main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

***OFFICIAL*** Milwookiee Lounge, a social thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by BYOB_Kenobi, Jun 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedisister

jedisister Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 1, 2001
    Hey all! If anyone is interested(not that you would be...but just in case) I started my own web page. It kinda sucks right now, but if any one wants to take a look at it or give me some insight on how to improve it, feel free. (Just be nice, I'm so computer illiterate, its not even funny!!)
    Be forewarned, I'm on a LoTR kick, and being a Legolas fan...well, there's a bit of that on there. Here's the addy:
    www.geocities.com/elfheartinlife/Elfheart_page

Check out the "my little fairy princess"!! My fairy in real life! :)

2. Mauler_II

Mauler_II Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    The web site looks pretty good!

I would HIGHLY recommend you read the LOTR books as well (I thought I read in one of your posts that you hadn't read the books yet). I am just finishing up Return of the King and the entire series in incredible. Lots of differences between the movies and the books. I guarantee that you will not put TTT down through the last 50 pages!

I always meant to read them but after seeing TTT I knew I wanted to read them right away. I'm not a fantasy guy, but the books really got me hooked.

I would also be intesteds in talking to some one who has read them recently...

3. jedisister

Dec 1, 2001
    I started reading them!! I read "The Hobbit" and am reading "The Two Towers". I intend to read "Fellowship" & "Return of the King", (ROTK next). The books are really good!!

Thanks Mauler,I've been working on more since I posted here, I plan on updating it w/more SW pics(if anyone knows where I can find some pics),and more of my kids of course!! Also, if anyone has FF pics of our gang, I'll post them as well.

4. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    "If anyone knows where I can get some..."

Posts of a sexual nature are not allowed.

:p

5. Rick_Sith

Rick_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002
    Wow, thats a lot of pics on one page, Jedisister.

Just one thing I noticed...
    Your website is Elfheart, right? But on your webpage it says Elheart. Missing the f in there.

Other than that, it looks great. I'm sure you will come up with dozens of ways to improve it as time comes and goes.
    Just play with it and have fun. :D (no, Tom, that wasn't of a sexual nature)

6. LeiaYT1300

LeiaYT1300 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    Very nice website, Tracey! Although I don't know the first thing about setting up a website, I'd say yours is pretty darn good for a first try. :)

7. jedisister

Dec 1, 2001
    Thanks Everyone!! Rick, I didn't even notice that!! I'll fix that right away!!

Remember, if anyone has pics of fanforce stuff, I'll put it up too.

8. bwing53

bwing53 Jedi Master star 3

May 7, 2002
    Nice work, Tracy! That's quite a good representation of Legolas/Orlando Bloom. Hey, shouldn't someone with a name like "Orlando" have a much darker complexion?

Tom--I didn't mean you should tie it in with the SW universe, I just thought that was the purpose of the fanfic section--my bad. Ignorance strikes again! I do think it's a solid piece, and would read more if you made it available.

Dan--I loved the books as well. I was initially turned off by The Hobbit because of all the set-up involved, but once I got through that and into the trilogy, I was blown away. I couldn't believe that l waited so long to read them--if it hadn't been for the movies, I might never have. I'd like to have a discussion on the trilogy some time, too, to see what others thought of it.

Jason

9. Skywalker1138

Skywalker1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2002
    Tracey: There's a second man we have in common: Legolas Greenleaf. Interesting that we go after the same men. lol.

BWing53: Actually, Orlando does have dark, curley hair and often a mustache (argh) but, Legolas doesn't (yea)

10. Jedi_Knight_Isadore

Jedi_Knight_Isadore Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 1, 2002
    Hey all, sorry for being such a lerker, but things have been interesting for me.

Over the past two months, I have had my share of ups and downs. I've lost a couple of jobs, and two grandparents and about to lose a third.

But on the brighter note, I have a full time job, starting soon, as a server at Tumbleweeds and I am most likely going back to school part time for a degree in film.

