main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Rebels Collecting Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by starwarschick14, Aug 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    I wanted to let people know that the Target in Marlboro had the newest wave of figures. 51-53. Antilles, Zett, and some planet guard. I can't remember which planet though or his name. lol They had a bunch of figures for each one so they must have gotten a few cases in. Now I need to decide if I am going to cancel my pre-orders. lol If I find 54-56 I might consider it then again I can always sell my extras to my brother or use them as trade bait. lol I might do the sell to brother thing because they are having a hard time finding figures in their area of OH.

2. Jedimapper

Jedimapper Jedi Youngling

Jul 19, 2005
    Target in Watertown has several new figures finally:
    Red Royal Guards, Zett Jukassa, Utapaun Warrior, Captain Antilles and the AT-TE Gunner figures....

The Red Guard are very nice with that soft fabric cape and a bandoliered rifle.

I'm going to visit the South Bay store today and will report on its stock later.

mg

3. Obi-Wandering

Obi-Wandering Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2005
    WOW! If you are looking for new action figures, head on up to the Seabrook, NH WalMart. They loaded up yesterday. They had the green Clone Commander variants, the Red quick draw clone variants, the new Obi Wan Red Leader Pilot, the super articulated clones, Darth Vader #11, etc. As of 8:00 last night they still had tons left.

Happy Hunting!
    P

4. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Nice find! I can't wait to get the Obi-Wan pilot figure. I've seen some pics on other sites and it looks like it the best Obi figure yet.

5. Jedimapper

Jul 19, 2005
    South Bay Target was a pointless waste of time, Nthing new there in weeks. The TRU had the new Obi Wan TRU exclusive starfighter with Obi Wan figure. They had 4 or 5 on the shelf this morning. Nothing else worth the visit there as they did not have any new figures either except for the very cool Tusken Raider Unleashed. Now I don't collect Unleashed figures but I was tempted to start by that one, but I know that would of been a downward spiral towards ebay and my wife being not too happy....

mg

6. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    After the next wave of Unleashed that line is going away for a smaller version from what I have been told. The last wave is set to be Han in a Stormtrooper suit, Chewy for ROTS, and I forget the last one.

7. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    Those are some good finds. I heard they were having a bunch of new clones and re-paints. Now if I only knew where Seabrook, NH was. lol My wife would kill me if I drove up there this weekend. lol

8. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Got an early (and unexpected) b-day present from my mom over the weekend. She got me the MR .45 scaled Obi-Wan lightsaber. It's the first one of these that I now own and I have to say they're pretty darn cool. It will look nice displayed on my desk at home. :D

9. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    That is a cool gift there. I think I have seen them before and thought they were cool. I am not sure if I will ever get one or not. One the wife might get mad at me for getting more stuff and two I really shouldn't be spending the money. lol I guess would mean I have to quit collecting the figures then. lol

Hope you had a great b-day.

10. Jedimapper

Jul 19, 2005
    Watertown Target had about 6 500th Vader today.

11. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    Watertown Target had about 6 500th Vader today.
    Interesting. :)

12. Jedimapper

Jul 19, 2005
    For those of you who follow the Rebelscum forums and who have yet to find out about this; there is now a New England section and there will be a Greater Boston thread in which to report finds!!!

Happy hunting!

13. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    My Leia Boushh bust arrived last week and it's awesome! I was skeptical about this when I saw the pictures but she's my all-time favorite character so I had to get her. Well let's just say I was very pleasantly surprised when I saw her in person. Anyone who is a Leia fan should pick up this bust :)

14. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    I definitely plan on picking one up. I had pre-ordered one from SWS.com but ended up canceling the order when the release date kept getting pushed back.

Well I hauled in a small collection of assorted SW stuff for my birthday this past weekend. On top of the MR .45 scaled Obi-Wan saber, I also got a few of the M&M Mpire figures, a Vader alarm clock, and a couple of the new Hallmark ornaments.

15. Jedimapper

Jul 19, 2005
    South Bay Target no longer has a SW section for the time being...apparently after the latest reset they realised they did not have the space for SW toys....I am a little upset with this.

16. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    That's weird. I'd definitely address your displeasure to whatever manager you can talk to there. Let them know that you'll be taking your shopping elsewhere. Squeaky wheel gets the grease you know.

If that doesn't work, well I'm sure SW toys will be back come September when they start clearancing out the Fantastic 4 and Batman Begins stuff.

17. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    Darth Wormie, it sounds like you got a good collection of Star Wars collectables for your birthday. :)

18. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I think this might be a slight oversight on their part. Most of the ones in Metrowest have been doing reorgs lately. I am sure they will have more out soon. Wally Worlds out this way have little to nothing out. TRU has a ton of the older figs and a few of the Mpire. I was able to pick up most of wave 2 except for Dooku and Darth Maul. I saw them at Kaybee but I wasn't paying 8.99 for them. I was also able to pick up the last micro vehicle set the one that is the Target exclusive. The collection is pretty cool. I doubt that I buy any more though. Who knows I might end up selling it at some point. lol

19. Jedimapper

Jul 19, 2005
    Fresh Pond TRU...

Lots of good stuff here today: Black clone pilots and bpoth red and green clone commanders. For you army builders...lots of #6 and #41 clones, also lots of crispy anakins.

Watertown target still had 3 Jedi vs. Sith Battlepacks. It is pricy though...24.99 for the 5 figs. IMO it's only worth is the Asajj figure and the storm trooper armor for the Obi Wan figure...along with a knight's lance!!!!

mg

20. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    theforce.net is reporting that the much awaited return of the "REAL" Unleashed line is going to be back in the Spring of '06. Here's a link to the article along with pictures of the 3 new figures. I was very upset when they changed the line to those small RPG-style figures. I'm glad that they are back to normal now :).

21. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Ahh, that's the wave that was supposed to be released back when they made the idiotic decision to "cancel" the line. All 3 figures are existing molds that they've made minor changes to.

22. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    Yeah I don't understand why they're wimping out on the Unleashed line. It has so much potential! And there's still so much more they could do with it. More Unleased I'd like to see...

A non-pole dancing Leia (preferable ANH version)
    Padme from Episode 1 in her maroon battle gear
    QUI-GON (for the love of God Hasbro, stop ignoring who was probably the most important character in TPM)
    Lando
    Quinlan Vos (if they did Asaaj they can do Quin)
    Obi-Wan (Episode 1)
    ANH Luke

We don't need 2 Chewie's who are almost identical, nor did we need another Han.

In more exciting news, my Anakin Clone Wars Maquette shipped and will be here soon :)

23. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    A non-pole dancing Leia - I've still got to get that one =P~.
    Padme from Episode 1 in her maroon battle gear - Another Padme would be nice.
    QUI-GON (for the love of God Hasbro, stop ignoring who was probably the most important character in TPM) - I definately agree with you on this one! Either a pose of him cutting through the doors on the Trade Federation ship or from his duel with Maul would be awesome!
    Lando - You can never go wrong with such a smooth operator :cool:.
    Quinlan Vos (if they did Asaaj they can do Quin) - More EU characters would be nice.
    Obi-Wan (Episode 1) - That would be a great one as it would provide a complete PT view of one character.
    ANH Luke - Good for the same reason as an Ep.I Obi-Wan, except it would be OT of course :p.

We don't need 2 Chewie's who are almost identical, - I agree. Changing his blaster and sticking a shield in the other hand is not my idea of "new" either. If only they did something like Chewie carrying C-3PO on his back from ESB instead.

nor did we need another Han. - I don't mind the multiple versions, I just wish they'd mix it up more. Like a Carbonite Han... although that wouldn't really fall under the definition of the whole "Unleashed" name :oops:.

24. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Add me to the list of people DYING for something...ANYTHING Qui-Gon related. He was the glue that held that movie together and Hasbro is COMPLETEY ignoring him.

I like the ideas Meri posted for new Unleashed figures. Not sure about an EP1 Obi only because we already have an EP2 & EP3 version. Maybe if they did a 3 figure wave of Qui-Gon, Obi and Maul with all 3 bases connecting together? That would be sweet!

For Leia, I'd go with a Trach Compactor scene complete with that big metal 'rod' that she and Han were bracing against the wall.

Lando, I've been screaming for a Lando one for about 2 years now. You could have him in a pose shooting a stormie rifle into the air at the Slave 1 from the CC landing pad.

Not sure if I'm going to continue collecting these though. Thought I'd get the ROTS Obi & Ani but never did. I may just end up selling what I have off to help pay off the GG, MR and Code 3 stuff I've been buying lately. Don't know yet.

25. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    If you do be sure to toss us a heads up with your eBay link ;). Which figures do you have Mike?
    I've got:
    AotC: Anakin / Padme / Obi-Wan / Yoda
    ANH: Han
    ESB: Luke
    RotJ: Sidious

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.