main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official *** I've seen the movie, here are my thoughts**** thread

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Missninfan, May 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skywalk272

Skywalk272 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 16, 2000
    Ok I'll limt myself to just one more question- this is fun though thanks DI

Where and when/why do the flying sea-monster things with the riders appear on Kamino?

2. JohnWilliams00

JohnWilliams00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    Oh yeah, didn't someone mention Obi-Wan killing some creatures on Geonosis and then saying "Fun planet."

Was that in your versions? I kept waiting for it but never saw it. :confused:

3. JohnWilliams00

Jan 29, 2002
    ----Where and when/why do the flying sea-monster things with the riders appear on Kamino?----

It happens after the picnic scene when they are rolling in the grass. And then it cuts to the flying whale. There's really no purpose to the whales story-wise, just a detail for the Kamino environment. And then we see Obi Wan meet Jango for the first time.

4. C-3P0

C-3P0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2001
    Where and when/why do the flying sea-monster things with the riders appear on Kamino?

This is basically just a transition scene showing us the setting is once again Kamino.

5. DINVADER

DINVADER Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 25, 2000
    When Anakin gets his arm cut off, where does it fall to the floor? Does it land in a dark area you can't see? Could it have it gotten smashed with the thing that falls?Peopel wonder why they didn't just re-attach it.

6. Skywalk272

Feb 16, 2000
    Ooooo, is Obi watching them though? O well- I just think they are neato! I wanted to know more about them. Thanks GUys.

7. C-3P0

Apr 20, 2001
    When Anakin gets his arm cut off, where does it fall to the floor? Does it land in a dark area you can't see? Could it have it gotten smashed with the thing that falls?Peopel wonder why they didn't just re-attach it.

Anakin's arm is cut off in a very fast movement. Dooku then force pushes Anakin, and he goes flying back.

You don't see where the arm lands.

8. Darth_Oracle

Darth_Oracle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2000
    When Mace sneaks up on Jango, is his Saber ignited, as he holds it to his throat, or off?

9. C-3P0

Apr 20, 2001
    Oh yeah, didn't someone mention Obi-Wan killing some creatures on Geonosis and then saying "Fun planet."

Was that in your versions? I kept waiting for it but never saw it.

This was not in the DLP Dallas charity showing.

10. C-3P0

Apr 20, 2001
    When Mace sneaks up on Jango, is his Saber ignited, as he holds it to his throat, or off?

The saber is ignited and rests just under Jango's chin.

11. KITTY_FISTO

KITTY_FISTO Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 23, 2002
    some quick questions : is the scene included in the movie where a Tusken Child and Mother are confronted by Anakin ? And also, do we see an injuired Plo Koon and what does his voice sound like in his one line dialogue ?

12. JohnWilliams00

Jan 29, 2002
    I think Mace turns it on right near Jango's neck, like two inches away. I remember it's fast and Dooku and Jango have a "wtf" look on their face lol.

13. Skywalk272

Feb 16, 2000
    C-3PO hmm, that makes a little more sense for Anikan to go unconcious that way though-like he hit the ground pretty hard afterwards? I assumed it was just from the shock, but oh well.

14. Admiral Hackbar

Admiral Hackbar Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 14, 1999
    Plo Koon does not speak a word.

15. C-3P0

Apr 20, 2001
    some quick questions : is the scene included in the movie where a Tusken Child and Mother are confronted by Anakin ? And also, do we see an injuired Plo Koon and what does his voice sound like in his one line dialogue ?

The Tusken Mother and child are simply shown in the camp. Only three adult male tuskens get killed before the scene wipe.

Plo Koon is not a prominent Jedi in the arena battle. I don't recall him having any dialogue.

16. DINVADER

DINVADER Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 25, 2000
    Does Anakin scream (like Luke did when his hand was cut off) when he got his arm cut off?

Did seeing the Lars homestead bring flashbacks of ANH when Luke lives there?

Does Padme have any scenes at the homestead when Anakin is gone on the speederbike?

Does Obi-Wan check a dead Jedi's pulse?

17. Admiral Hackbar

Dec 14, 1999
    Padme has no scene while Anakin is away.

Yes, Obi-Wan checks a dead jedi's pulse.

I don't remember Anakin screaming, but he does groan in pain when they come and rescue him and Obi-wan.

18. AcrossTheStars

AcrossTheStars Jedi Youngling

Mar 14, 2002
    Does Anakin scream (like Luke did when his hand was cut off) when he got his arm cut off? Yea, somehwat like it... but he faints or something after. Whole arm vs. hand.. x.X still...I'd scream bloody hell.

I got fashbacks, but I was like so into it at the moment...

Does Padme have any scenes at the homestead when Anakin is gone on the speederbike? Nope.

Does Obi-Wan check a dead Jedi's pulse ? Yes! Right before more droids eneter the arena...

19. C-3P0

Apr 20, 2001
    Does Anakin scream (like Luke did when his hand was cut off) when he got his arm cut off?

Not really noticeable. He is force pushed back and crumples to the floor.

It did to me.

Does Padme have any scenes at the homestead when Anakin is gone on the speederbike?

No

Yes.

20. KITTY_FISTO

KITTY_FISTO Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 23, 2002
    thanks C-3PO and Admiral Hackbar... another question for you - are the tatoos on Jangos arms anything significant, AND is Shmi's body hanging on a cross like thing inside the Tusken tent ?? Thanks !

21. JohnWilliams00

Jan 29, 2002

He let off a little grunt, sort of, but nothing like Luke's agonizing scream. I was a little dissapointed by this, as I wanted the scream to echo his son. But Anakin gets Force pushed, so maybe he got knocked silly.

Yeah definitely. There are a few shots that are identical to ANH, you can tell GL intentional shot it that way. Btw, when Anakin goes on his Speeder bike, it's the exact spot where Luke looks at the Binary Sunset in ANH.

Sadly, no. A lot of good stuff was dropped in my opinion. But the lack of a Padme scene didn't feel that bad.

Yeah

22. Darth_Oracle

Darth_Oracle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2000
    --Padme has no scene while Anakin is away--

Too bad, it would be nice exposition if there were some sort of bonding between Padme and Beru/Owen. After all, she does allow them to raise her son...

BTW does anyone else think Vader should *NOT* know about Luke until after ANH? - That might get us off topic so just a

*Yes* or *No* will suffice and not get this locked.

23. C-3P0

Apr 20, 2001
    thanks C-3PO and Admiral Hackbar... another question for you - are the tatoos on Jangos arms anything significant, AND is Shmi's body hanging on a cross like thing inside the Tusken tent ?? Thanks !

Jango's tatoos are not mentioned even in passing in the film. In fact, I don't remember even seeing tattoos.

Shmi's is lashed to a sort of Indian Lean-to in the tent

24. Admiral Hackbar

Dec 14, 1999
    I can't remember seeing Jango's arms. The one time he has his armor off he has a long sleeve shirt on.

Shmi is slumped over with her hands died to a post stuck in the ground. Anakin unties her without there really being a wide shot to see exactly how she is tied up. She has two nasty 'u' shaped cuts on her face.

25. Estranged

Estranged Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2001
    Did anyone notice that Anakin was standing in the same exact spot at the homestear where Luke was when he looked at the twin suns? When I saw Anakin standing there I was hoping that there would have been a quick shot of him looking at the suns but there was'nt. Padme comes and they hug.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.