I hope everything is going good for everyone else. Hopefully soon, my life will settle down enough so I can actually do things with people again.

Oh, btw, I found out yesterday on my birthday (sorry I didn't tell anyone, but I barely remembered myself) that Orlando Bloom and I have the same birthday. I just think that is so neat because he plays my favorite character of Legolas in LotR :)

Well hopefully, chat with everyone soon. If you don't hear from me, just assume real life ate me.

Devan

11. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    I'm currently developing a new TV sitcom called Everbody Loves Legolas.

12. jedisister

Dec 1, 2001
    Can't help it!! He's just so...WOW!!! I mean what an archer!! What strength!! What loyalty, what EYES!! And his keen sense of hearing and brilliant eyesight!! AND THEM EARS!!! I LOVE THOSE EARS!!! :D What can I say?!?! Truth is, I've loved elves as long as I've loved Jedi. And Tolkien's portrayal of the elves is much more how I always pictured elves to look like. Note: I love Legolas, Orlando, while doing an excellant job being an elf, is still just another actor(though, good) to me. NOT infatuated w/Orlando.(Just for the record ;) )
    !

13. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    Okay guys...

My will is getting weaker by the day, and the call of the PS2 is growing stronger and stronger. I fear I may break down and buy one before the week ends.

Other than Final Fantasy X, Devil May Cry and Metal Gear Solid 2 (I'm holding off on getting this until MGS2:Substance comes out in March), what games do you guys recommend?

14. Bishop76

Bishop76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Grand Theft Auto III and Vice City - both amazingly fun and lots of replay value. Also a really cool party game. The Two Towers is a good action game, but you'll have it beat in 10-15 hours or less. You've already hit on the Final Fantasy stuff, and you know how much of a FF tard I am already, so I won't go into too much detail, but FFXI should be coming out this year and FFX-2 probably will be as well, so it's a good year for FF games. Oh, there's some other good RPGs coming out soon like .hack/INFECTION and Xenosaga. Hmm... other than that, I must say I can't think of anything right off hand.

The X-Box looks like it's got some good titles coming. Halo 2, some really cool SW games (Galaxies and Knights of the Old Republic), Ninja Gaiden (an exclusive to Xbox), and this may only interest me but some Lovecraft horror FPS games.

Game Cube doesn't excite me too much right now. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles is cool, but other than that I'm not seeing anything. The new Zelda looks way too cartoonish for me to enjoy I think.

Jeff

15. ToxicNed

May 2, 2002
    Bah, forget FF XI Jeffro. I don't like the online idea of it. Square ran into quite a few problems with it and it's not doing as well as they'd planned in Japan last I'd heard.

I may get Kingdom Hearts also based off of recommendations of people here. But I think (read KNOW) I need the RPGs to make it worthwhile. So that means FFX and Kingdom Hearts. Other recommendations?

Oh Jeff, I got my reservation for the new Zelda game. It does look cartoony, but I'm giving it a whirl. Plus it's bringing back memories of Dragon's Lair, as frustrating as those memories are... Pre-orders through Babbage's and Software Etc. get you the bonus discs of the GC version of Ocarina of Time and the add-on for it that was going to come with the 64DD.

16. Bishop76

Apr 1, 2002
    I've heard good things about Suikoden III, Baldur's Gate II, and Wild Arms 3 for the PS2 as far as RPGs go. Haven't played any of them myself, but the reviews have been pretty good (from both "pro" reviewers and friends).

I don't know about Zelda, though... but that pre-order deal is almost worth it - Ocarina of Time was a cool game. You'll have to let me know how it is when you get it.

Oh, and I'm not that crazy about FFXI either, but I figure I'll end up playing it anyway. I haven't missed a Final Fantasy since the game first came over here and I don't plan to start now. Well, okay, so I missed II, III, and V but that's not my fault. And I've made up for it by buying the re-makes. Oh, on this note, Final Fantasy Origins - the remake of FFI and FFII is coming out in April. Just read that somewhere.

