thing that seems weird, but will probably grow on me, is the electric guitar during the "Zam chase".

21. Darth Garrett

Darth Garrett Jedi Youngling

Apr 6, 2000
    TERRIFIC musical score! Johnny's best since Schindler's List. I particularly like the last track. Bravo!

22. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    I surprised at how many are only hearing the soundtrack now.

!snap

23. ChrTh

ChrTh Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 22, 2000
    Ok, I don't have the screensaver or the extra track...I think (I got mine at Best Buy)

What track is 'Across the Stars' anyway? I thought the video is just a montage of all the songs on the soundtrack?

24. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    Damn, I wonder if the Radio Edit will be SAME as the Music video?

25. dehrian

Mar 18, 1999
    What track is 'Across the Stars' anyway? I thought the video is just a montage of all the songs on the soundtrack?

Across the Stars is the video edit. Love Theme from Attack of the Clones is the name of what people were previously erroneously referring to as Across the Stars.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.