main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

London, ON *** Official "I got the DVD thread" ***

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Primrodo, Nov 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    I got it!

Yes broke me conned myself into getting this DVD, and what can I say...the menus are amazing!

The recipt says I got it at 15:55:04 or 3:55 for us normals :)

Aw yes, me happy!

2. Wolf

Wolf Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    I got the DVD as well. Star Wars and the Lord of the Rings Special Edition.

Receit time: 11:17 AM

I'm Winning so far as to first to buy.

P.S. I got the money from a Proline ticket that i won yesterday! $81 bucks! first time i've won anything.

3. PaulV

PaulV Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 8, 2002
    sorry Matt I beat beat you by 8 minutes. Got EPII and lord of the rings as well at 11:09 this morning. just finished watching about half of the extra stuff. All I got to say is WOW. Love it make sure you watch the blooper reel it's really funny. Now it's time to start to watch lord of the rings.

4. SarahSkywalker

SarahSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 24, 2002
    This for deb and I is the official "rub salt in the wound" thread :p
    Us no dvd player girls *sigh*
    And WHY can't they sell for $14.99 as the equivalent of the $9.99 US at best buy, walmart, TRU...
    grrr!
    Sucks I'm not going to the states anytime soon.

5. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    I got it, but then I had to go on a hunt to find it....

To make a long story short, I found it in my dogs food bag and just finished watching it :)

6. The_Last_Warrior

The_Last_Warrior Jedi Youngling star 2

May 6, 2002

Ok, George is starting to get to me. The most important things that SHOULD have been on the DVD are not.

Possible Spoiler alert:
    1. The extended 'tusken slaughter remorse scene'.
    2. The Plo Koon/Ki Adi Mundi sub plot.
    3. The Dooku 2 sabre scene
    4. The Obi wan "probe riding but with the lightsabre" original scene....although there are other scenes elude to it...
    5. The Dooku line "Really? I sense you have a lot of blood on your hands for such a young boy" in retaliation to the Anakin "You're going to pay for all the Jedi you killed today, Dooku" line, and the other dialogue.

*Sigh*. The sad thing is, is that I know when we will see it. In 2007/8, when George releases the "Archival" Edition with all 6 DVD's, and all the lost footage/deleted scenes from the originals. (Ie: Luke playing pool, many more Wampas, etc.)

With that said, I like the other stuff that they put in there, and the depth of the documentaries/features. But again, the thing I wanted the most (the deleted and alternate scenes) were a bit weak.

And to Debs. There was a scene in the "Love" featurette with padme in that blue dress you have.....wow....the resemblance really is remarkable.

7. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    I agree, the stuff that should have been deleted scenes are not, and the stuff that is, is kind of cheesy...

8. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    I got it at 10:40 AM. I win! ;)

I watched it last night, immediately after watching TPM. I watched the extras before I went to work. I must say that overall, I was impressed. The menus match those of the TPM DVD, the extras are decent, and the quality is good. I have it playing right now on my comp, right beside the Internet Exploror window.

9. SarahSkywalker

Sep 24, 2002
    But...Last Warrior, some of those scenes were in the book but never filmed. They just showed us one's that were actually filmed and unused.

10. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    Actually Sarah:

1. The extended 'tusken slaughter remorse scene'. - Was filmed, some lines were taken out from it. I remember reading that somewhere.

2. The Plo Koon/Ki Adi Mundi sub plot. - I don't know

3. The Dooku 2 sabre scene - Was filmed, you can see some of it in the behind teh scenes stuff.

4. The Obi wan "probe riding but with the lightsabre" original scene....although there are other scenes elude to it... - I dpon't know

5. The Dooku line "Really? I sense you have a lot of blood on your hands for such a young boy" in retaliation to the Anakin "You're going to pay for all the Jedi you killed today, Dooku" line, and the other dialogue. _ I thought this was originally filmed too...

11. MASTER_OBI-DAN

MASTER_OBI-DAN Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    Most of you may have read this before: Episode II - Deleted Scenes Depository. But for those of you who haven't, check it out, it's a good read. However, please note that it hasn't been updated in quite some time. :(

12. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    You guys watch the bloopers yet?

Disk 1 > Options > enter 1138 (some remotes may be a little wierd to get it to work.)

13. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    Well I tried again and again, and it no work :(

Silly thing! :(

14. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    It may be that your remote is looking for the number 11. Do you have a 10+ button? Try that then 1, then 3, then 8.

(10+) + 1 = 11

15. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    maybe thats it...

gonna try!

16. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    I tried 1138 on my num pad on my comp, but nothing. I'll try it in my DVD player later.

17. SarahSkywalker

Sep 24, 2002
    1. The extended 'tusken slaughter remorse scene'. - Was filmed, some lines were taken out from it. I remember reading that somewhere.

I read it...in the book...that's the only place I've seen it. I have a copy of AOTC script that includes the deleted scenes and that one isn't in there.

18. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    I just glossed over this thread, looking forward to seeing it for the first time with you guys tomorrow :) I bought it last night around 6:30 at work, I also put my name down for the big Display thing they were held in so there's a chance I might get it :)

19. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    *I'm so excited*

20. The_Last_Warrior

May 6, 2002

Holy Cr@P!!!

Play the movie and watch the tusken remorse scene. There are two extra lines in it!!!!!!!!!

After he breaks down and sits on the ground there are 2 more!!!!

Plus:

Yes, the Ki Adi Mundi/Plo Koon scene was shot, and thats why when Dooku turns off the battle driods in the arena and talks to Mace, you see those two and another Jedi being brought in to the circle o' Jedi.

Also, when Mace and Obi are back to back in the arena, there was some talking between them. In one of those "making of" things, you can see them back to back against the blue screen but they're mouths are moving as they're blocking. Apparently, Obi Wan says something like "they've got us outnumbered" and Mace says something along the lines of "don't worry.....Yoda's coming". Probably taken out because they wanted Yoda's arrival to be a surprise.....

21. Nyla

Nyla Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2002
    Those two extra lines are awesome!

22. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Actually I do believe the bit where Obi and Mace are talking what Obi-Wan was saying was something to the effect of having to get those droids shut down, and Mace saying that it was being taken care of. But since they cut the whole sequence out the lines were lost as well.

23. The_Last_Warrior

May 6, 2002

Ah....that would make more sense, from both story and editing perspectives.

I think I read the "yoda version" in one of the scripts posted before the release....

24. The_Last_Warrior

May 6, 2002

Has anyone been able to get that blooper reel working? I've tried multiple times but no dice.....

I was thinking it might be because I'm playing it on my Xbox.....or maybe because it's Fullscreen....but I have a buddy with Widesrceen and a real DVD player and his won't work either....

Anyone get it? We've tried both the "1-1" and the"10+1-1" courses....

25. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    You got fullscreen? Why?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.