Jeff

17. ToxicNed

May 2, 2002
    :eek:

Forgot about Suikoden III! *looks at copy of Suikoden II that hasn't been played yet* Wild Arms I'm not too thrilled with after playing the first one, but I'd give it a rental. Did they ever make Grandia II for the PS2? I liked the first one even though I didn't get too far into it... Darn you FF Anthology for distracting me!

You may like this Jeff. It sounds like Namco may be doing all 6 games in the Xenosaga story. That means they're looking at re-doing Xenogears.

18. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    ...most of the last pages are of a lot of interest to me. I just can't focus on them right now. I absolutely hate Ohio..I hate it.

m

19. tello999

tello999 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2002
    In addition to Grand Theft Auto 3 & GTA Vice City, i'd highly reccommend:

1. SOCOM - U.S. Navy Seals
    2. Max Payne
    3. Gran Turismo 3

these are a tad older, but they are AWESOME games.. I've played and completed all of them...

20. Skywalker1138

Skywalker1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2002
    Chris Reeve will be on Smallville!

The Smallville episode Christopher Reeve will be on will air on Feb. 25, 2003 and the
    title is Rosetta. I also read on SciFi Wire's website that the co creator of Smallville said that Mr. Reeve's role could be more recurring next season and he talked to Mr.Reeve about it and yes Mr.Reeve is interested. COOL! Something tells me we have our Jor El. Even though he's dead after Krypton exploded I bet his spirit is inside Dr. Swann since the scientist tells Clark something that changes his life forever and since Tom Welling's and Christopher Reeve's scene will be filmed in New York City I bet that will be used as Metropolis since it was in the Superman movies even though the interior scenes were filmed at a studio in London except for the Daily Planet it was the Daily News and they filmed some of the other cities on location around the world. This episode is gonna rock!

21. Auraveda

Auraveda Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2001
    PS2 Games, here's some stuff that hasn't been mentioned yet -

Jon if you like exploring and solving puzzles then you might want to try "Ico". It's a really beautiful game, but sort of unusual. The graphics kick ass for a PS2. You may want to rent it before investing the $45. I loved it, but it doesn't appeal to everyone. The only downside I found is that it doesn't have any replay value. Once you've solved the puzzles, they're solved.

"Jedi Starfighter" is a fairly decent space battles kind of game. Pretty fun and challenging.

Onimusha is pretty good - worth a rental at any rate.

I would definitely second the mention of Grand Theft Auto 3 and Vice City. Truly excellent games.

22. ToxicNed

May 2, 2002
    In addition to Grand Theft Auto 3 & GTA Vice City, i'd highly reccommend:

1. SOCOM - U.S. Navy Seals
    2. Max Payne
    3. Gran Turismo 3

1) SOCOM I've heard good things about, but I'm not much for the online games (that's what my 'puter's fer! :p), and I heard that's a major pull for this game.
    2) Played it on the PC, thought it was darned cool. But I don't think I'd get it again since I already have it.
    3) Played GT2 and thought it was a darned good driving sim; GT3 is a definate possibility.

23. ToxicNed

May 2, 2002
    Forgot about Jedi Starfighter... And that's in the Greatest Hits series if I recall correctly! :D $19.99 for da gaem! :p

24. Bishop76

Apr 1, 2002
    See, I never got the Gran Turismo thing. The grafx are beautiful, but other than that I think it's incredibly dull. 'Course, most of the games I enjoy could be considered incredibly dull by the mainstream so I've really got no place to talk...

It's only fun if you can ram the cops and then vivisect them with a chainsaw ;)

Oh, and Xenosaga is a different telling of Xenogears. Originally Xenogears was a part of the Xenosaga, but I think they're changing that up now because of a general unhappiness with Xenogears. Yeah, hope that made some sort of sense

Jeff

25. SySnootles

SySnootles Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    Did I read correctly? Is Baulder's Gate II out for PS2?!?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.