main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Episode II Soundtrack Thread - The Music

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Darth_Thrasymachus, Mar 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AcrossTheStarsBaby

AcrossTheStarsBaby Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2002
    They closed the single "Across the Stars" thread :( :(

Oh well, I will say it again, with added thoughts...

I LOVE this title!!!

:D :D :D :D :D
    [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

It's AWESOME, BABY!!!

BEST. LOVE THEME TITLE. EVER!!!

2. xwing

xwing Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jul 9, 1998
    AcrossTheStarsBaby, I totally agree with you, it is a great title.

It may have been mentioned in the closed "Across the Stars" thread (or maybe in this one somewhere, I dont know), but the title has such a great double-meaning. The obvious one of Anakin and Padme's travels, and the fact they are definitely "Star-crossed lovers".

Just please dont let there be any singing...

3. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    People are criticising a song title? Ugh! And I thought those who moaned about the film title were stupid.

It a perfect song title. A little too much overanalysing of whats SW and whats not.

4. AcrossTheStarsBaby

AcrossTheStarsBaby Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2002
    :)

There is also a thread here in Music forum

5. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    I REALLY wonder what the single "Across The Stars" sounds like too :) it gotta be the finest love theme ever!!! :)

6. JohnWilliams00

JohnWilliams00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    Rick McCallum said it was beautifully structured. He's so wise, it must be good!

J/k. It will be great though, no doubts there. ;)

7. Darth_Thrasymachus

Darth_Thrasymachus Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 7, 2002
    Episode X has some interesting news on the soundtrack. Interestingly, one of the tracks is apparently the 'Imperial March.' I was expecting something subtle like Anakin's Theme, not the full blown March. I was hoping they'd save that for Vader's first appearance. Oh well. BTW, the description Harry Knowles gave of the Love Theme sounds like it is very, very, very good. Can't wait to hear it! C'mon April 23!

8. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Please continue to use this thread for reaction to the soundtrack. Thanks.

9. The Starkiller

The Starkiller Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 12, 1999
    Reposted from other thread:

I'm curious what scene everyone thinks will be shown when the Imperial March plays in track 13 (Confrontation with Count Dooku & Finale). When I first heard the title, I assumed it meant the confrontation between Yoda and Count Dooku. After hearing the music, I think it's the confrontation between Dooku and Palpatine. Therefore, I think the Imperial March plays when it is revealed that Dooku is Darth Tyrannus. And then we cut from there to the wedding, where the love theme begins to play.

10. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    John Williams.......

Best. Composer. Ever.

'nuff said.

11. DarthBane93

DarthBane93 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 11, 1999
    I love the new music!! It definately is great! The music on its own is fine, however with what they did on the TPM CD, the music was scattered and mixed all over the place. So a track like Zam Wessel and the chase will have that music along with music from other areas of the movie being put in there.

So it will be interesting to see where the music fits in exactly for specific scenes...especially the confrontation with DOoku one where the Imperial March is used. I would be surprised to see that theme used in that duel cuz wont people relate it to Dooku instead of Anakin? And that kind of ruins it. But again, the music in that track is probably a mix of other tracks too.

What I love about this music is that we see the transition from EpI to EpII!! You hear the Trade Federation March/Invasion of Naboo theme here many times, along with suttle hints of little Annie's theme. And then again the Force theme is used largely and I like!!

About Across the Stars. Its grand. Its sweeping. And I like it. However, I think it may make the scenes with Anakin and Padme seem a little too overdramatic. I liked the more suttle love theme between Han and Leia. I think thats what love themes should be like. This has more of a sense of ergency and I dunno...it seems kinda weird. But again, I will have to see how its related into the movie. Remember how they cut of DOTF in EpI? Same might happen here.

All in all...JW has done it again! Brilliant!! Lets just hope the music matches the scenes in the movie as well as in other films. I am sure it will.

Congrats John Williams. Great job once again!

12. Knightstalker-

Knightstalker- Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 7, 2001
    The part where Duel of the Fates plays on The Return to Tatooine, I'm guessing is where Anakin takes off on Owen's speeder bike to rescue his mother

13. shiningstars

shiningstars Jedi Master star 2

Mar 26, 2002
    Across the stars is a wonderful title and the song is awesome! Omg! You have got to hear it to know =) I love this soundtrack so far :)

14. a. block

a. block Jedi Master star 1

Oct 1, 1999
    I'm sorry I can't go through all the pages (I'm at work and have little time). I am wondering about the ordering of the tracks on the soundtrack. I remember hearing a few weeks ago or so that the tracks would be out of sequence, ala episode I's soundtrack. But looking at the track titles, it seems that the tracks might be in order. So, does anyone know for sure? I only ask because I've been trying to put the sequence of events of the movie in order before I see it and I've been a little confused as to the order of events after the heroes split and go their separate ways to start Act 2 of the film. Thanks in advance!

15. DarthBane93

Jun 11, 1999
    In the Confrontation with Dooku track, there is a female voice in the background. During that time....is this Dooku's theme??

16. Bithysith

Bithysith Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 6, 2000
    MY GOD... Across the Stars is quickly becoming one of my favorite SW tracks, ever... John Williams has outdone himself this time. Simply gorgeous... I started to tear up at the end.

The Zam chase... starts out with some very familiar elements (so far this is a "typical" John Williams composition). Whoah, I like this drum work... wow, you have to love the guitar! (Sure adds to the Coruscant flavor.) This is very intense, can't wait to hear it with the film.

Yoda and the Younglings is very soft and gentle... god, I love this soundtrack so far. (I can hear "A.I"s influence in here.)

Anakin and Padmé... starts off sweet and innocent. Seems like Across the Stars is going to be a recurring theme in this soundtrack (good!). Now there is a sense of foreboding present... did I say how much I love this soundtrack?

The Tusken camp, let's see... oh goodness, this is sad. I can see Anakin's face, distorted in pain and hatred.

Love Pledge, I'm liking it so far (again, Across the Stars can be heard)... this is so tender and pure. God, girls are going to be crying in the theatre at this scene! :eek: Okay, definitely a taste of the TPM soundtrack here, but more regal. Oooh... those drums again, love it.

Return to Tatooine (DotF! Awesome!) and the Meadow Picnic are simply a joy to listen to.

Confrontation with Dooku, I love the way this is starting out... almost creepy. Imperial March!!! Omigod! Awesome... this is so beautiful... *tears up* Thank you JOHN TOWNER WILLIAMS! :D

This could quite possibly be my favorite SW soundtrack yet.

I just realized that Across the Stars reminds me of the music from Franco Zeffirelli's Romeo and Juliet. That's why it hits me so hard! :_|

17. Darth_Core_Dump

Darth_Core_Dump Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 3, 2001
    Everything bithysith just said (bravo), plus this...

the return of the Trade Federation music, but much, MUCH tougher. it's a little slower, and heavier. simply awesome.

I don't think it can be emphasized enough, Across the Stars is absolutely beautiful. JW just completely nailed this one.

18. DarthBane93

Jun 11, 1999
    Yeah, after hearing the Confrontation with DOoku theme again, I do think the Imperial March part is probably when the Clones are boarding the transports or something like that. It seems more militaristic than a theme applied to Anakin. If it was used in the duel, I think it would be a little less suttle dont you??

There really is no upbeat duel track. It looks like this duel will be like others except EpI where it mostly consists of taunting each other.

Also, I guess they didnt include a track where Yoda shows up and bests Dooku. I would have loved to have heard that one. THere will be music for that one for sure, but again, Sony is ripping us off by giving us an incomplete soundtrack.

19. Double_Sting

Double_Sting Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2001
    Bithy, everything makes you cry :p

20. Billy_Masqets

Billy_Masqets Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 12, 2001
    Okay, who wants to play the "lets match the action with the music" game?

Lets start with "Love Pledge and the Arena"

The pledge itself is right from the start up to ca 1:50.

Between 1:50 and 2:40 we have the tying at the stake, "Good Job" and the entry of the Reek...

Feel free to continue and/or correct...

:D

21. Bithysith

Bithysith Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 6, 2000
    Double_Sting, you have no idea. :D I'm pretty empathetic, and that makes for alot of crying... you should have seen me during the last 20 minutes of E.T.!

Thanks, D_C_D. I don't think I've heard one negative review of this score yet.

22. Skywalk272

Skywalk272 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 16, 2000
    I posted this on the other huge thread-but I'd like some second opinions on what I think I hear. Anyone?

Listen to Across the stars again-while listening to the Dooku confromtation and whistling to myself-I realized something.

There is something very familiar about "across the stars". First whistle the main melody of Across the stars-but speed it up some. Then whistle or hum the Star Wars main theme. These two melodies are almost exact MIRROR images of each other! Just switching the places with high to low notes and vice versa. Hopefully someone musically inclined can help explain what I hear. Anyone agree?

23. Beren

Beren Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 6, 1998
    I love this soundtrack. Can't wait for the cd. My favorite track so far is The Tusken Camp and the Homestead. I just love how it builds and lapses. Very nice motifs.

24. Skywalk272

Skywalk272 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 16, 2000
    Yep-you can almost feel the conflict within Anikan going on there . . .

Oh happy day!

ahem . . . calm . . . deep breath . .

so anybody see the similarites I pointed out-or does everyone think I'm nuts?

25. Frank_TJ_Mackey

Frank_TJ_Mackey Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2000
    it is me or the first few seconds of Confrontation with Dookusounds a lot like the The "malevolent" version of the Force theme (at least bits of !!!, I'm sure ) mixed with the muz when The Emperor Dies in ROTJ........maybe it's Dooku's theme......both sides of the Force clashing musically

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.